Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

52 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It's nonsensical logic that attempts to discredit FOs for check notes* selecting players who outperform their draft position....................

Yea.., I hope that's a recurring criticism of our drafting for years to come :D.

Honestly. If the worst thing you can say about the Ravens and their dynamic with Lamar is "HEy, theiy stil drafTid HeYdin HUrts aheayd oF HIm". Things are going pretty good for us lol. It definitely was an interesting selection, not because of the Lamar dynamic, but because of guys like Andrews, Goedert, Thomas, and even Hurst himself who were all projected to be around in the 2-3 territory. Really seemed like we could've waited, but in the end we came away with the two top TEs from the class imo. 

Hayden is a solid blocker inline, plus blocker in space, has the ability to win all over the field, and just flat out special hands. As Lamar continues to grow as a passer and we move more and more to an open spread passing attack, watch for Hayden & Mark to decimate defenses week in and week out. If there was ever an offense that could produce two 1,000 yards Tight Ends in one season, it will be this one and it will be Hayden and Mark. Who wear #81 and #89 respectively, and both play like the previous owners of those numbers(One of the coolest aspects to this team that flies under the radar).

I wish Boyle took #85

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

The isn't and has never been the clever rebuke some people think it is. It's passive aggressive, agenda driven, and overall valueless commentary. And that's why you never see this logic applied to any other draft selections across the league.

We knew where Lamar's stock was at, how he was valued by the 31 other clubs, and when to pull the trigger on him. That's why we get the reward. We played the board and won. 

The same people who projected and assigned the harshest limitations to Lamar as a Quarterback are acting like us not over drafting him is some sort of indictment on our FO. Nope. We secured the 5th year option and got him on the cheapest deal possible. No cleaner dub exists. Hayden Hurst being a Top 10 Tight End in this league and Mark Andrews a Top 5 Tight End is another shining criticism for them. Yup, clearly the joke is on us. We didn't overdraft our phenom QB high enough and the selection order of the best TE group in the last what? Decade of the NFL is kind of funny. Hardy Har Har. Slobs.

*Note: Sam is from PFF, and triggered because of all the Lamar detracting he's personally done.

I never understood this take. Like, okay the Ravens didn't think any other team would go after him before the 2nd round and were smart enough to gamble. Just because they landed him at the end of the first after a guy they had higher on their draft boards (Hurst) means that the Ravens deserve some sort of criticism or backlash? Are the Ravens supposed to feel bad or something that their gamble paid off? Are the Patriots, 6 Super Bowl rings later, being criticized for passing up on Tom Brady until the 6th round?

Man people are stupid.

• Like 1

I can't believe I have to say this already but mentioning people just to call them out, and personal attacks against other posters is not cool and likely to get you a formal warning or even a temporary forum ban (especially if you do it in other sub-forums where mods are sometimes more strict).

Chill out and enjoy the ride,  You don't want to be banned and miss out on sharing what potentially will be a special couple of months for Ravens fans just because you wanted to score some internet points 

• Like 1

Wow, just saw the Suggs development. You’d have to think that if they released him on a “bad team” no other bad team would want to pick him up.

He would work perfect for us as a depth piece, could let him rest until playoff time where he could surpass that playoff sack record.

Not sure the Steelers would need him nor the Patriots, they already have plenty of front 7 talent. A team like the Jets might be interested in Suggs with the injuries, but they probably also are in scout young players in a losing season mode.

Definitely a strong possibility he makes it through waivers to our way. What other playoff contenders need front 7 help?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wow, just saw the Suggs development. You’d have to think that if they released him on a “bad team” no other bad team would want to pick him up.

He would work perfect for us as a depth piece, could let him rest until playoff time where he could surpass that playoff sack record.

Not sure the Steelers would need him nor the Patriots, they already have plenty of front 7 talent. A team like the Jets might be interested in Suggs with the injuries, but they probably also are in scout young players in a losing season mode.

Definitely a strong possibility he makes it through waivers to our way. What other playoff contenders need front 7 help?

Saints and Seahawks.

John Dorsey would be lousy enough to take him too.

Soo I'm not a Ravens fan (Bucs :|) but I came across a great article when I was trying to explain to some random in the NFL Gen how the Ravens offense worked.  I don't know if it has already been posted so I apologize in advance and I didn't know where to put it so I felt it could go in here.  I thought it was very informative and has a lot of info on what the Ravens/Greg Ro has done with the offense and the different personnel groupings they use compared to the rest of the league and how they exploit match ups.

https://www.baltimoresportsandlife.com/ravens-used-personnel-analytics-create-sustain-incredible-offense/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

I can't believe I have to say this already but mentioning people just to call them out, and personal attacks against other posters is not cool and likely to get you a formal warning or even a temporary forum ban (especially if you do it in other sub-forums where mods are sometimes more strict).

Chill out and enjoy the ride,  You don't want to be banned and miss out on sharing what potentially will be a special couple of months for Ravens fans just because you wanted to score some internet points 

Browns fans have been keen on scoring internet points as well. With the way the have been acting, they brought everything on themselves.

2 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Saints and Seahawks.

John Dorsey would be lousy enough to take him too.

Just looked at a few articles and saw someone mention the Titans, that’s probably what’ll end up happening. With Dean Pees coaching that defense, you’d have to think they’ll put in a claim. Suggs career will probably instead end not in a last ride, but end bitter with the Ravens dismantling a Titans playoff team that makes it into the race over the Steelers.

But you’ve brought up a couple other teams that could grab him that make a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

I'm cool with it. Gum flappers should be called out on the regular

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Well Jaylon Ferguson isn't good and has been thrust into a starting role way beyond his current capabilities. So just on his ability to diagnose plays alone, I think Suggs would get the nod. He knows the defense and is better at every faucet of the position. Still, he would be heavily rotated though.

Yep. I think he’d be a great addition as an Early game edge setter and rotational rusher 

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm cool with it. Gum flappers should be called out on the regular

1 hour ago, Danand said:

Browns fans have been keen on scoring internet points as well. With the way the have been acting, they brought everything on themselves.

Don't be surprised if people get warnings/bans then, especially in Gen.  Webby has made it pretty clear over time that he doesn't want that sort of environment on the forum

• Like 1