Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Where is everyone at with Willie Snead right now? Like him? Meh? Could be Upgraded?

Upgraded. I’ve also been getting annoyed with all of his interviews recently. What he said before the postseason annoyed me (can’t remember what he said) and the dropping multiple balls in our biggest game of the season annoys me further.

I’m all in on a competition for his spot. Hollywood is a starter for sure, but if we can find another option in the draft... I’d love to see that guy either take Boykin/Roberts role as Z receiver or take Sneads role in the slot... depending on the WR we would draft and their skillset.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Where is everyone at with Willie Snead right now? Like him? Meh? Could be Upgraded?

I think we could ugrade from him, and he took a step back this year when Lamar found another favorite WR in Marquise Brown. I think however he is the important leader by example type we still need. I would rather upgrade from Chris Moore, Jaleel Scott, Seth Roberts than from Willie Snead so in that regard I think we should continue forward with him.

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m kinda interested in Henry Ruggs. Having two speed guys like him and Brown who are also legit WRs not track guys. Our TEs and Snead in the middle. Our run game as well as Jackson’s run threat in the passing game. IDK how you even defend all that.

Yeah, I'd be on board with this. A burner to take the top off would be nice. Hollywood can do that but he excels in chrisp fast routes and YAC. Adding a straight burner could be deadly. 

33 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I’m kinda interested in Henry Ruggs. Having two speed guys like him and Brown who are also legit WRs not track guys. Our TEs and Snead in the middle. Our run game as well as Jackson’s run threat in the passing game. IDK how you even defend all that.

Pittsburgh did it for years with great success. Kansas City appears to be taking that approach too. I'm all for loading up on speed at receiver.

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Ruggs is also more than just a speed guy. He is more physical than he looks from the videos I have seen. I just doubt he get down in our range unless something about his character is revealed that could make him fall.

8 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I need to watch more on Ruggs but if my first impression holds, I would rather we target Raegor and Aiyuk in the second round. See them all as similar options. Aiyuk reminds me of Mike Wallace, while Raegor and Ruggs both remind me of Tyreek Hill. Both would be welcome additions.

28 minutes ago, drd23 said:

This SB is proof that we need to load up on pass rushing talent however we can get it - Mahomes is looking like crap thanks to the pressure the 9ers DL is getting

But if you can't stop the run, we won't even make it to the championship game with Mahomes. Titans steamrolled us.