Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

11 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Feel like I’d rather play the Titans. Watson has proven he can win a playoff game. Tannehill hasn’t gotten that monkey off his back, it’ll be his first playoff game. They have less star power on that team. And the defense’s seem similarly able to be feast upon. Only the Texans have seen our offense before while the Titans have not... though I guess the same can be said for their offense vs us. They’re also a very physical team and that might not be a good matchup to play prior to a Championship game... but in the end I’ll take the Titans over the Texans. But tbh I haven’t watched a single Titans game this season (except the closing moments vs the Chiefs when the telecast ended and switched over to them), so what do I know?!

If we face the Titans, by default Tannehill will have won a playoff game. And 1 win would be the same number of wins as Watson.

EDIT: You caught your mistake :)  

Edited by AngusMcFife

Kind of feel like watching the Titans vs Pats that it’s hard for me to see how their defense would do against our rushing attack. Not a lot of similar looks to this point, they would definitely be seeing an adjustment in the offense they’re preparing for against the Pats vs what we would bring to the table. Feel like we could certainly put up 30+ on their defense though.

edit: Though that ZBS with Henry looks pretty dominant and we’ve already seen this season where the 49ers were able to really kills us running a similar scheme.

edit2: Though IF we could stop the run with our front 7 then I’m not all that afraid of Tannehill being an elite specimen that can completely overwhelm our gameplan.

Edited by diamondbull424

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Kind of feel like watching the Titans vs Pats that it’s hard for me to see how their defense would do against our rushing attack. Not a lot of similar looks to this point, they would definitely be seeing an adjustment in the offense they’re preparing for against the Pats vs what we would bring to the table. Feel like we could certainly put up 30+ on their defense though.

edit: Though that ZBS with Henry looks pretty dominant and we’ve already seen this season where the 49ers were able to really kills us running a similar scheme.

They'd be the toughest of all the teams but honestly. I don't think they can stop the run. 

Like I said in the NFL General thread, you can only run the ball if you have a lead. Something tells me we won't have a repeat of last year's playoff game, i.e. Lamar and Co. are going to put up some major points against this Dean Pees lead defense. So, unless the Titans are just hell bent on running Henry, don't see how him getting close to 30 touches when they're down multiple scores will be of any benefit to them. 

tenor.gif

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Like I said in the NFL General thread, you can only run the ball if you have a lead. Something tells me we won't have a repeat of last year's playoff game, i.e. Lamar and Co. are going to put up some major points against this Dean Pees lead defense. So, unless the Titans are just hell bent on running Henry, don't see how him getting close to 30 touches when they're down multiple scores will be of any benefit to them. 

tenor.gif

Talk that slick shhh, @RavensTillIDie!

Stefon Diggs' diva antics on the sidelines today just reminded me of the story from earlier this year about how badly he tanked his interview with Ozzie

I hope we never have a player that ever acts like that in a game

• Like 3