Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

Yeah, but there was an interview with him talking about the changes in the FO and he wasn't with it. Like I said, I'm all for him coming back as he never shouldve left, but would this be the case if the Ravens were 5-8  and going nowhere is all I'm asking.

Maybe not. But I still wouldn't call that "bandwagon"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

He should have never left. He said he didn't have confidence in EDC. Didn't like the all the new changes. Now the squad winning and you wanna ride the wave.  I'll happily take Suggs back, but this move smells like bandwagon-ness.

Hmm, I don't remember this.  Would love a link if you have/can find one

Didn't come right out and say he didn't have confidence, but it seem implied.

https://clutchpoints.com/ravens-news-terrell-suggs-now-with-cardinals-explains-why-he-left-baltimore/

@DreamKid @drd23

You want the young kids to build their own legacy right? Now you wanna come back after the fact. It was some audio on 105.7 the fan, but of course I don't know where to grab that at. The way he sounded made me seem it was more than what he's quoted as saying in the link above. But again, I'm all for him returning. Would be a decent upgrade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

You want the young kids to build their own legacy right? Now you wanna come back after the fact.

2019 was a transition year for the franchise, a big one. And there was a major youth movement swing with the 53 as well. I can see all of that, and the prospect of playing for his hometown club being legit believable reasons for a Suggs departure. What I'm with you on though, is 100% that if he saw this kind of year coming- he wouldn't have left. Which is a bad look for him as a legend of this club. At the end of the day, he didn't have a lot/enough of faith in EDC, Lamar, Wink, or Harbaugh. Or in the very least it didn't outweigh his reasons for leaving. Which again, is disappointing. 

It was one of the weirdest personnel circumstances we've ever encountered and I'll never fully understand it. Past all of that though, we could use him as a player. Just as we could've used him earlier in the year when our defense was really struggling. And the sad thing is, I don't see anyway he makes it to us on waivers. So he's gonna reflect on this decision for a long time when the Lombardi is rolling through Baltimore once again. You chose wrong Sizz. You chose wrong. #TheonGreyjoy

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

2019 was a transition year for the franchise, a big one. And there was a major youth movement swing with the 53 as well. I can see all of that, and the prospect of playing for his hometown club being legit believable reasons for a Suggs departure. What I'm with you on though, is 100% that if he saw this kind of year coming- he wouldn't have left. Which is a bad look for him as a legend of this club. At the end of the day, he didn't have a lot/enough of faith in EDC, Lamar, Wink, or Harbaugh. Or in the very least it didn't outweigh his reasons for leaving. Which again, is disappointing. 

It was one of the weirdest personnel circumstances we've ever encountered and I'll never fully understand it. Past all of that though, we could use him as a player. Just as we could've used him earlier in the year when our defense was really struggling. And the sad thing is, I don't see anyway he makes it to us on waivers. So he's gonna reflect on this decision for a long time when the Lombardi is rolling through Baltimore once again. You chose wrong Sizz. You chose wrong. #TheonGreyjoy

Here's the thing, though, if we sign him to a contract anywhere close to what he got for Arizona, then we don't have close to the cap room to bring in Peters. I'm guessing that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. What I mean by that is we probably offered him a contract that wouldn't get him the same amount of money as what Arizona was offering (at least through structure). He was probably torn about leaving Baltimore and had some loyalty to Joe as well as the old guard that he grew up with (with Ozzie as the face of that). If he knew the season would go this way, then I imagine he would have stuck around for a much lower deal, but even the most optimistic of us didn't see this season going THIS well. Ultimately he got one last pay day and we would have been hamstrung with that contract on the books. There's an outside shot he makes it to us for one last hoorah, coincidentally offering a skillset we could really use at this point in the season. I happily welcome him back with open arms if it works.

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Here's the thing, though, if we sign him to a contract anywhere close to what he got for Arizona, then we don't have close to the cap room to bring in Peters. I'm guessing that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. What I mean by that is we probably offered him a contract that wouldn't get him the same amount of money as what Arizona was offering (at least through structure). He was probably torn about leaving Baltimore and had some loyalty to Joe as well as the old guard that he grew up with (with Ozzie as the face of that). If he knew the season would go this way, then I imagine he would have stuck around for a much lower deal, but even the most optimistic of us didn't see this season going THIS well. Ultimately he got one last pay day and we would have been hamstrung with that contract on the books. There's an outside shot he makes it to us for one last hoorah, coincidentally offering a skillset we could really use at this point in the season. I happily welcome him back with open arms if it works.

We offered him more than Arizona, I'm 90% sure. That's why I said what I've said in this thread.

However, I pray he is back with us Monday. And if the Titans really are scumbags and put a claim in on him, I'm glad they won't go to the playoffs, lol

If the Ravens have the no. 1 seed locked up in week 17, who are the 7 players who would be inactive? I would go with elite players and vets, guys who we cannot lose to injury but also really don't need to play to be able to play at a high level in 3 weeks. I'd go

Lamar

Yanda

Stanley

B. Williams

J. Smith

M. Humphrey

E. Thomas

Those players don't need any more snaps. I think younger ascending players it would be helpful to play consistently.