Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

A terrible accusation but don't have that energy for Suggs and celebrate Ray. I'm not sure where you stand on Ray but it's the se issue I have with Lewis. 

I'm tired of defending the guy and his pathetic excuses when it comes to the evening in question.

My thought process was a veteran pass rusher for our squad next year. Forgot about the incident with his baby mom though. Rough. 

The difference I see is that Ray, whether he was more involved or not used that moment to turn his life around. Same with Mike Vick. To a lesser degree same with Kobe Bryant, somewhat the same with Michael Jordan. Same with Ray Rice. Same with Tiger Woods.

With many great athletes there always seems to be a line they walk between sanity and greatness. It takes a “crazy” level of genius, work ethic, and/or passion to be a true great. Sometimes those trials bubble themselves to the surface of public experience.

That said, when I look at Suggs and the consistently constant allegations, I remember having heard about the incident and thought that people were speaking on the same incident again later, but It wasn’t until someone posted an article and I saw the timeline that my opinion changed. There was always something that I felt was not genuine about Suggs level of leadership and why it didn’t FEEL as impactful to me as Lewis/Reed. But hey, all of this is perception and we can’t ever REALLY know the truth of it all.

I come from Baltimore City, I know that bad things happen. I know that black and white only exist in the color palette of life as different shades of grey. That said, I’m all about a good redemption arc, but sometimes the grey goes past that and swells into the shallow depths of the black, tainted by poisoned ebony. In that moment my support dims, for a supportive light cannot cast its guidance through the murk. Suggs is who he is and I’m okay with that, but I will no longer cheer for the conclusion of his story. I cannot. What will be will come as it endures. The night ever moves on.

• Like 1

Glad the Titans lost. Normally would root against the Chiefs, but Titan fans deserved an AFCC loss. They'll all live and die without ever seeing their team win the Super Bowl. Now it's the 49ers-Chiefs SB scenario we all predicted if the Ravens were to be removed from the equation. Pretty hard to support either as Raven fans, but I think you have to lean for camp 49ers. If they win they'll tie the Pats & Steelers with 6 championships, dealing a blow to both of those organizations. And their record in the SB would be  6-1, with that lone defeat coming from the Ravens. Which is a (small) glory bump for our club I guess. Also the players seeing a team they previously beat go and win the SB should send a strong message to the locker room. And motivate them even more for next year. The only downside is how obnoxious 49er fans can be. They're a pretty good group on FF, but living in California I can attest to them largely being an awful bunch irl. Lots of people close to me are Raider fans too. Oh well though, have to see how it goes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M.10.E said:

At the end of the day it comes down to execution and we didn’t. Can’t drop touchdowns/first downs and not get 4th and 1’s. 

Unfortunately it really is that simple. It was clear yesterday, that if the Titans couldn't play Henry like they wanted, they didn't have much more and that bend don't break defense from Pees doesn't work, when you are behind and trying to make a comeback.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Glad the Titans lost. Normally would root against the Chiefs, but Titan fans deserved an AFCC loss. They'll all live and die without ever seeing their team win the Super Bowl. Now it's the 49ers-Chiefs SB scenario we all predicted if the Ravens were to be removed from the equation. Pretty hard to support either as Raven fans, but I think you have to lean for camp 49ers. If they win they'll tie the Pats & Steelers with 6 championships, dealing a blow to both of those organizations. And their record in the SB would be  6-1, with that lone defeat coming from the Ravens. Which is a (small) glory bump for our club I guess. Also the players seeing a team they previously beat go and win the SB should send a strong message to the locker room. And motivate them even more for next year. The only downside is how obnoxious 49er fans can be. They're a pretty good group on FF, but living in California I can attest to them largely being an awful bunch irl. Lots of people close to me are Raider fans too. Oh well though, have to see how it goes. 

I can get behind this. I was considering only the blow to Tom Brady with Mahomes potentially winning the SB. But boy would I love to see that troll in NFL Gen implode and disappear from here.

That said there’s not too many people on that 49ers squad that I can root for. Not really a big fan of any of their players tbh. Kittle is cool, but I can’t say I’m a fan. Bosa, meh. I’m very indifferent to that team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I can get behind this. I was considering only the blow to Tom Brady with Mahomes potentially winning the SB. But boy would I love to see that troll in NFL Gen implode and disappear from here.

That said there’s not too many people on that 49ers squad that I can root for. Not really a big fan of any of their players tbh. Kittle is cool, but I can’t say I’m a fan. Bosa, meh. I’m very indifferent to that team.

DB, I'm disappointed in you. We can all root for this guy:

Image result for kyle juszczyk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

DB, I'm disappointed in you. We can all root for this guy:

Image result for kyle juszczyk

Ah... forgot about him. Speaking of Juszczyk, I think he’s the blueprint for how the Ravens should utilize Hurst. Can rotate him in and out to keep our FBs/TEs fresh.

edit: On second thought I do also like Richard Sherman, I’m completely down with him getting a SB to strengthen his HOF chances/resume. I can get on board with that and KJ.

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

On second thought I do also like Richard Sherman, I’m completely down with him getting a SB to strengthen his HOF chances/resume. I can get on board with that and KJ.

Sherman can be entertaining, but he is ever so petty on social media

• Like 1

Not sure how many of you are on the Twitter sphere, but the NFL Twitter page has now deleted and re-created the "Vote for the NFL Air Player of the Year Award" poll TWICE. Lamar Jackson has won both polls, so why they felt the need to delete and re-do it two more times is beyond me, other than they must feel either Mahomes or Wilson should be the winner. 

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not sure how many of you are on the Twitter sphere, but the NFL Twitter page has now deleted and re-created the "Vote for the NFL Air Player of the Year Award" poll TWICE. Lamar Jackson has won both polls, so why they felt the need to delete and re-do it two more times is beyond me, other than they must feel either Mahomes or Wilson should be the winner. 

I got off Twitter/NFL Gen/NFL Reddit etc for this exact reason. To not get riled up over stuff like this haha.

Edited by M.10.E