Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Our offensive weapons are LOL compared to the Browns haha. Definitely need some pass rushing help.

Like I've said multiple times on this board, I think this will be a mini-rebuilding year where if we hit 500 that'll be a surprise.

I think this is largely true though I disagree about hitting .500 being a surprise, I think we'll be thereabouts the 8-8 to 10-6 range most likely. Lot depends on what other moves we make because we haven't really started yet and seem to be waiting out the 1st wave. But on the whole it does look like we're trying to minimize big commitments this season and maintain maximum flexibility for next offseason when I think we'll go for it and be bigger players in the FA market with $100 million in cap space, albeit with some contracts we have to take care of internally first as a part of that. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

12 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I think this is largely true though I disagree about hitting .500 being a surprise, I think we'll be thereabouts the 8-8 to 10-6 range most likely. Lot depends on what other moves we make because we haven't really started yet and seem to be waiting out the 1st wave. But on the whole it does look like we're trying to minimize big commitments this season and maintain maximum flexibility for next offseason when I think we'll go for it and be bigger players in the FA market with $100 million in cap space, albeit with some contracts we have to take care of internally first as a part of that. 

Man, barring Lamar taking a huge step (with others as well), I just can't see us getting 9/10 wins this year. Hope we do though!

6 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

I just visited Flacco's wiki page and it's now orange. My soul hurts.😭😭

The Flacco era was fun, let's hope the new one has the same highs. 

The league hated and disrespected Joe, and now it's the same for Lamar. Which will make it all the more rewarding when we rip another ring. Never Doubt a Raven.

Activate LJ8. We got work to do.

• Like 1

A common theme I'm noticing is commentators mentioning how much better the Browns' young offensive core will be. Yet, there is no mention of our young players being any better.....

Lamar Jackson, Orlando Brown Jr, Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Gus Edwards. - H20 jokes aside, that's a lot of youth to disregard. 

The Browns young core is flashier, and in some ways better, hence why they get mentioned by the media.  Its also a much bigger story for the Browns to actually be good considering how bad they have been (and for so long), whereas the Ravens being good is less of a story given that they've actually won a SB and made the play-offs last season.

But none of that means that the team as a whole will be better

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drd23 said:

The Browns young core is flashier, and in some ways better, hence why they get mentioned by the media.  Its also a much bigger story for the Browns to actually be good considering how bad they have been (and for so long), whereas the Ravens being good is less of a story given that they've actually won a SB and made the play-offs last season.

But none of that means that the team as a whole will be better

I don't think there's any area where the Browns' offense isn't better than us.

QB is better (let's be honest here)

RB is better even without Kareem Hunt

WR's are MUCH better

TE's are still probably better

They're definitely better on paper, but as usual it doesn't mean jack having the better team on paper, it's about how you play as a unit on the actual field and I don't think for a second this Browns team will respond well to adversity with the personalities they have.

• Like 2