Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Lawrence Guy, Albert Mclellan, and John Simon all just got a ring with the Pats. 

Albert sucked for us this year, which is why we cut him. And in the end with the Pats signing him and us Cyrus Jones, it was like a trade. I hated John Simon in college and hated it when we picked him, sucks to see him get a ring. Guy I'm somewhat happy for, he's a hard working journeyman. 

I wish we could've played the Pats. It seems we're one of the only teams capable of giving them a fight. Hopefully we earn it next season. 

You could be the Bills and have gave away Stephon Gilmore lol

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Lawrence Guy, Albert Mclellan, and John Simon all just got a ring with the Pats. 

Albert sucked for us this year, which is why we cut him. And in the end with the Pats signing him and us Cyrus Jones, it was like a trade. I hated John Simon in college and hated it when we picked him, sucks to see him get a ring. Guy I'm somewhat happy for, he's a hard working journeyman. 

I wish we could've played the Pats. It seems we're one of the only teams capable of giving them a fight. Hopefully we earn it next season. 

We are like the bumblee who shouldn't be able to fly, we are a team too stupid to know we aren't supposed to win against the Patriots. Its a blessing and a curse.

4 hours ago, RavensFC said:

I 100% believe we would have beaten the Patriots in New England if we had the chance but I can’t breaks be mad the chargers whopped are butts and that’s on us. I have high hopes for the future this team is going to do special things for sure

If we couldn't beat the Chargers and their quarters personnel, I have a hard time believing we were just gonna go into New England with a rookie QB and beat them with how good their pass rush has been playing lately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If we couldn't beat the Chargers and their quarters personnel, I have a hard time believing we were just gonna go into New England with a rookie QB and beat them with how good their pass rush has been playing lately.

I don’t think they do well against Lamar’s speed. I think Lamar’s rushing ability would’ve opened up the rest of the rushing attack. We shut down Brady and milk the clock. Get a few turnovers. I think the game would’ve looked similar to the first Chiefs game where it’s anyones ballgame.

That NE pass rush can’t pin their ears back with Lamar’s rushing threat and the fact that we could legitimately run the ball on all three downs for first downs. I would’ve put our chances at 45/55.

Edited by diamondbull424

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This x1000. Gus Bradley dominated us, imagine BB.

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

This x1000. Gus Bradley dominated us, imagine BB.

FWIW, the Chargers were the 1st team to play us for a 2nd time since building our new attack. They came prepared and we used the most inept approach possible for nearly the whole game. Yet, we still had a chance to Win on the final drive. For all the dominating they did, we still had a shot at snaking them in the end with a Rookie QB. Hold off on the ultra praise. 

We've decimated a BB defense before. There's no reason to believe we couldn't have downed them again. 

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

FWIW, the Chargers were the 1st team to play us for a 2nd time since building our new attack. They came prepared and we used the most inept approach possible for nearly the whole game. Yet, we still had a chance to Win on the final drive. For all the dominating they did, we still had a shot at snaking them in the end with a Rookie QB. Hold off on the ultra praise. 

We've decimated a BB defense before. There's no reason to believe we couldn't have downed them again. 

And look at what the Patriots did to the Chargers on both offense and defense lol

Like, yeah I want to believe we could've beat NE but let's be real here.

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Like, yeah I want to believe we could've beat NE but let's be real here.

We were on both the Saints and Chiefs necks when we played them. Those games could've went the other way real easy. And we were playing much better defense to the end the year. It would've been a game, and it's too bad this unit didn't earn it. Hopefully we get it next year though, and LJ8 becomes the New Nightmare for NE that his predecessor was.  

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

We were on both the Saints and Chiefs necks when we played them. Those games could've went the other way real easy. And we were playing much better defense to the end the year. It would've been a game, and it's too bad this unit didn't earn it. Hopefully we get it next year though, and LJ8 becomes the New Nightmare for NE that his predecessor was.  

He just knows, that only the might Joe Flacco can beat the Patriots in the playoffs. Without him, us and every other team has no chance to beat the hooded lord and the conqueror of uggs

So proud of Ray. He'll always be looked at as one of the worst Ravens by outsiders, but in my opinion he's become one of the best. I hope he continues to be a force of positive change and that his own story of reflection & transformation helps put other young men back on the right path.

It must be hard for his family every time another one of these DV incidents pops up. Feel for him.

It's not hard to see him becoming a part of the organization again down the road. I hope he does.

So if anyone is interested the AAF's second round of debut week games are today.

Our boy Josh Woodrum was a surprise 1st round selection for the Salt Lake Stallions. They play at 8 PM EST on NFLN.

I'm excited for Josh, who apparently has been lighting up their scrimmages and practices. He didn't disappoint for us within his role and it's great his ability was recognized. 

The AAF's slight game variances are easy to understand but what you need to know is the allocation process-

This Reddit post is also super helpful-   Our AAF affiliate team is the Arizona Hotshots. So say we cut Gus Edwards, because Rutgers is outside the Alliance footprint he would then be subject to Phase 2. Having most recently played for us he would be assigned to the Hotshots. We share the Hotshot affiliation with the Cardinals, Bears, and 49ers. So I guess eventually they are supposed to become the team we support, as various former Ravens eventually end up there. I'm going to root for the Salt Lake Stallions at this point in time though. I've gotta back Josh.

The league has some interesting names. Familiar to us would be guys like Nick Orr(little brother to Zach), Will Hill, and get this...remember our UDFA Center from last year who weirdly decided he didn't want to play football? Alex Thompson from Monmouth? Well he is in the league. Assigned to the Hotshots, I guess because he was technically with us in some capacity. 

Thompson was actually highly thought of among small school draft analysts and I was really disappointed he bailed on us. It's weird seeing his name again.

Also on the Arizona Hotshots is Rahim Moore.....like I said..interesting names.

Who are the Salt Lake Stallions playing?    You guessed it, the Arizona Hotshots.

It should be interesting, I recommend checking it out live or on a replay or something. These developmental leagues have been missing from the game. So it's great they're now starting to show up in force. It's all going to start out small, but we all know what the end game is- direct feeder minor league clubs associated with every NFL franchise. I've long joked about Annapolis Ants and their future developmental contributions to the Ravens, but my hope now doesn't seem so far off. 

Take a guy like Jaelon Acklin for example. He comes to us as an UDFA with some promise. Shows up and impresses throughout training camp. Then he gets injured in the HOF Game and eventually has to part ways with the team. Unfortunate circumstance has choked so much developmental talent out of the game and these minor leagues will help to catch these young players falling through the cracks. It's long overdue. 

20 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Our boy Josh Woodrum was a surprise 1st round selection for the Salt Lake Stallions. They play at 8 PM EST on NFLN.

Josh played well but unfortunately left the game early with a hamstring issue. Ironically his receivers on the Stallions also drop a lot of passes. Poor Woody can't escape that hell.