Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

5 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

In a super wild scenario, I think we could clinch this week, too. Hear me out folks!

Ravens SHOULD be able to clinch HFA IF:

1. Ravens win + NE loss + Chiefs loss

We own the tie breakers over NE and the Bills via H2H. The Texans and the best the Titans or anyone else can finish is 11-5 or 10-6

I look forward to getting my hopes up for Andy Dalton and Drew Lock to beat Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes.

• Like 4

Would bet it was that play BUF got flagged (I think?) on where he got caught low first and then also got taken out high at the end of the play. Looked like it could have been a lot worse in real time. Either that play or the TD throw to Hurst where he took a big hit as he threw. 

For all of the talk about Lamar's running/injury risk it figures that he'd get hurt throwing from the pocket, too. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

For the hometown fans, Is Jimmy's Seafood an iconic Baltimore restaurant or something? I see them associated with the Ravens a lot, and noticed they have over 100k on twitter. Seem to have a pretty strong reputation/following.

I've seen some of their tweets, think they have a pretty nice social media team, which probably has more to do with the follower count than anything. As for the restaurant itself, it is pretty iconic in Baltimore - especially given the affinity for seafood, specially crab in the area. However, I wouldn't personally say it's the best food around, but that's neither here nor there. ^_^

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 1:02 AM, berlin calling said:

i wouldn't want to invest a lot in a guy who's body seemingly is giving in. not to take anything away from him skill-wise but he played 9 games over the last 2 seasons.

True. But to be honest I think he could’ve played this season but he didn’t want to risk his last big money contract for a struggling franchise that was on pace to win 0 games.

It’s probably not the best “teammate” move that he could’ve made, but giving Lamar an elite option such as Green would be a boon. With his size we might also imagine Green could be a solid blocker. I’m sure he might lose loyalty points with the Bengals if he played for the rivals and there might be places with pocket passers where he might see more targets, but if he’s looking to win I'm sure Lamar will get him to at least 1000 yds receiving. And if we transform the offense into more of a Louisville offense than we might be able to get Green and Hollywood both upwards of 1200 yds receiving.

Random fun fact. The book that the Ravens are quoting their motto from, “Nobody Cares, Work Harder.” I interned for the authors sister when I was in college.

She (Jennie) was a manager for the blue man group and her and her close friend (Susan) came together to form a marketing company. Her brother was one of her first clients for the very book that has blown up now. At the time, the book was just being written or had been written but they were pitching it to different companies. It hadn’t yet been published though. I internet back in 2011 and it didn’t get published (according to Amazon) until 2015. Interesting stuff. Might have to shoot her a Facebook message if we win a SB.

• Like 1