Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh the Browns look like a ticking time bomb personality wise. Who is going to manage all of their personalities? It looks like the kind of roster that will travel to Atlanta to face the Falcons and will instead be defeated by Magic City. Just saying.🤷🏽‍♀️

Lol I am imagining Freddie Kitchens trying to reign in OBJ. 

Lost in all of this is the Browns getting rid of Kevin Zeitler. Their Tackles were their weak point and now they ditched a top flight guard. For who? Some unproven 2nd Round rookie from last year? - That move makes it legit easier for us to beat them. 

The AFC North Crown is on our head, and our foot is on their neck. 

It's going to be so much fun beating them now that they think they're a contender.

Slept on it. Even with the Browns improving greatly with the OBJ move, I still feel good knowing we have such a deep pool of great corners and if there’s some way that EDC can improve our pass rush, we’ll still be as deadly on defense as we were last year. 

We really do need to get Lamar some help though. lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnVy_CaLiBeR said:

Slept on it. Even with the Browns improving greatly with the OBJ move, I still feel good knowing we have such a deep pool of great corners and if there’s some way that EDC can improve our pass rush, we’ll still be as deadly on defense as we were last year. 

We really do need to get Lamar some help though. lol 

First like.

I definitely agree with this though. Pass rush, particularly interior pass rush will be an important focus to target at some point.

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Lost in all of this is the Browns getting rid of Kevin Zeitler. Their Tackles were their weak point and now they ditched a top flight guard.

I didn’t notice this at all. This makes me so happy. Hated seeing Zeitler on division rivals for such a long time. He was literally one of my top 3 favorite OL talents that I scouted over the past decade. I wish him much success with the Giants, they’ve got a good one.

11 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh the Browns look like a ticking time bomb personality wise. Who is going to manage all of their personalities? It looks like the kind of roster that will travel to Atlanta to face the Falcons and will instead be defeated by Magic City. Just saying.🤷🏽‍♀️

IDK as it stands now, browns have better QB, RBs, WRs, O Line, D Line. Id say the ravens secondary is slightly better, but not by much....  Im not sure any draft picks this year or FA picksup will close those gaps.. 

Our offensive weapons are LOL compared to the Browns haha. Definitely need some pass rushing help.

Like I've said multiple times on this board, I think this will be a mini-rebuilding year where if we hit 500 that'll be a surprise.

Edited by M.10.E

8 minutes ago, paraven said:

IDK as it stands now, browns have better QB, RBs, WRs, O Line, D Line. Id say the ravens secondary is slightly better, but not by much....  Im not sure any draft picks this year or FA picksup will close those gaps.. 

True.

But none of this refutes the personality gap. Also the Browns are a team that last year bonded under the idea of being the underdog, how will they fair when they go into this offseason as the favorites of the NFL. Pressure bursts pipes.

Their coaching staff is unproven. Can they weather serious injury to a premier player, can they keep the players focused on the endgame, are their player leaders that will put their teammates in place for the good of the team?

These are all important components of a ball club.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

True.

But none of this refutes the personality gap. Also the Browns are a team that last year bonded under the idea of being the underdog, how will they fair when they go into this offseason as the favorites of the NFL. Pressure bursts pipes.

Their coaching staff is unproven. Can they weather serious injury to a premier player, can they keep the players focused on the endgame, are their player leaders that will put their teammates in place for the good of the team?

These are all important components of a ball club.

for sure, but one can say the same for the ravens. New OC, who doesnt have the greatest NFL resume, and a defense who just lost all of their "player leaders" . Im just saying it would be unwise to write the browns off, simply because "they are still the browns"

Just now, paraven said:

for sure, but one can say the same for the ravens. New OC, who doesnt have the greatest NFL resume, and a defense who just lost all of their "player leaders" . Im just saying it would be unwise to write the browns off, simply because "they are still the browns"

Never wrote them off. But I’m also not crowning them either. They have probably the most talented squad in the league right now. Which will only serve to magnify any struggles they do have. No team is granted the crown, they have to take it. And as it stands, we’re still the AFC Kings of the North. Either that makes us ready for Snow or we’re approaching our red wedding.

There is no need to crown the Browns anything, and I haven't seen anyone do this.

But it is fair to recognize, that beyond having an already strong roster and a new QB who looked really really good, the Browns have only added playmakers and invested while the 3 other teams in the division haven't spend a dime in free agency/only extended current players on their roster.

Thus it is fair to point towards Cleveland as being an AFCN favorite but with something to prove.

3 minutes ago, Danand said:

There is no need to crown the Browns anything, and I haven't seen anyone do this.

But it is fair to recognize, that beyond having an already strong roster and a new QB who looked really really good, the Browns have only added playmakers and invested while the 3 other teams in the division haven't spend a dime in free agency/only extended current players on their roster.

Thus it is fair to point towards Cleveland as being an AFCN favorite but with something to prove.

Perhaps we have two different definitions of crowning a team. The Browns have always had some of the most talented rosters in the league... only when it benefits the fan narrative do they have poor talent.

Now they finally have a compentent QB to guide their talent. That said, what happens when the Browns abandon their rushing attack because they have OBJ, Landry, and Baker throwing? How does that sit with Kareem Hunt (Chubb is a Pro). What happens when either Baker, Hunt, Landry, OBJ, etc find themself in trouble during a win streak. How will the team respond? What happens when they lose and Baker pulls a shenanigan and gets fined by the league?

Their is a lot of talent, but we’ve seen crazy levels of talent from the Bengals never produce to their station because of a lack of coaching discipline. We saw it with our 07’ Ravens team that were talented enough to bounce back to a 13-3 season the following season, but somehow found a way to get their coach fired the season before.

I will acknowledge the Browns have a lot of talent on paper. They did last offseason as well but somehow Browns fans believed they had no talent and their successes were only due to Baker. Their team is for sure stacked, which I’ve stated. But are they my favorite to win the AFC North? Perhaps in other people’s minds. I think as bad as the Steelers offseason has appeared and as complacent as the Ravens offseason has appeared, I can’t help but think their track records lend me to put them right on par with the Browns in who is the favorite to win the AFCN. I see a bloodbath enveloping between the three teams and the team with the most depth will win. And we won’t know how truly deep our squad is until after the second wave of FA and the draft after that. But perhaps I’m overvaluing track record and past indicators for future success.

38 minutes ago, Danand said:

All AFCN teams have something to prove and the Ravens have just many question marks as the browns do. Is our offense sustainable? Will they be more balanced? Will Jackson improve his accuracy?.. Whos going to catch passes?  All yet to be seen... 

Cleveland definitely became more dangerous but how the personalities mix together will definitely be interesting.

Living in NY I definitely have a good sense as to why the Giants traded OBJ. Its really hard to run a team when the coaches allow one superstar to have his own rules, and the rest of the team have another. Especially when the rest of the team looks up to that superstar. 

How do you impose discipline in those situations? It will be particularly hard with a young QB and inexperienced HC. 

• Like 1