Jump to content
drd23

Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

Recommended Posts

On 12/10/2019 at 1:07 PM, DreamKid said:

For the hometown fans, Is Jimmy's Seafood an iconic Baltimore restaurant or something? I see them associated with the Ravens a lot, and noticed they have over 100k on twitter. Seem to have a pretty strong reputation/following.

 

On 12/10/2019 at 1:24 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

I've seen some of their tweets, think they have a pretty nice social media team, which probably has more to do with the follower count than anything. As for the restaurant itself, it is pretty iconic in Baltimore - especially given the affinity for seafood, specially crab in the area. However, I wouldn't personally say it's the best food around, but that's neither here nor there. ^_^

Exactly. One of those tourist spots that everyone talks about in every city/town, but everyone knows the best spots are the hole in the wall places you wouldn’t think to look for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

They gave him a Team of The Week card yesterday with 79(!!!) speed.

However, Madden updated the Ravens today and gave Lamar Jackson the Superstar X Factor trait (only like 20 players total have this) and also added the Heisman formation.

Madden 20 has been a lot better than 19 IMO. It controls much better with the run game. Wish they would take out those Lamar fumbles though... so annoying.

Hoping Hursts speed goes up though. If he gets to like 86 speed, it’s a wrap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I chuckle that people still play Madden. Games been trash for at least a decade. 

#hatetoseeit

Typically I would agree, but Madden 20 has actually felt like a much better game than the last few I’ve played. Only bad thing about it is the server seems to drop more often... which has hurt my record. But in terms of actual play, feels better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wish they would take out those Lamar fumbles though... so annoying.

You aren't alone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah they basically left his carry rating from last year (where he fumbled a lot) and haven't updated it since, even in MUT with all the new cards. I have his best card as my starting QB and it fumbles all the damn time if I take a hit. I almost ALWAYS have to slide or run out of bounds with him because 75% of the time if you get tackled with Lamar, you're fumbling.

EDIT: Actually, to make matters even worse, he has the 6th HIGHEST carry rating among QB's in MUT this year...so basically their system is broken for QB's if the 6th highest QB in carrying is fumbling every time he gets touched.

https://www.muthead.com/20/players/?position=1&show_rating=carrying&sort_by=-carrying

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

even in MUT with all the new cards.

What exactly is MUT and all this card stuff? It seems to be incredibly popular, but I've only ever played Franchise or Superstar mode. Honestly, I hear about 'Cards' and "Pulling' in reference to so many games now. What's all the hype about? I was just excited they announced the RE3 remake lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

What exactly is MUT and all this card stuff? It seems to be incredibly popular, but I've only ever played Franchise or Superstar mode. Honestly, I hear about 'Cards' and "Pulling' in reference to so many games now. What's all the hype about? I was just excited they announced the RE3 remake lol.

Haven't played Madden since the OG Mike Vick version from like 15 years ago but if Ultimate Team is set up for Madden the same way it's set up for FIFA, it's a mode where you build your own team from scratch to play online against other people. It's where EA basically makes all of their money on the game because some people are willing to pay for coins so that they can buy better cards/players for their team. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

What exactly is MUT and all this card stuff? It seems to be incredibly popular, but I've only ever played Franchise or Superstar mode. Honestly, I hear about 'Cards' and "Pulling' in reference to so many games now. What's all the hype about? I was just excited they announced the RE3 remake lol.

MUT is Madden Ultimate Team where you can basically build your own fantasy team. Each player in the game mode is represented by a card. A player can have multiple cards in the game, but you can only start one card per player on your roster.

Basically you acquire cards from packs (which is where people say they "pulled" a player from - a pack) OR by buying them from the Auction House to build your team.

I think it's fun because you can build any type of team you want using any scheme you want. I always try to get as many Ravens as a I can and try to build a running QB offense (and now that Lamar is really good, it's a double whammy for me!). I don't play online against other people, I just play against the CPU and acquire my coins that way. There's a game mode called "Solo Challenges" where you compete against the CPU in a bunch of games to get the highest score, and at the end of the week the players with the highest score accumulated over 13 games are rewarded with A LOT of coins (like, if you get top 10 you can easily get 600,000 coins or more) and packs and stuff. It's much more fun (IMO) than playing against other people or playing in other modes having to use stock teams and being at the mercy of EA's god awful ratings system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Typically I would agree, but Madden 20 has actually felt like a much better game than the last few I’ve played. Only bad thing about it is the server seems to drop more often... which has hurt my record. But in terms of actual play, feels better.

I guess that's a fair assessment. I did play '20 with that 10hr trial with EA Access. It wasn't that bad, you're right, but still isn't close to Madden 2005 and 2006! For the record folks...

Vision Cone was ahead of its time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Haven't played Madden since the OG Mike Vick version from like 15 years ago but if Ultimate Team is set up for Madden the same way it's set up for FIFA, it's a mode where you build your own team from scratch to play online against other people. It's where EA basically makes all of their money on the game because some people are willing to pay for coins so that they can buy better cards/players for their team.

Oh okay. So it's similar to how I edit the teams prior to starting a club career so I can add young stars like Pulisic, de Ligt, etc. Except it's online and EA has added an addictive "Draw" feature + pay for elements, smart (and ghoulish) on their part lol. 

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Basically you acquire cards from packs (which is where people say they "pulled" a player from - a pack) OR by buying them from the Auction House to build your team.

Interesting. This must be an aspect to a ton of games now. Even in non sports games I hear it mentioned, like with that one DBZ mobile game.

18 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think it's fun because you can build any type of team you want using any scheme you want. I always try to get as many Ravens as a I can and try to build a running QB offense (and now that Lamar is really good, it's a double whammy for me!). I don't play online against other people, I just play against the CPU and acquire my coins that way. There's a game mode called "Solo Challenges" where you compete against the CPU in a bunch of games to get the highest score, and at the end of the week the players with the highest score accumulated over 13 games are rewarded with A LOT of coins (like, if you get top 10 you can easily get 600,000 coins or more) and packs and stuff. It's much more fun (IMO) than playing against other people or playing in other modes having to use stock teams and being at the mercy of EA's god awful ratings system.

There's nothing you can draw that isn't accessible through simple player/scheme editing in normal modes though right? So if you aren't playing online, why not just build your own custom team and implement whatever scheme/system you want. That's similar to what I do, except I then also re-edit the entire league so I can play against fun teams or have legends like Ed and Ray back on my squad. There's not custom movement styles or builds for players, it's all just mix and match skins & templates. So I guess I don't necessarily get the desire to labor in trying to acquire better cards/players etc. Sounds like a lot of people have fun with it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

There's nothing you can draw that isn't accessible through simple player/scheme editing in normal modes though right? So if you aren't playing online, why not just build your own custom team and implement whatever scheme/system you want. That's similar to what I do, except I then also re-edit the entire league so I can play against fun teams or have legends like Ed and Ray back on my squad. There's not custom movement styles or builds for players, it's all just mix and match skins & templates. So I guess I don't necessarily get the desire to labor in trying to acquire better cards/players etc. Sounds like a lot of people have fun with it though.

You can either labor in creating those players and editing existing cards and ratings to your liking, or you can labor by playing the game to acquire cards in MUT.

I guess it's personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I guess it's personal preference.

Yup. It's like with Shooters, I personally see zero fun in camping all match only to catch 1 or 2 kills- yet plenty of people love it. To each his own lol. I just hope EA shapes up some point, as DB mentioned Madden 20 has been an improvement but that isn't saying much when the quality has dipped overall so severely. And I'll never forgive them for destroying Battlefront like they did. Can't stand Star Wars, but boy did I love those games back in the day. And EA went and changed it for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Yup. It's like with Shooters, I personally see zero fun in camping all match only to catch 1 or 2 kills- yet plenty of people love it. To each his own lol. I just hope EA shapes up some point, as DB mentioned Madden 20 has been an improvement but that isn't saying much when the quality has dipped overall so severely. And I'll never forgive them for destroying Battlefront like they did. Can't stand Star Wars, but boy did I love those games back in the day. And EA went and changed it for no reason.

The key to camping is finding spots where you can sit and still get 20 kills/match. That's how I've played shooters my entire life as a sniper and still managed to keep my kills/minute and score/minute at levels equivalent to people running around and dying 15 times a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×