Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

According to FiveThirtyEight's elo rating, this is the best Raven's team ever. Their elo rating of 1733 is currently the best in the NFL and outpaces their previous best of 1726, after they defeat the New York Giants in Super Bowl 35.

Granted, their elo rating was a bit flawed prior to this year, but I still think that's an awesome metric showing just how dominant the Ravens have been this season.

Edited by Nozizaki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

According to FiveThirtyEight's elo rating, this is the best Raven's team ever. Their elo rating of 1733 is currently the best in the NFL and outpaces their previous best of 1726, after they defeat the New York Giants in  Super Bowl 35.

Granted, their elo rating was a bit flawed prior to this year, but I still think that's an awesome metric showing just how dominant the Ravens have been this season.

It's certainly the best Ravens team I've ever seen (started watching in 05/06).

• Like 1

Love watching these every week. Really does feel like a special group, they're just so relentlessly positive and play with so much love and pride for each other. Probably the best version of the kind of culture Harbaugh has tried to instill in these teams before. Just looking at this group they likely would have made it another thing to rally around but maybe the only potential positive out of not getting Suggs is that when the team is already operating at basically perfect chemistry, bringing in any big personality like that could have the potential to be disruptive so not rocking the boat at all has its benefits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Suggs is that when the team is already operating at basically perfect chemistry, bringing in any big personality like that could have the potential to be disruptive so not rocking the boat at all has its benefits. 

This is exactly why I was somewhat nervous about bringing him on. We’re doing well and you never know how that could go. Especially someone that’s not integrating within our current culture like a Marcus Peters, but rather someone that might feel like “they own the place”.

• Like 1

Suggs would have been a very nice asset to pickup because of his proficiency setting the edge in the running game, moreso than any pass rush benefit. That's been easily the biggest issue with the defense since the Peters acquisition. Running outside to the (non-Judon side) edge of the line is the most obvious area to exploit on the team. So, it's definitely a little disappointing that we didn't get him. But, we have to and can make do. Will get a very good test for the defense in that regard against Chubb and Hunt. I'm sure the coaching staff will play that 88 yard Chubb run a 100 times this week and emphasize where Bowser and Peanut messed up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Running outside to the (non-Judon side) edge of the line is the most obvious area to exploit on the team.

Judon doesn't set a good edge either, maybe better than Ferguson- but that isn't saying much. Doesn't really matter which side teams run at tbh, it's just not a defensive strength of ours. And the main culprits of the Browns' loss have either been replaced with better players or moved to a more suitable role. Maybe Chubb and Hunt break a couple big runs, maybe they don't. It's not going to define the game either way. Smart money is on us working their defense to a big lead early and then suffocating their offense with our typically potent blitz-coverage combinations. I hope the Browns put up a decent fight. As I would like a tough final game for the starters, but I doubt we'll get it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Judon doesn't set a good edge either, maybe better than Ferguson- but that isn't saying much. Doesn't really matter which side teams run at tbh, it's just not a defensive strength of ours. And the main culprits of the Browns' loss have either been replaced with better players or moved to a more suitable role. Maybe Chubb and Hunt break a couple big runs, maybe they don't. It's not going to define the game either way. Smart money is on us working their defense to a big lead early and then suffocating their offense with our typically potent blitz-coverage combinations. I hope the Browns put up a decent fight. As I would like a tough final game for the starters, but I doubt we'll get it. 

Nope. I hope their will is broken. I want all of the air sucked out of that fraudulent place. I want pen drop silence so I can hear the tears fall. I want the factory of sadness to be in full misery mode. Don't care what happens the following week though.

Take that back...

I want more of the same.

• Like 5

If we sit Lamar, Ingram and Andrews, we would look at a lineup with a lot of wide receivers but only two tight ends and two runningbacks. I wonder if that would change anything to how we approach the game, or if Boykin would come into the slot and help as a blocker.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:11 PM, AngusMcFife said:

If the Ravens have the no. 1 seed locked up in week 17, who are the 7 players who would be inactive? I would go with elite players and vets, guys who we cannot lose to injury but also really don't need to play to be able to play at a high level in 3 weeks. I'd go

Lamar

Yanda

Stanley

B. Williams

J. Smith

M. Humphrey

E. Thomas

Those players don't need any more snaps. I think younger ascending players it would be helpful to play consistently. 

Revisiting my week 17 inactives list. I'd add Ingram, and maybe swap Peters with J. Smith if Peters is banged up. I think this is a fun exercise, what's the worst Ravens lineup you can make (in order to protect the best players from injury)?

QB: McSorely

RB: Hill

WR: J. Scott, C. Moore, D. Thomas, Boykin

OT: Hurst, Ehringer

OG: Powers, Bozeman (gotta have 1 starting O-lineman)

C: Grasu

DL: Ellis, Peko

OLB: Ferguson, Ward

ILB: Board, Fort

CB: Averett, Marshall, J. Richards

S: Levine, Trawick