Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

NFL site's All-Under 25 Team-  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032132/article/patrick-mahomes-joey-bosa-headline-nfl-allunder25-team

Orlando makes the list, but Marlon doesn't........

Offensive tackles: Braden Smith, Indianapolis Colts (23 as of Sept. 5) and Orlando Brown Jr., Baltimore Ravens (23 as of Sept. 5). After dominating at Auburn as a road-grading guard, the versatile Smith finished his rookie season as PFF's 18th-ranked tackle. Colts general manager Chris Ballard told reporters Smith would be given this offseason to stay and grow at right tackle -- that's good enough for me. Across from Smith, we've got Baltimore's Orlando Brown Jr., who needs polish as a run-blocker but gives our squad a wild-bodied 6-foot-8, 345-pound protector up front. Age prohibited us from nabbing Ryan Ramczyk (25), Laremy Tunsil, Mike McGlinchey, Jack Conklin, Taylor Moton (all turning 25 in August), Ronnie Stanley (25), George Fant (26) or Taylor Decker (25).

Cornerback: Jalen Ramsey, Jacksonville Jaguars (24 as of Sept. 5). Ramsey struggled at times inside a Jacksonville defense held hostage by a confused and wandering offense. None of that stops me from siding with a player who reimagined the position in 2017. One memory sticks: Watching Ramsey, as a rookie, comprehensively maul people during otherwise invisible All-22 special teams snaps. Ramsey brings innate nastiness to the role to go with next-level precision and dedication to the game.

Cornerback: Marshon Lattimore, New Orleans Saints (23 as of Sept. 5). The New Orleans corner fell off a tad from his wondrous Defensive Rookie of the Year campaign in 2017, but Lattimore's dance card featured bouts with Odell Beckham, Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Alshon Jeffery and Calvin Ridley inside a Saints secondary that took time to figure itself out. Tre'Davious White (24)Denzel Ward (22) and Desmond King II (24) hover beside Lattimore as some of the game's brightest young corners.

22 year old Marlon not making even the honorable mentions, is as Raven-ey as it gets. Fine by me too. We've always been the monster beneath the surface, and that makes it all the more rewarding when we emerge to take our throne in the end. This team is primed.

Kind of weird that Marlon isn't on there though. Like, how the hell did they miss him but they got George freaking Fant?!

If we would have to put together a roster without having to calculate with injuries, what would that roster look like, and what would be your preferred lineup?

I tried to put together a roster, and I ended up with noticeable roster cuts as Alex Lewis, Greg Senat (maybe IR again) Maurice Canady, Bennet Jackson, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Cyrus Jones, Gerald Willis, Patrick Ricard, Shane Ray, Seth Roberts.

Of those I would mostly like to change McSorley with Canady or Senat, but I believe the health of Lamar Jackson and McSorley as a utility piece and possible special teamer gives him an edge.

Alex Lewis numerous injuries would cost him, Senat could still be very much of a project, Canady has an injury history also, Bennet Jackson and Jean-Baptiste just victims of numbers, Cyrus Jones primarily offers return value, Willis and Ricard doesn’t offer enough upside, Shane Ray isn’t cut until we are certain the young talent we have can’t perform, and Seth Roberts blocking ability and overall talent isn’t enough to cut young promising receivers in Scott and Lasley.

Other than that I kept Eluemunor as it seems they figured out that he should be a backup tackle last year, and I chose to give the young and drafted receivers the nod against the free agents. Levine is listed as a linebacker, as he is essentially the dime and he is still so good on special teams, that I can’t see any good reason to part ways with him just to keep a player like Canady.

Bethel is still an odd addition, and while cutting him early could bring back a high round comp pick, I think he makes the initial cut as a pure special teamer.

QB: Lamar Jackson, RGIII, McSorley (3)

OL: Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Powers, Bozeman, Eluemunor (8)

TE: Boyle, Andrews, Hurst (3)

RB: Edwards, Ingram, Hill, Dixon (4)

WR: Snead, Moore, Brown, Boykin, Lasley, Scott (6)

NT: Pierce, Williams, Mack (3)

DT: Wormley, Sieler, Henry, (3)

OLB: Judon, Bowser, Williams, McPhee, Ferguson (5)

ILB: Young, Onwuasor, Board, Levine (4)

S: Thomas, Jefferson, Elliot, Clark (4)

CB: Smith, Humphrey, Carr, Young, Averett, Marshall, Bethel (7)

Koch, Tucker, Cox

26 minutes ago, Danand said:

If we would have to put together a roster without having to calculate with injuries, what would that roster look like, and what would be your preferred lineup?

I tried to put together a roster, and I ended up with noticeable roster cuts as Alex Lewis, Greg Senat (maybe IR again) Maurice Canady, Bennet Jackson, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Cyrus Jones, Gerald Willis, Patrick Ricard, Shane Ray, Seth Roberts.

Of those I would mostly like to change McSorley with Canady or Senat, but I believe the health of Lamar Jackson and McSorley as a utility piece and possible special teamer gives him an edge.

Alex Lewis numerous injuries would cost him, Senat could still be very much of a project, Canady has an injury history also, Bennet Jackson and Jean-Baptiste just victims of numbers, Cyrus Jones primarily offers return value, Willis and Ricard doesn’t offer enough upside, Shane Ray isn’t cut until we are certain the young talent we have can’t perform, and Seth Roberts blocking ability and overall talent isn’t enough to cut young promising receivers in Scott and Lasley.

Other than that I kept Eluemunor as it seems they figured out that he should be a backup tackle last year, and I chose to give the young and drafted receivers the nod against the free agents. Levine is listed as a linebacker, as he is essentially the dime and he is still so good on special teams, that I can’t see any good reason to part ways with him just to keep a player like Canady.

Bethel is still an odd addition, and while cutting him early could bring back a high round comp pick, I think he makes the initial cut as a pure special teamer.

QB: Lamar Jackson, RGIII, McSorley (3)

OL: Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Powers, Bozeman, Eluemunor (8)

TE: Boyle, Andrews, Hurst (3)

RB: Edwards, Ingram, Hill, Dixon (4)

WR: Snead, Moore, Brown, Boykin, Lasley, Scott (6)

NT: Pierce, Williams, Mack (3)

DT: Wormley, Sieler, Henry, (3)

OLB: Judon, Bowser, Williams, McPhee, Ferguson (5)

ILB: Young, Onwuasor, Board, Levine (4)

S: Thomas, Jefferson, Elliot, Clark (4)

CB: Smith, Humphrey, Carr, Young, Averett, Marshall, Bethel (7)

Koch, Tucker, Cox

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/19141-predict-the-week-1-roster/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Hakeem Butler over those guys? I guess I just disagree a lot with that take. 

Its not exactly a "take" if its just ADP data.  And I'm pretty sure the reason is that its a hangover from the pre-draft consensus on where he was ranked cf the other two mentioned.

I'm part way through a slow online rookie draft in one of my dynasty leagues and had the same choice in the second round, and ended up choosing JJAW, but it wasn't an easy decision

23 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Its not exactly a "take" if its just ADP data.  And I'm pretty sure the reason is that its a hangover from the pre-draft consensus on where he was ranked cf the other two mentioned.

I'm part way through a slow online rookie draft in one of my dynasty leagues and had the same choice in the second round, and ended up choosing JJAW, but it wasn't an easy decision

I think JJAW is a much more reliable option in fantasy. He is in a better situation, fits his role perfectly with the Eagles and doesn't have to fight David Johnson, Larry F, Andy Isabella and Christian Kirk for targets. In 1 year he should be the direct Heir to Alshon Jeffery as their big bodied WR and red zone target WR.

3 hours ago, Danand said:

I think JJAW is a much more reliable option in fantasy.

Which is why I chose him in the end.  Butler's probably got the higher ceiling if Kyler works out though (as the other competition for targets are mostly slot guys)