Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Hey I had like 10 minutes in the shower to think of something and that's the best I could do!

It's funny, but I just kind of get those cringe chills from how Lamars caps the whole thing. Maybe that means it's great though? The picture for that one would be the hard part. 

It did help me come up with my new nickname for him though, "LAMARTIAN". Dude is from another planet.

@diamondbull424 I know it's DC, but how does....

'LaMartian- Fan Hunter' sound? lol. Now that would be cringey :D.

Martian-Manhunter-DC-Comics-JSA.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So now that Flacco is soon to be gone...it looks like it's time for a new punny name. I'm open to suggestions!

Sub-ParLamar
SuxAtPassinJackson

OK I'm done being a dnozzle....I had a real question. What is going to happen with FA's Michael Pierce & CJ Mosley? They perfectly fit what the Browns need in FA and I'd love to get either one of them if they're going to hit the market. Is it realistic that they reach the market? Those two guys seem like key pieces of the defense that you could ill-afford to lose. And I don't think you guys are in a crazy bad cap situation, right? Suggs is coming off the books, Flacco is likely to be elsewhere, and there aren't many other veterans making a ton of cash (I think). Is keeping one or the other a priority? Should both be expected back?

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Sub-ParLamar
SuxAtPassinJackson

OK I'm done being a dnozzle....I had a real question. What is going to happen with FA's Michael Pierce & CJ Mosley? They perfectly fit what the Browns need in FA and I'd love to get either one of them if they're going to hit the market. Is it realistic that they reach the market? Those two guys seem like key pieces of the defense that you could ill-afford to lose. And I don't think you guys are in a crazy bad cap situation, right? Suggs is coming off the books, Flacco is likely to be elsewhere, and there aren't many other veterans making a ton of cash (I think). Is keeping one or the other a priority? Should both be expected back?

Michael Pierce is a RFA and will likely be given the 2nd round tender.

Terrell Suggs will likely be back as a veteran mainstay that retires with the team.

Peanut Onwausar wasn’t mentioned but will be a RFA as well. Both Pierce and Peanut could potentially receive extensions.

Mosley is a nice player, but we have both Young and Peanut available plus Chris Board for a rotational backer (amongst other developing LBers). I doubt we see Mosley back. But if I had to put a percentage on it I’d put it at 40% back/ 60% gone... but that’s just an assumption.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Meh, Seahawks losing doesn't bother me.

I thought about it a little and the best I could come up with was "30 Seconds To Lamars", but I do love "The Jackson 8" as well. Gotta think more. AFlaccoSeagulls is just so good because it's so versatile lol

what about Lafumble Jackson... Actually I might take that one

On Marlon's IG Story he posted a video of him looking at his dropped pick. "The difference between a Pro Bowl CB and JAG".

Now I think Marlon is clearly a Top 5 CB in the league at this point, but I love the greatness he and other young players on this team are striving for. 

This young core on the club feels special.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DreamKid said:

On Marlon's IG Story he posted a video of him looking at his dropped pick. "The difference between a Pro Bowl CB and JAG".

Now I think Marlon is clearly a Top 5 CB in the league at this point, but I love the greatness he and other young players on this team are striving for. 

This young core on the club feels special.

Yup and I believe every SB team needs to have a collection of great burgeoning talent (like Marlon/Lamar) and veterans who are giving it all in the playoffs to write their final chapters on the line (Weddle/Suggs), for sure.

• Like 1

I know as a fan I shouldn't think this way, but.. 

At least once or twice a week since the draft, I genuinely still get mad that we passed on Derwin Freaking James. 

When he was still there on the board and we just didn't pick him, I almost lost it. I'm a Hurst fan but if you ask me who'd I'd rather have, I'm taking James 10 out of 10 times. 

Yes, I'm still bitter. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I know as a fan I shouldn't think this way, but.. 

At least once or twice a week since the draft, I genuinely still get mad that we passed on Derwin Freaking James. 

When he was still there on the board and we just didn't pick him, I almost lost it. I'm a Hurst fan but if you ask me who'd I'd rather have, I'm taking James 10 out of 10 times. 

Yes, I'm still bitter. 

Derwin James was regarded as a young pro bowl talent, Hayden Hurst was never considered such a player. We did outthink ourselves on that one.

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Every single Ravens' fan on this thread is too football-smart for how often someone makes a Hayden Hurst - Derwin James 1 on 1. The Ravens FO had James over Hurst (they literally said as much immediately after day 1 of the draft), but that was NOT the choice.

The picks we got from trading back between the James and Hurst pick we're involved in too many trades to come away with a true comparison list, but we can definitively say that Mark Andrews and Kenny Young (we like them right?) came along with Hurst, sourced completely from the draft capital we got got in from the James trade

I'm not saying the Ravens made the right choice (I would have been happier on draft day if they just took James) but pose the question correctly. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Every single Ravens' fan on this thread is too football-smart for how often someone makes a Hayden Hurst - Derwin James 1 on 1. The Ravens FO had James over Hurst (they literally said as much immediately after day 1 of the draft), but that was NOT the choice.

The picks we got from trading back between the James and Hurst pick we're involved in too many trades to come away with a true comparison list, but we can definitively say that Mark Andrews and Kenny Young (we like them right?) came along with Hurst, sourced completely from the draft capital we got got in from the James trade

I'm not saying the Ravens made the right choice (I would have been happier on draft day if they just took James) but pose the question correctly. 

Interesting question: Would you rather have 3 "average" starters or one All-Pro?