drd23

Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

12 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Just store the guy in bubble wrap until the opening game.

17 hours ago, drd23 said:

The official Ravens twitter feed thinks that this is an update

icon_lol.gif

I've seen more coherent sentences from my drunk uncle after Thanksgiving dinner.

On 8/23/2017 at 8:54 PM, drd23 said:

The official Ravens twitter feed thinks that this is an update

icon_lol.gif

Finally some real answers

Dannell Ellerbe has been/will be released 

He's not reliable health-wise, but I think it's worth looking into if he's cheap. We could use depth at that spot as well as insurance if KC doesn't work out there.

Ellerbe is pretty bad though. Warm body =/= depth. If Correa doesn't pan out, then maybe Pees is forced to use more dime and/or less looks with linebackers who aren't suited to drop back in coverage.

agreed with c0, anyway there are other positions of need we should seek to get some improvements / depth once the cuts are over with. Cannot invest anymore cap in the defense when our offense is in crumbles already.

Good to see Pierce getting some recognition for his good rookie season.  Hopefully he can keep that form up in a larger role this year

Steelers signed Joe Haden. Good signing for them when he's actually on the field. 

This is nice to see.  

I don't imagine he'll have a whole heap of responsibility early, but even if all he does is inspire other UDFAs to push to their limit because they know that you can go from UDFA to All-Pro with the Ravens if you have the talent and the work ethic, it will be worth it

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/38643/project-pat-is-no-longer-a-novelty-act-for-the-ravens-backfield

Ricard primarily works with the offense these days and meets with the defensive coaches after practice. He's getting more comfortable with the playbook and a position he hadn't played since high school.

So can we consider Ricard primarily a fullback now? 

Wow, that is interesting

I assume we will be asking him to slim down, because he surely can't stay at 305lbs if he's primarily a FB.  I wonder how well he can catch given he's only played DL in college?

Huh, I would have just assumed we'd had a shutout more recently than that

9 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Huh, I would have just assumed we'd had a shutout more recently than that

I was just surprised by it being 2009. I don't remember having too good of a defense that year. The last one I remember off the top of my head was opening day 06 against Tampa

I think the team came close a couple years ago but a late FG ended the shutout. Want to say it was against the Browns off the top of my head.