Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

19 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Saints were the team I was most worried about by far. And I wasn’t believing the Patriots were dead until they were dead. So good weekend as far as I’m concerned 

I was worried that if we met them in the SB, Drew Brees going out with a ring and riding off into the sunset was a good enough story for the refs to get too involved in the game. Now against all the remaining field, I think the Lamar story might be the best remaining story. Only other story/team I’m afraid of is the Vikings in the SB, they’ve got the defensive speed to run with us, they have the WRs to separate, and the story of that underdog team beating Goliath to win their first ever SB is kind of scary. Could see the Ravens having to battle the refs in a game like that and they’ve got the squad to get the W with a little assistance.

it is going to be GB in the super bowl just watch.

Rodgers doesn't need to hero ball for them to score a lot with LaFleur being able to establish a run game.

Their front 7 can match up with SF any day iyam.

unless that SF front 7 finds their mojo back again real quick they'll be eliminated by Green Bay.

23 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

😂 I nominate @DreamKid I’m slightly superstitious and since he’s been doing them the Ravens are 14-2. Who used to make the gameday threads back in 2012 for the playoff run? 😂

Pretty sure (though I can't remember) I was heavily involved in those GDT's. Someone else can check though to be sure.

35 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Pretty sure (though I can't remember) I was heavily involved in those GDT's. Someone else can check though to be sure.

Because I have nothing better to do with my time today, I looked it up on the old forum, the authors of each playoff GDT were:

Wild Card - ????? (Could not find a thread)

Divisional -  @diamondbull424

Championship - Myself

Super Bowl - Myself

So I think this means we NEED @diamondbull424 to make this GDT. xD

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Because I have nothing better to do with my time today, I looked it up on the old forum, the authors of each playoff GDT were:

Wild Card - ????? (Could not find a thread)

Divisional -  @diamondbull424

Championship - Myself

Super Bowl - Myself

So I think this means we NEED @diamondbull424 to make this GDT. xD

I second this motion.

7 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Also, reading back through that Super Bowl thread I forgot how many amazing posters we used to have in this forum. Miss the likes of GaTechRavens, Flaccomania, Strawz, Integrity,  ravens5520, etc.

Things have changed a lot since everyone got banned on the old forum lol

Also, crazy that I predicted Kaepernick would overthrow to Ed Reed.

40 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Also, reading back through that Super Bowl thread I forgot how many amazing posters we used to have in this forum. Miss the likes of GaTechRavens, Flaccomania, Strawz, Integrity,  ravens5520, etc.

I miss Flaccomania with the saved by the bell Avi. And I agree, I forgot about a lot of them guys until you brought them up.

I still bangs with the current folk. Y'all ard!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Been on this site since 2006...remember the original Ravens mod who had the WVU avatar? forgot his name, may have been like Raven5255 or something 

Edit: yep, that was him. he was gone a few years even before that 2012 run. 

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Been on this site since 2006...remember the original Ravens mod who had the WVU avatar? forgot his name, may have been like Raven5255 or something 

Lol the greatest mystery of this forum.

I always think back to that scene from The Wire whenever his name comes up....

The forum asking former mod @BaltimoreTerp, thinking they must be best buds irl since they're both mods on a football forum:

nxPkr6D.gif

(avoiding posting the full uncensored version)

• Like 2

😂 

P.S. - vikings wore their all purples against the saints. was originally thinking that the NFL may have changed the alternate uni rule for the playoffs, but i guess technically you can wear whatever pants you want but still have to wear 1 of your 2 default tops, so that could explain vikings being able to go color rush.

kinda puts a dent in the saturday night black jersey hopes : /

Edited by Ray Reed