Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm getting way more annoyed than I should be with all the twitter trolls and Lamar haters. Record points, matches record TD's. Perfect QB rating, other record breaking stats, still not one ounce of love. Just last week he was a RB who couldn't throw... 

Staying off twitter for a while 😂

Every QB is going to put up 5TDs against the Dolphins though...

People have their mind made up, ain't nothing we can do. As long as we rack up wins it won't matter.

Edited by M.10.E

11 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Every QB is going to put up 5TDs against the Dolphins though...

People have their mind made up, ain't nothing we can do. As long as we rack up wins it won't matter.

One bad game "He's done, the NFL has figured him out"

Comes back the next year in the first game and dominates "Ehhh it was against Miami let's wait and see..."

People will just keep moving the goal posts until he has another "bad" game and then go "AHA SEE HE STILL SUCKS!"

On the opposite side Flacco has looked like Flacco. Was hoping he would play better. As it stands, there are some throws that he isn’t hitting that he should be hitting. His accuracy on some of his throws could be a bit better.

Honestly, not to insult him because he’s still the greatest Ravens QB and has a SB ring and an all time great playoff run. But I can’t say I’ve ever seen (regular season) Flacco’s mechanics and ability to read defenses as good as I saw from Lamar yesterday.

So I’m equally happy for us now, but disappointed as Flacco has some great tools. Kind of surreal watching him and seeing what everyone else was able to see without the purple visors.

Edit: Though I at least feel bad for Flacco as his team isn’t doing him any great favors.

Edited by diamondbull424

I'm so happy we're out of the Flacco nightmare. All of the excuses for his player for YEARS. I'm just so happy that's over. Denver's offense was pathetic and boring, which is basically what our offense was for 8 years under Flacco sans 2014 and maybe like 2010.

On the flip side, yeah Darren Waller's story is amazing and I'm so happy he's finally putting it together. Flipping a deep threat WR to a legitimate TE weapon is brilliant. He's too fast for any LB or Safety and obviously too big for any CB.

10 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Darren Waller is looking like a true stud. Would’ve loved to have Waller/Andrews as our TE duo. Hurst hasn’t looked bad, but I wouldn’t be surprise if Waller is younger than Hurst.

Darren Charles Waller (born September 13, 1992)

Hayden Randle Hurst (born August 24, 1993)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danand said:

Darren Charles Waller (born September 13, 1992)

Hayden Randle Hurst (born August 24, 1993)

Even still, Waller looked more explosive and athletic and thus better against man coverage.

Hurst is a very solid TE, nice blocker, nice hands, hard worker; but, and I suppose it’s because he hasn’t played as much football as some, but he needs to work on his ability to manipulate the defense when they run zone coverage, which is where Andrews is particularly effective as a deep threat... he just finds a way to get lost.

That and catching the ball at its highest point, but if Hurst can at least get down the zone busting concept down by the end of this season, our offense will be next level dangerous. As Hollywood, Snead, and Andrews are all elite zone busters. Boykin and Moore are good zone buster as well. If Hurst could also do it, there’s almost no way to stop Lamar Jackson as you have to respect him as a runner and zone coverage is the best way to do that.

Hurst might be excused by Andrews being such a man (and having great chemistry with Lamar). There are only so many passes to go around, that Hurst will get lost now Andrews is the favorite target. Obviously Andrews is just the plain better pass catcher and by the looks of it moves up in the tier behind Kelce, Ertz and Kittle.

Of Waller, Andrews and Hurst, I have no doubt that Waller is the overall better athlete and the fastest of the three.

8 minutes ago, Danand said:

Hurst might be excused by Andrews being such a man (and having great chemistry with Lamar). There are only so many passes to go around, that Hurst will get lost now Andrews is the favorite target. Obviously Andrews is just the plain better pass catcher and by the looks of it moves up in the tier behind Kelce, Ertz and Kittle.

Of Waller, Andrews and Hurst, I have no doubt that Waller is the overall better athlete and the fastest of the three.

And he should lol he was a deep threat WR in college!

1 hour ago, Danand said:

I can’t argue this too much. Still think Ertz is in a tier below Kelce/Kittle. 

Regarding Andrews in comparison to this, I think by the end of the year the list will be Kelce/Kittle/Hockenson and then below that Ertz/Andrews/etc. in the same category. At least from what I’ve seen he appears to be a better blocker at this point. Just has to prove the necessary receiving chops and clutch ability.

But I can see how that could be a controversial take.