Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

If EDC could pull this off, he should be given Executive of the Year IMMEDIATELY! And I mean as soon as the trade is confirmed.

I am willing to sacrifice a 1st for a young hass. But I don't think it will happen because EDC was pissy about not having a 2nd in April.

Yep. When has this organization ever given up significant draft capital for someone? When they gave up a 3rd and 4th for Boldin?? That's the most I can recall they've ever given a team.

Furthermore, he's a very outspoken player which doesn't really fly with Harbaugh as we all know.

Fun to think about and I'd love to be wrong.

1 hour ago, RavensfanRD said:

I am willing to sacrifice a 1st for a young hass. But I don't think it will happen because EDC was pissy about not having a 2nd in April.

Yeah this. 

EDC is a self-described pick w**** so I don't see him giving up so much draft capital for an established player regardless of how fun it would be or how much it makes sense to us fans

57 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Yeah this. 

EDC is a self-described pick w**** so I don't see him giving up so much draft capital for an established player regardless of how fun it would be or how much it makes sense to us fans

Here's the issue I feel. So we trade for Ramsey and give him his mega deal. Marlon is in line for a Mega deal as well? 

16 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Here's the issue I feel. So we trade for Ramsey and give him his mega deal. Marlon is in line for a Mega deal as well? 

Paying 2 Top Five CBs isn't an issue, it's a blessing for the club. Foundation players that will prop us up for a long long time. 

I feel like I called Minkah to the Steelers in one of the threads... because of Tomlin “catering” to players. He’ll fit right in on the Steelers.

The only difference is I’m not ecstatic like everyone else here. Scouting Minkah, I know very well how dominant a player he can be. The Dolphins were misutilizing his talents. If used as a cover 1 he’s going to be another Malik Hooker. Wish the Dolphins would’ve sent him to Seattle.

In terms of Jalen Ramsay, I’m usually not down for giving up the picks for a player. But after having done some early work on this draft class, count me in. I’m not particularly happy with the level of talent in the first round as legit 1st round talent. A cornerback is very likely to be the best pick we can make in the draft anyway and I’m not even the biggest fan of the available corners outside of maybe Fulton from LSU. So I’d easily pay that and a conditional 2nd/3rd (following season) for Ramsay. It would be contingent upon number of games played it it’s a 2nd or 3rd.

Then I would pay Ramsay but pay him a lower amount of guaranteed cash. Then pay Marlon the same but give him more guaranteed cash.