Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

18 hours ago, warrenblue said:

What pisses me off in that draft is that the Ravens truly screwed up in the 2nd and in the 3rd round with high picks.

100% true.

However, they absolutely CRUSHED day 3 of the draft. It has to be the best day 3 ever in terms of quantity of relevant players.

Tavon Young

Chris Moore

Alex Lewis

Willie Henry

Kenneth Dixon

Matthew Judon

Maurice Canady

With only one totally irrelevant pick in Keenan Reynolds. Not that any of those other guys are stars, but to have SEVEN day 3 players all very likely to make the team 4 years in is outstanding.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

The MMQB is and always has been a joke w/r/t serious football analysis.

Agreed. Unfortunately it's very much in line with the majority of takes on us as a team though.

The general consensus seems to be that 1. Lamar Jackson is now figured out, and is not capable of taking steps forward as a passer. 2. We can't overcome the loss of starters we experienced on Defense. 3. The Browns and Steelers are in a two way battle for tops in the division.

I sure hope come regular season the betting lines reflect all these trash takes. We'll all be able to make some easy money. 

• Like 1

Two Ravens that got in trouble this past year, were Marlon Humphrey & Alex Collins. Now if I gave everyone 10 guesses. I don't think anyone would've pegged them as candidates for off field issues. Marlon comes from a blue chip family and seems like a together & great kid. Collins came off great in interviews, spent off season time in Ireland filming fun videos showcasing his dedication to dance etc etc. 

Now coming from a great family and appearing to have an atypical personality to those who do typically fall into off field issues. Certainly doesn't exclude one from those issues. Especially so far as young men are concerned. Frankly, a regrettable drunken incident or having a car with some pot and a gun in it- is fairly routine for young men of all types in America. So there's really nothing all that shocking there.

Here's what is really shocking/weird though,

Alex Collins was arrested on March 1st, 2019 for narcotics and gun charges in Owings Mills, Maryland, stemming from a vehicular incident with someone named Tykheem Jaquon “TJ” Deundrea Dunaway in the car.

Now get this,

In September of 2016 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama....... Tim Williams was arrested on gun charges, marijuana was also found in the car- belonging to one Tykheem Jaquon “TJ” Deundrea Dunaway who was also in the car. 

The similarities of the situations are striking. What's going on though, isn't hard to deduce. Clearly our large contingency of Bama players has made Maryland a more appealing travel destination for old friends of those players. I doubt Williams is the only one of them close to this "TJ" character. It even looks like the guy, has at least temporarily, set up residence in the state too. 

Now, as I said. What we're talking about here is fairly minor stuff. This TJ guy isn't a criminal mastermind/evil, but he's also clearly not a shining example of the "ideal" friend you want around a pro football player. It isn't a stretch to say that this information frames the Tim Williams benching saga a little better too.

Overall though, I think this is a good thing.

1. No one got hurt. The car accident didn't harm anyone, innocent or otherwise.

2. It's a strong example for Tim and all our players.  Collins was a budding star on the team at one point, and now look at him. He's talented enough to find his way back to the league after dealing with the legal drama, and certainly he could become a mainstay in the XFL- but I'm sure this isn't how he saw it going.

This offseason, the players saw you can go the way of Collins. F up and find your career in jeopardy. Or you can go the way of Mosley/ZDS. Keep your head on straight, work hard, and flash on the field. And you'll find yourself getting paid. Either by us or another club.

Hopefully that sinks in and our young players come away better for it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Two Ravens that got in trouble this past year, were Marlon Humphrey & Alex Collins. Now if I gave everyone 10 guesses. I don't think anyone would've pegged them as candidates for off field issues. Marlon comes from a blue chip family and seems like a together & great kid. Collins came off great in interviews, spent off season time in Ireland filming fun videos showcasing his dedication to dance etc etc. 

Now coming from a great family and appearing to have an atypical personality to those who do typically fall into off field issues. Certainly doesn't exclude one from those issues. Especially so far as young men are concerned. Frankly, a regrettable drunken incident or having a car with some pot and a gun in it- is fairly routine for young men of all types in America. So there's really nothing all that shocking there.

Here's what is really shocking/weird though,

Alex Collins was arrested on March 1st, 2019 for narcotics and gun charges in Owings Mills, Maryland, stemming from a vehicular incident with someone named Tykheem Jaquon “TJ” Deundrea Dunaway in the car.

Now get this,

In September of 2016 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama....... Tim Williams was arrested on gun charges, marijuana was also found in the car- belonging to one Tykheem Jaquon “TJ” Deundrea Dunaway who was also in the car. 

The similarities of the situations are striking. What's going on though, isn't hard to deduce. Clearly our large contingency of Bama players has made Maryland a more appealing travel destination for old friends of those players. I doubt Williams is the only one of them close to this "TJ" character. It even looks like the guy, has at least temporarily, set up residence in the state too. 

Now, as I said. What we're talking about here is fairly minor stuff. This TJ guy isn't a criminal mastermind/evil, but he's also clearly not a shining example of the "ideal" friend you want around a pro football player. It isn't a stretch to say that this information frames the Tim Williams benching saga a little better too.

Overall though, I think this is a good thing.

1. No one got hurt. The car accident didn't harm anyone, innocent or otherwise.

2. It's a strong example for Tim and all our players.  Collins was a budding star on the team at one point, and now look at him. He's talented enough to find his way back to the league after dealing with the legal drama, and certainly he could become a mainstay in the XFL- but I'm sure this isn't how he saw it going.

This offseason, the players saw you can go the way of Collins. F up and find your career in jeopardy. Or you can go the way of Mosley/ZDS. Keep your head on straight, work hard, and flash on the field. And you'll find yourself getting paid. Either by us or another club.

Hopefully that sinks in and our young players come away better for it.

Really good post.

• 2 weeks later...