Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

50 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

But if you can't stop the run, we won't even make it to the championship game with Mahomes. Titans steamrolled us.

I think we'd be more likely to face Mahomes than Henry again in the games that matter though.

Its damn hard to be great at everything, and I'd prioritise rushing the passer over stopping the run

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Well the 49ers had great pass rushers and still lost by 11. Maybe I'm missing the lesson here. 

The lesson is you can't win a Superbowl without a QB. Jimmy G wasn't it. We got Lamar so we're good there.

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Mahomes came through.... BUT that performance keeps his playoffs from Joe Flacco tier.

I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow on sports shows people already ranking that playoff run ahead of Joe's beacuse of  recency bias and how little people actually remember about how good that run was from Flacco.

• Like 1

Well, I think that's what we all pretty much expected. Having lost to that Chiefs team ourselves, twice already. They're the new Pats in the AFC. Mahomes even whines to the Refs like a young Brady.

I think our Playoff hiccups are behind us and we're going to see the Ravens live up to their potential going forward. Can't wait to see what EDC cooks up for the team in Year 2, and just how big of a leap this young core takes. 

Right now though, we should all collectively be praying for a Yanda return. Priority #1.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see tomorrow on sports shows people already ranking that playoff run ahead of Joe's beacuse of  recency bias and how little people actually remember about how good that run was from Flacco.

Yes the quality of competition Joe went through was off the charts. Denver and NE on the road, San Fran, those were all great teams. Mahomes going through Texans and Titans isn't close, although beating that 49ers team was impressive. 

That's gonna be us 12 months from now, man. We were ahead of schedule this year to begin with but you know they're about to put in the work to make sure the moment isn't too big for them again. Looking forward Mahomes is the new Brady and for now Lamar is the Peyton in that emerging rivalry in that he's going to have to build from early playoff failures. It's just gonna drive Lamar though, honestly the only guy in the league I see coming back next year with the same level of 'man on a mission' fury as Lamar is the OG Brady if he's back with the Pats. Chiefs are the standard and the target though. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

3 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Well the 49ers had great pass rushers and still lost by 11. Maybe I'm missing the lesson here. 

Why do you think the Chiefs were down by 10 and needed Mahomes to put up a brilliant final quarter performance for them to win?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danand said:

Is there a similar term in english? 

Specifically for losing in a situation where you're 'supposed to win'?- no, not really. I guess the closest would be 'Choke Artist', but that's a label that can be applied to basically any type of loss.