Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Quote from an Athletic article about Lamar that I wish most experts/people would understand.

"You watch Lamar Jackson, he has a strong arm, he throws some good passes. The reads generally are there. It’s just the consistency, it’s cutting out the bad balls, the balls that he just seems to lose. If he can do some of that, I think it’ll be a big improvement. Just like every fifth pass, there’s a guy open and he misses him."

17 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Quote from an Athletic article about Lamar that I wish most experts/people would understand.

"You watch Lamar Jackson, he has a strong arm, he throws some good passes. The reads generally are there. It’s just the consistency, it’s cutting out the bad balls, the balls that he just seems to lose. If he can do some of that, I think it’ll be a big improvement. Just like every fifth pass, there’s a guy open and he misses him."

What many many many experts and media pundits and fans can comprehend is, that Lamar isn't a QB who struggles mightily with accuracy. What he does struggle with is, that when his passes are off, they are WAY off. I believe this is what makes many believe, that he is a very inaccurate passer.

Josh Allen sort of has/had the same issue. Both can sometimes have an easy throw that are just way off of target or thrown directly into the ground or it sails away from them. Now,  Josh Allen was better at throwing deep and outside the numbers/took more chances on those throws, while Lamar did a great job hitting the intermediate routes and crosses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

When a player of Mack's caliber is on the block again, please tell me we're all on board for trading for them. That's all 

I’m not. Two first round picks? That could potentially be a Marlon Humphrey and Lamar Jackson. And if both players are as good as I think they will be... it wouldn’t be worth it.

Our front office is pretty good at identifying defensive stars, so I’ll trust their ability to find a defensive stud than to trade away such a valuable asset for two years straight. Maybe if we could trade away a quality player (like CJ Mosley) and a 1st would I consider it.

8 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m not. Two first round picks? That could potentially be a Marlon Humphrey and Lamar Jackson. And if both players are as good as I think they will be... it wouldn’t be worth it.

Our front office is pretty good at identifying defensive stars, so I’ll trust their ability to find a defensive stud than to trade away such a valuable asset for two years straight. Maybe if we could trade away a quality player (like CJ Mosley) and a 1st would I consider it.

Or it could be Matt Elam and Breshad Perriman. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bushes or whatever that quote is. I'm talking about a HoF talent for two first rounders. I'm taking that every single time.

Edited by M.10.E

21 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Or it could be Matt Elam and Breshad Perriman. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bushes or whatever that quote is. I'm talking about a HoF talent for two first rounders. I'm taking that every single time.

That was the worst stretch we had in draft history and that was after we loss a lot of front office talent and scouts to go along with it. Our unit has recently produced very well.

Also Matt Elam wasn’t just talent bust, there was something certainly not right about him mentally. Working at foot locker in the offseason vs perfecting his craft was probably the most prominent example. He’s now in prison too.

But look at our first rounders historically and I’ll take that list to the bank. Especially considering first round picks means 4 years of low contract dollars for stud play.

I know I should probably wait at least till we play our first game to say this because Lamar could end up stinking up the joint, but one thing that amazes me is how much Mitch Trubisky escapes the whole "lol hE's a rUnNiNgBaCk" jokes. He has better raw arm talent than Lamar but throws like a shotputter and tends to duck and get into running mode quicker than Lamar does in actual passing situations, seemingly always running as soon as he decides his 1st read isn't there. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 2