Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

I don't have a twitter so I don't know, but is there a way to check follower growth statistics?  Cause it seems like in the past couple months the Ravens' twitter has near doubled in size. Last time I looked I thought it said something like 700-800k followers, and now they're at 1.5 Mill. Pretty significant if that's the case, but I could just be mixing numbers up.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I don't have a twitter so I don't know, but is there a way to check follower growth statistics?  Cause it seems like in the past couple months the Ravens' twitter has near doubled in size. Last time I looked I thought it said something like 700-800k followers, and now they're at 1.5 Mill. Pretty significant if that's the case, but I could just be mixing numbers up.

I remember them saying they just reached 1M followers like a couple months ago or something like that IIRC so yeah that would be a pretty significant recent jump if that's the case.

I might be thinking of their Instagram tho.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Did a quick google search and it seems there is but they are paid services

Oh okay. I wonder why that information would be so valuable? Maybe for companies tracking who's gaining a major online following or something. Yea I'm just going to assume that Lamar's endless streak of viral highlights and our rise on the national scene has facilitated some big time growth on social media.

10 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

That's my coach & QB! 

What’s so great as well is Harbaugh says “start with one” when referring to getting that Super Bowl. I like that, you can already see that for both of them one SB win isn’t something they’ll be content with. Hopefully they can turn that motivation into reality.

I didn’t want to incite a massive argument so I figure posting this in this forum might be best. But after watching the 9ers defense, I see it as pretty leaky. They’re linebackers are worse than the Patriots IMO and I think we can expose that. Their secondary has Sherman who is still a beast, but I don’t see anyone there that can keep up with Hollywood 1v1.

Then I look at the fact that Wilson is a mobile QB and they didn’t care to account for those rush lanes. I saw so much wide open space for Wilson to run on many plays as well. Obviously the gameplan would be different against Lamar, but if they give Lamar some of those creases they gave Wilson, there’s no way our rushing attack doesn’t torch them.

Honestly I know many have them as the best defense in football, but honestly I think top to bottom I’m more impressed by the Patriots. I think the 9ers defense is very reliant upon that top notch DL to cause havoc, but either they’ll need to be a lot more disciplined in their rush lanes and less aggressive going upfield... or I think that might be another 100 yard rushing opportunity for Lamar. And with it three games down the road, I wouldn’t be totally shocked it that’s the game he breaks Vick’s record. Texans defense is without Watt and Clowney is gone, so it stands to reason he could find some space to let loose in both phases. The Rams probably contain Lamar due to Aaron Donald, but as we saw with the Bengals all it takes are a few big runs. And if he’s close enough to the record I could see the 49ers being a game Lamar goes off in and gets it. Potentially another three 100 rushing yard games this season.

• Like 1

NEED this Texans game this weekend for the bye hopes. Huge game.

Also, eff all those people in Gen. We had to listen to everyone talk crap about Lamar all off-season and some of them get a little butt hurt when we stick up for our team.

Also x2, slightly upset we didn't give up a 3rd for Clowney.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I've never seen a saltier group of people in denial than the people who still insist Lamar is not an MVP candidate. I'm just at a complete loss of words what they want to see from him to even be considered at this point.

They're just insecure people who can't admit they were wrong about him.

Looking at the situation the Rams are in now where they have basically zero flexibility to address the holes that have emerged on that offense makes me grateful for the restraint/vision EDC and Ozzie before him showed in terms of accumulating assets. It would have been awesome to get Ramsey in Baltimore but getting Peters for peanuts and keeping our 2020 and 2021 1st rounders was an absolute masterstroke. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Looking at the situation the Rams are in now where they have basically zero flexibility to address the holes that have emerged on that offense makes me grateful for the restraint/vision EDC and Ozzie before him showed in terms of accumulating assets. It would have been awesome to get Ramsey in Baltimore but getting Peters for peanuts and keeping our 2020 and 2021 1st rounders was an absolute masterstroke. 

Very excited to see what they do this offseason (besides the Stanley extension).

I'm sure some Ravens' brass are secretly happy with this. We all know he was close to the team, and in particular to our Broward County boys. Not the best influence in the world. Don't think he was in anyway capable of 'corrupting' our guys, but he was capable of fostering non ideal 'situations' that we don't want our players in proximity to. Bow up little Kodak, your 4 year prison bid in Florida will have it's share of adventure.