Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

lol Low key Troy is one of the best "bad" movies out there. 

Love that movie and that scene. I know Gladiator was a “better production” with superior acting talent overall, but of the two Troy is my favorite. That scene by itself was absolutely elite. When I first saw it, it was probably just below the Matrix bullet motion in terms of movie reaction. Was unbelievable. Kind of like seeing Lamar when he did the jump spin.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Interesting that Raheem Mostert was on the Ravens back in 2015, he mentioned that he was running so fierce because he wanted to show us what we missed out on having never given him a true look at RB as we only gave him a look as a returner.

Yet all he earned was a fat L for his efforts. Also, the run defense bowed up when we needed them to.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Yet all he earned was a fat L for his efforts. Also, the run defense bowed up when we needed them to.

Meh. It looked like most of that happened when they spelled Mostert for that other RB on that one drive. Either way, even with 3 yard runs no way I’m not handing the ball of the Mostert on 4th and 1.

But hey, absolutely credit to the defense for making those stops and making Shanahan think twice.

I wonder why everyone just assumes that their zone run scheme will be as effective the next time we play them, but they will suddenly shutdown our run because they did better in the second half. Given two weeks to prepare to stop the ZBS, I like our chances to put out a defensive gameplan to do that better than them stopping Lamar as both a runner, passer, and decoy for the run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I wonder why everyone just assumes that their zone run scheme will be as effective the next time we play them, but they will suddenly shutdown our run because they did better in the second half. Given two weeks to prepare to stop the ZBS, I like our chances to put out a defensive gameplan to do that better than them stopping Lamar as both a runner, passer, and decoy for the run.

I don't even think they'll be able to run because there's no way our offense is that limited again. They executed really well on some big runs, but overall I found most of their success on either side of the ball pretty flukey. As you say, I just trust us so much more.

The only real demon hanging out there for us to conquer is the Chiefs. That's the one I want really bad. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't even think they'll be able to run because there's no way our offense is that limited again. They executed really well on some big runs, but overall I found most of their success on either side of the ball pretty flukey. As you say, I just trust us so much more.

The only real demon hanging out there for us to conquer is the Chiefs. That's the one I want really bad. 

Chris Jones terrifies me. Not sure why our interior guys could handle Aaron Donald so handily who gives everyone else fits, but Jones just lives in our backfield. Jones is the reason Donald terrified me. Clearly we should treat him how we treated Donald.

• Like 1

If there is some truth to how the 49'ers handled us, it was the ability to gain yardage on the ground, convert the 3rd and 4th downs and shut down our conversions on offense in the middle of the field.

Depending on how you interpret the various calls from the referees, there are some PI calls that could change the outcome of the game, 1 pass not defened by Fred Warner or a tackle/interception made on the Ravens side could also have changed the games outcome.

I think both the 49’ers and the Ravens could adjust in another matchup. I also can’t see how people think the 49’ers found the blueprint to beat the Ravens. We have seen, that we can be beat on runs to the outside if the play is blocked well, or pass plays can be completed against us in the middle of the field. Doing that consistently hasn’t been done though, so how it is a blueprint, I don’t know.

The same thing on offense. If teams are able to shut down the run with Ingram and Edwards and take away the middle of the field, the Ravens will struggle, but we still have Lamar who has been able to convert and make plays, he has still been able to find Hurst, Snead, Roberts to extend drives in games where our passing game struggled.

We are not unbeatable, and it is not difficult to point out, that we have a few weaknesses on both sides of the ball, but nevertheless we do have enough talent and ability to adjust in games, so it is wrong to say there is a blueprint to stop us.

It would be the same to say, that the blueprint to stop the Patriots in Tom Bradys prime was to win consistently with a 4 man rush against 5-7 in pass blocking and give him 1-2 seconds to throw while shutting down the run.

Because that is the blueprint to win every game.

As well as DMB, the Chiefs is the team I am most concerned with now. Mahomes is just a tier above the rest of QB’s an add his explosive weapons and a defense which is coming together, I see them as the frontrunner to an eventual superp owl appearance.

• Like 1