Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

7 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I don't think it is possible for Rudolph to prove his innocence, since not everything said on the football field is recorded or even heard by other players. 

I think that Rudolph's career is over anyways. The Steelers played better and more inspired under Duck. I don't think the Steeler players have any respect for Rudolph after how he acted in the whole incident with Garrett. 

With how bad he was, his career might indeed be over already if the Steelers decide to go with Hodges as their direct backup to big ben next year. 

With regard to him proving his innocence, it would have to rely on the amount of sound recorded from games, and it might be on film, and it might not. Garrett acted out of character, but when no comments about a racial slur came from other players, it sounds a bit weird that Garrett was the only one who heard it.

13 minutes ago, Danand said:

With how bad he was, his career might indeed be over already if the Steelers decide to go with Hodges as their direct backup to big ben next year. 

With regard to him proving his innocence, it would have to rely on the amount of sound recorded from games, and it might be on film, and it might not. Garrett acted out of character, but when no comments about a racial slur came from other players, it sounds a bit weird that Garrett was the only one who heard it.

If I were a racist who called people the n-word, I would be sure to never do that in front of my black co-workers who protect me from getting pummeled! If you remember Riley Cooper had no qualms about dropping n-bombs at a country music concert but nobody ever thought he was racist before that incident.   

Either way the NFL likely intentionally let him back in during the slowest time of the NFL offseason (while the NBA and NHL seasons are ramping up- plus now there’s the XFL), so they can let a star player back into the fold without any media scrutiny of “whether the suspension was long enough” hurting its public opinion.

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Either way the NFL likely intentionally let him back in during the slowest time of the NFL offseason (while the NBA and NHL seasons are ramping up- plus now there’s the XFL), so they can let a star player back into the fold without any media scrutiny of “whether the suspension was long enough” hurting its public opinion.

Hence why they were smart to start with an indefinite suspension with an offseason reinstatement rather than simply saying it would be the remainder of the season (~6 games IIRC). Blunts some of the opportunity for trying to make game count comparisons.

• Like 1

This situation is perfectly awful for those two trash franchises.

And what's so hilarious is that in the end Garrett literally swung a helmet at Rudolph's uncovered head with intent, and it did not nothing........ That's so F'n embarrassing. Both of them looked like two jersey housewives fighting over a knock off bag.  

For my money Garrett is lying. And he better hope it isn't proven that he is, because that would make it even harder for a potential sponsor to get behind him. This isn't school where you can tell the teacher you were called a "really bad word" to somewhat justify an altercation. There will be consequences.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danand said:

I really don't think anyone on the Steelers or (deep down) many on the Browns think Rudolph needs to prove his innocence. 

If flames out, it'll be because of his ability. I actually liked him as a prospect and thought he was pretty polished and had decent tools. But now it seems like he's short of NFL caliber to this point. Going to be a critical offseason for him to develop and prove himself.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This situation is perfectly awful for those two trash franchises.

And what's so hilarious is that in the end Garrett literally swung a helmet at Rudolph's uncovered head with intent, and it did not nothing........ That's so F'n embarrassing. Both of them looked like two jersey housewives fighting over a knock off bag.  

For my money Garrett is lying. And he better hope it isn't proven that he is, because that would make it even harder for a potential sponsor to get behind him. This isn't school where you can tell the teacher you were called a "really bad word" to somewhat justify an altercation. There will be consequences.

Though I will say, after doing something that crazy... he almost had to make that claim. I also think he’s lying but with millions of dollars on the line in potential future endorsements (that just need a decent excuse to carry you as an athlete) and more millions of game salary, plus the hate of seemingly the NFL community coming down on you... I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same thing, I can’t say if I were in his shoes I would do it any differently. I’m sure his agent told him to say it.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Though I will say, after doing something that crazy... he almost had to make that claim. I also think he’s lying but with millions of dollars on the line in potential future endorsements (that just need a decent excuse to carry you as an athlete) and more millions of game salary, plus the hate of seemingly the NFL community coming down on you... I can’t say I wouldn’t do the same thing, I can’t say if I were in his shoes I would do it any differently. I’m sure his agent told him to say it.

I agree. It immediately got a new faction of very vocal people behind him and emboldened those already in his camp(Browns fans). It's a smart card to play for someone in his position. 

The morality of it is obviously questionable, but when the goal is self preservation it's easy to sweep silly things like that out of the way lol. All Myles has to worry about now is if definitive proof that he's lying comes out, because then he's tarnished forever. Even if he says "Well I thought he said it or something, or I thought I heard it", he's still going to buried. The Jussie Smollet or as Dave Chappelle says "Juicy" memes are already rolling as is. 

It's a weird situation where every honest observer probably has a feeling that he's lying, but what can you do? No major figure in Sport's media is going to come out and accuse a player of lying about receiving slurs. That's career suicide. Myles felt the heat on his back, then looked over at the raging fire that is America's obsession with everything Race and poured some more gasoline on that blazing flame to distract from his own. Won't catch me feeling bad for either of them regardless of how it shakes out. I just wish people cared as much about what Ben Rothlesberger actually is credibly accused of doing, as they did about flimsy accusations of hateful language. All the lame jokes we have to hear about Ray and such, while that pig Big Benny was out there being a demon? Miss me with that.

Garrett better cut the $%*& out around Lamar too. We should all be on high alert for players attempting cheap shots. The Ravens won't put up that nonsense, and he can't try to preserve his image by accusing Lamar of hate language 🤣. Plus Lamar would run the fade all over that big clown. LJ8 would've made a great fighter, the twitch, reflexive decision making, vision.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I agree. It immediately got a new faction of very vocal people behind him and emboldened those already in his camp(Browns fans). It's a smart card to play for someone in his position. 

The morality of it is obviously questionable, but when the goal is self preservation it's easy to sweep silly things like that out of the way lol. All Myles has to worry about now is if definitive proof that he's lying comes out, because then he's tarnished forever. Even if he says "Well I thought he said it or something, or I thought I heard it", he's still going to buried. The Jussie Smollet or as Dave Chappelle says "Juicy" memes are already rolling as is. 

What complicates things is that Garrett actually did not go public with the accusation. He discussed what happened with NFL investigators, and they leaked it to the media. It appears he wanted to keep what happened private, and not give any excuses for what he did publicly. That is way different than Smollet who went out of his way to stage an incident and then publicize it. 

4 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

What complicates things is that Garrett actually did not go public with the accusation. He discussed what happened with NFL investigators, and they leaked it to the media. It appears he wanted to keep what happened private, and not give any excuses for what he did publicly. That is way different than Smollet who went out of his way to stage an incident and then publicize it. 

This is one of the reasons why I believe it. But we'll never know and if true, Rudolph will get his comeuppance. And if it isn't true, Garrett is a whole clown and will also get his comeuppance. Either way I'm glad all 3 teams in our division are burning to the ground. Because reasons! icon_lol.gif

6 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

This is one of the reasons why I believe it. But we'll never know and if true, Rudolph will get his comeuppance. And if it isn't true, Garrett is a whole clown and will also get his comeuppance. Either way I'm glad all 3 teams in our division are burning to the ground. Because reasons! icon_lol.gif

Flip side is that it would be simpler to make such an accusation, if Completely unsubstantiated, behind Closed doors rather than to the whole world. 

• Like 1

Heck in light of the recent NFL decision to let him back in the slow season, I wouldn’t be surprised if “the leak” was of their own doing.

Garrett doesn’t have to be culpable in the situation and be terrible at lying to the public, he just has to not answer any of those questions. While the league gets to expertly navigate one of its stars receiving preferential treatment. Wouldn’t put it past them.

• Like 1

A month out from Free Agency. 

This time of year in the big scheme of things seems to fly by and summer comes ultra fast when you get through it and look back. 

Also for some reason the stretch from FA to the draft seems to take forever because of the anticipation and build up. It's very weird and I'm not sure that makes much sense. Can anyone else relate? Lol

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

A month out from Free Agency. 

This time of year in the big scheme of things seems to fly by and summer comes ultra fast when you get through it and look back. 

Also for some reason the stretch from FA to the draft seems to take forever because of the anticipation and build up. It's very weird and I'm not sure that makes much sense. Can anyone else relate? Lol

I use the time to look at games. It is much easier to actually watch players and what happens when you are not "concerned" with the outcome and has your emotions going as it is during the season.

I like the proces to get a better and objective view of teams needs and which players are actually good or replaceable. It is only 3 games, but the difference with Jimmy Smith on the field is very noticeable. On the other hand, I rarely see Judon winning one on one matchups as a pass rusher, and I think I have to try and spot him more and especially his sacks from this year as they might be a result of scheme rather than him winning against tackles. Against the Patriots he was completely shut down by both tackles. We got pressure on Brady with blitzes and playing aggressive in coverage.

While he might be our best pass rusher, I think we should extend the better guy even though he is older. 

• Like 1