Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

^^^^Someone hacked AFS' account. 

For all of the hype Derwin is getting, he still isn't near as explosive as he was pre-injury at FSU. Dude was a legit monster. 

This seems like a discussion that will be revisited every year. 

I know. I feel dirty typing that there's a scenario that exists where I would have to endure more regular season Flacco, but it exists!

It'll be revisited unless one or multiple of those picks becomes a bonafide stud. Then it'll die.

13 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

You dropped out pick 152 which turned into Bozeman and Lasley

I intentionally left it out as I figured giving up 154 in the first trade down cancelled it out when I was just working what the trades were to see who the players we ended up getting from pick 16 were.  I probably should have put it back in when I added in the first line of my post saying that it was listing all the trades we made

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I intentionally left it out as I figured giving up 154 in the first trade down cancelled it out when I was just working what the trades were to see who the players we ended up getting from pick 16 were.  I probably should have put it back in when I added in the first line of my post saying that it was listing all the trades we made

Ends up as:

Ravens - 16 & 154
Bills - 22 & 65

Ravens - 22 & 215
Titans - 25 & 125

Ravens - 52 & 125 & 2019 2nd
Eagles - 32 & 132

Ravens - 65 
Raiders - 75, 152 & 212

Ravens - 75
Chiefs - 86 & 122

Ravens - 152
Titans - 162 & 215

Gained - 25, 32, 86, 122, 132, 162, 212

Lost - 16, 52, 154, 2019 2nd

Lost After Acquired via Trade - 22, 65, 75, 125, 152

Retained - 83, 118, 190, 215 (traded away and then reacquired), 238

On 1/14/2019 at 1:02 AM, wackywabbit said:

I only mentioned the sliding down the draft because I think that fuels his hype; the opposite of what you suggest in your last sentence.

To the media (i.e. the people that vote on all-pro). He's the top 5 talent that inexplicably fell down the draft and so everyone labels him inderrated. But what happens when every single person says X is that they become overrated. The media coverage of him is entirely positive and his missed assignments aren't highlighted because they dont fit that narrative. The biggest reason I belive James fell in the draft was that people aren't sure he perfectly fits the safety position in a base defense. I've yet to see him show that he can hold up in coverage a that spot. They are using him as a disruptor closer to the LoS. And not to say that he's the same player, but when we do the same thing with Tony Jefferson, what does that really mean?

Regardless of where he was drafted, I think, with the all pro recognition and all, I think James is a but overrated right now. Shades of early Honey Badger to me. I think it's far from a given that he will be the guy we really regret passing on.

Surprised there wasn't a bigger deal made about this play:

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd rather lose on the Billy Cundiff kick than lose because the referees literally stole the game from you like they did the Saints today. Holy moly.

Heck no. The recency of the moment is overstating the impact of that call. The Saints still had a 78% of winning when they kicked the FG after the missed call. They still had multiple chances on offense and defense to win the game. 

The Cundiff miss brought the chances of winning to 0.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Heck no. The recency of the moment is overstating the impact of that call. The Saints still had a 78% of winning when they kicked the FG after the missed call. They still had multiple chances on offense and defense to win the game. 

The Cundiff miss brought the chances of winning to 0.

Yea, hearing a lot of folks (friends of mine, etc.) acting as though that play ended the game, which is simply not the case.

Way too early roster prediction (with draft wishes)

QB: LJ8, RGIII

RB: Edwards, Dixon, Collins, Gaskin

WR: Crabbag, Snead, Lasley, Moore, Andy Isabella, Jaylen Smith

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Hurst, Maxx Williams

OL: Stanley, Yanda, Brown, Senat, Bozeman, Eluemunor, Jenkins, Froholdt

DL: Williams, Pierce, Urban, Wormley, Henry, Zieler

ILB: Mosley, Peanut, Young, Board

OLB: Suggs, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Jaylon Ferguson

SS: Tony Jefferson, Chuck Clark, Anthony Levine

FS: Nasir Adderley, Elliot

CB: Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Young, Averett, Jones

Wolfpack: 3

Draft:

Adderley

Jenkins

Ferguson

Isabella

Froholdt

Gaskin

Smith

Don't know why I am doing this to myself, but I am watching the Chargers Ravens again. For how bad we were on offense, it took one hold on Ronnie stanley to kill our momentum.

We were down 3-12 in the 3rd quarter, just forced a fumble that got us a field goal, then forced a 3 and out and blocked a punt and then Lamar scrambled for 20 yards but it was called off because of a hold. Then Justin tucker missed the field goal and on the following drive the Chargers went down and scored and made it a 3 score game.

Just a huge penalty in every way.

Also, watching it again, i am certain that was a goal line fumble by Gordon that should have been a fumble return for a TD. We played bad and the Chargers won, but man the things that could have gone in our favor didn't.

• Like 1

Ed Reed is my favorite player of all-time. Inspired me to play football and play safety. He's the reason I user the FS in Madden. I emulated all of my game after him. There's simply nobody better to ever roam center field than #20.

I mean, for comparison the best FS in the NFL right now is Earl Thomas and his INT numbers don't even COME CLOSE to Ed Reed's, and Reed barely played in the pass-happy NFL we know today. He was just so dominant at what he did. Man, I wish I could go back to the early 2000's and watch those defenses with prime Ed, prime Sizzle and prime Ray.

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Congrats to Ed. Greatest Safety of all time, no discussion. Also props to Ozzie who drafted 3 1st Ballot players. Likely acquired 4 GOATs too. Ray Lewis - Jonathan Ogden - Ed Reed - Justin Tucker. Ozzie's GOAT farm alive and well.

I agree that drafting 3 first-ballot HOFers is an incredible feather in Ozzie's cap as GM.

BUT, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Ronnie Lott was probably equal to Ed Reed. Different eras, different players, but I think equally great. 

Lawrence Guy, Albert Mclellan, and John Simon all just got a ring with the Pats. 

Albert sucked for us this year, which is why we cut him. And in the end with the Pats signing him and us Cyrus Jones, it was like a trade. I hated John Simon in college and hated it when we picked him, sucks to see him get a ring. Guy I'm somewhat happy for, he's a hard working journeyman. 

I wish we could've played the Pats. It seems we're one of the only teams capable of giving them a fight. Hopefully we earn it next season.