Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Well, other teams are going to have an easier time poaching coaches from Baltimore now. 

FWIW I'm pretty sure Harbaugh has always been pretty supportive of his assistants seeking out promotions elsewhere - even in the case of position coaches trying to become coordinators which is what the rule change was about. I can't think of the last coach we blocked from a promotion along those lines. 

• Like 4

1.5 to backup a QB he’s probably better than kinda seems beneath him but if that’s what he wants do. Hope he’s not having money problems.

And why does the team website keep trying to get me excited about Pernell McPhee? Can’t think of a move I care less about.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

1.5 to backup a QB he’s probably better than kinda seems beneath him but if that’s what he wants do. Hope he’s not having money problems.

And why does the team website keep trying to get me excited about Pernell McPhee? Can’t think of a move I care less about.

Mcphee was our best edge defender last year till he got injured

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

McPhee’s been on a super bowl winning team, if nothing else he understands the hard work required to go out and win. He’s also pretty decent at getting after the quarterback 

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

Another former Raven heading to the Jets. 

5 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This is one guy I'd like to see in purple. We're set right now though. He could be a guy we see in Bmore within a couple years hopefully. 

I wonder if they'd be interested in Judon. If we include him in a trade for Jamal Adams that would free up enough money to sign Clowney this year.

5 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I wonder if they'd be interested in Judon. If we include him in a trade for Jamal Adams that would free up enough money to sign Clowney this year.

Not after Adams gets an extension. No way any team that could trade for him (and I doubt it happens) wouldn't have an agreement in-place for a new deal immediately. That's the who contention point between Adams and the Jets. 

4 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Not after Adams gets an extension. No way any team that could trade for him (and I doubt it happens) wouldn't have an agreement in-place for a new deal immediately. That's the who contention point between Adams and the Jets. 

I thought when a player on a rookie deal is extended that new deal adds on, doesn't take place until after their rookie contract is completed?

15 hours ago, drd23 said:

Jefferson occupies a unique place in Ravens' history. One of the worst on field additions, but an incredible off field addition. 

Which is why I can't understand some of the abuse a faction of the fans throw at him. Like sure, he wasn't in any way a good player for us. That doesn't mean he didn't give his all on the field or try to boost the club in other ways though. No reason to celebrate his injury or wish him ill will, which I've unfortunately seen too much of.

I hope he bounces back from his injury and ends his career on a high note. Can see him pushing for analyst jobs too, dude loves the social side of the game.

• Like 3