Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

8 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

The only thing I had seen was the Leeroy the Dog account (PFTCommenter), which is a joke/unsubstantiated rumor account.

Yea, we should probably hold off until we get a stronger source. If it is real, based on the trades we've already seen this season, I don't think we need to be that concerned. DeCosta seems to have a good eye for value. He's also taken a "Never Again" approach to our situation at CB, so I'm not worried about him neglecting the importance of the position. I mean there's a reason he rushed to get Tavon Young locked up.

If Jimmy Smith can play a role in getting us an elite player like Ngakue or Ramsey etc etc. I'm all for it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

The only thing I had seen was the Leeroy the Dog account (PFTCommenter), which is a joke/unsubstantiated rumor account.

yup same. unfortunately leeroy has gotten some things right but for the most part he's been a bad dog who's just addicted to breaking news. no boops.

24 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

yup same. unfortunately leeroy has gotten some things right but for the most part he's been a bad dog who's just addicted to breaking news. no boops.

yeah it's really unfortunate that Adam Schefter helped "legitimize" that account.

As for the trade itself, I see no value in trading Jimmy Smith right now especially with nobody really ready to step up and take Carr's spot once we inevitably cut him in a year or two. That changes depending on what teams would offer for Jimmy, but unless it's a 3rd round pick I wouldn't bother. Jimmy provides too much value to this team at a position of importance and premium to trade him for "peanuts" just so we can gain some capital before it's too late.

Also, I can't help but find it ironic that the Ravens subreddit celebrated Vedvik being traded for a 5th as legendary, but then turn around and seriously project we'd trade Jimmy for a CONDITIONAL 5th

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yeah it's really unfortunate that Adam Schefter helped "legitimize" that account.

As for the trade itself, I see no value in trading Jimmy Smith right now especially with nobody really ready to step up and take Carr's spot once we inevitably cut him in a year or two. That changes depending on what teams would offer for Jimmy, but unless it's a 3rd round pick I wouldn't bother. Jimmy provides too much value to this team at a position of importance and premium to trade him for "peanuts" just so we can gain some capital before it's too late.

Also, I can't help but find it ironic that the Ravens subreddit celebrated Vedvik being traded for a 5th as legendary, but then turn around and seriously project we'd trade Jimmy for a CONDITIONAL 5th

Yea, I also think the high likelihood of Jimmy bringing back a comp pick should he finish out his contract and hit FA makes this unlikely.  Yes, we would gain cap space that can roll to next year, but I think we are in a position to win the division this year, so I would gladly trade the cap space for a high level starting-caliber corner.

• Like 2

Understand that Suggs wanted to play in Arizona for personal reasons, but you have to think he could end up mightily questioning the decision. That team isn't going to do anything this year. His mystique as a "1 Club" player is hurt. We could end up winning the SB, and he won't be a part of it. And the quality of organization and player personality over there just isn't the same. I don't think Murray understands how he comes off. He's dopey. Still, you'd never catch a quote like this off Lamar. As a player and person, we got a good one in Jackson. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Understand that Suggs wanted to play in Arizona for personal reasons, but you have to think he could end up mightily questioning the decision. That team isn't going to do anything this year. His mystique as a "1 Club" player is hurt. We could end up winning the SB, and he won't be a part of it. And the quality of organization and player personality over there just isn't the same. I don't think Murray understands how he comes off. He's dopey. Still, you'd never catch a quote like this off Lamar. As a player and person, we got a good one in Jackson. 

Sounds like a young RG3 if you ask me.

• Like 2

Ken McKusick alongside Michael Crawford are some of my go-to-guys when it comes to Ravens analysis and discussions. They can be found on Spotify now and is a great listen every time

Edited by Danand
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This quote is a really bad look for Kyler Murray. Wow.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone catch Dean Pees playing the piano on SNF? My god, someone should put that audio to a highlight of our 11 Sacks against the Titans last year. That moron talking the game and his defense up, and then watching our defense(Led by Wink) set records- was by far one of the best moments of our 2018 season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Too late.  Because Webby has to change them manually, he sets out a few weeks in July (when the forum is at its quietest) to allow posters to change their names, and that has obviously passed for this year

Dang. I really wanted to see him make the switch to '30SecondsToLamars' for the 2019 Season. Oh well, I guess there's next year.

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Dang. I really wanted to see him make the switch to '30SecondsToLamars' for the 2019 Season. Oh well, I guess there's next year.

My fantasy football team names have all officially updated to "Dude, Where's Lamar?!"

The only thing I have left to do is get a PFP of Lamar photoshopped over Ashton Kutcher

• Like 1