Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm sure some Ravens' brass are secretly happy with this. We all know he was close to the team, and in particular to our Broward County boys. Not the best influence in the world. Don't think he was in anyway capable of 'corrupting' our guys, but he was capable of fostering non ideal 'situations' that we don't want our players in proximity to. Bow up little Kodak, your 4 year prison bid in Florida will have it's share of adventure.

All it takes is Lamar being with him in a bad situation. 

I'm not "happy" the guy is going to jail but I'm definitely one of those fans that think it lessens the chance of off field issues for Lamar dramatically. 

• Like 1

Obviously a lot to go to get there but re: a potential playoff rematch with the Pats, might be worth paying a little extra attention to the Pats/Eagles game this weekend. I would expect the Eagles to run lots of 2 TE sets with Ertz and Goedert and try and and mimic things we were able to do against them in playing horizontally rather than vertically. Lamar and Wentz are very different players so it's not like it's a perfect comparison, but it's a chance for us to preview some of the adjustments they might make if we see them again. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

We have been fortunate to be healthy at TE this season. I was in favor of keeping Maxx Williams as a special teamer and swiss army knife in our offense as a blocker in the run game and move tight end.

Glad to see he got an extension with the Cardinals, as it never seemed there was issues with his professionalism. He was just so unlucky and unfortunate to get bad injuries early in his career that derived him of his strengths from college.

• Like 1

So obviously at this point we're rooting for the Cheifs and the winner of the AFCS between the Texans and Colts to lose as many games as possible from here on out to try and lock up a first round bye...Chiefs schedule is pretty manageable outside of going to New England, so we still have little room for error in that if we end up tied with the Chiefs record wise, they'd get the bye on the tie breaker.

Only having to win 1 home playoff game to get to an AFC Championship in Lamar's first full year starting would be magical

• Like 1

Want the Chiefs to beat the Pats though. I think Dallas and the Chiefs are the best hope for them to lose two additional games.

Plus I want the Chiefs as the 3 seed and NE as the two seed. Would prefer it if the Pats have to handle the Chiefs while we get either the Texans or the Colts at home. Both teams we have historically had great success against.

I don’t want to have to go through both the Chiefs AND NE. Either or would be how I prefer it. Though I’m sure @DreamKid wants them both, he wants the most difficult path for the SB win. I can almost bet it. 😂

• Like 3