Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

11 minutes ago, Danand said:

I couldn't take that guy seriously.

A guy I can take seriously though, is Myles Gaskin, there's our runningback pick in next years draft.

Guess I will have to battle some Bryce Love supporters in here

I love me some Myles Gaskin.

source: am casual UW fan

Sounds like DJ Moore is tearing it up in Carolina.... I honestly feel my bitterness toward LJ is due to the fact the ravens traded back from 22 with the plan to get as many picks as possible so when they traded up for LJ theyd still have an abundance of mid round picks... So in my mind its LJ's fault we missed out on Dj Moore, which is just totally unacceptable to me

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, paraven said:

Sounds like DJ Moore is tearing it up in Carolina.... I honestly feel my bitterness toward LJ is due to the fact the ravens traded back from 22 with the plan to get as many picks as possible so when they traded up for LJ theyd still have an abundance of mid round picks... So in my mind its LJ's fault we missed out on Dj Moore, which is just totally unacceptable to me

Perriman also did pretty well last year in minicamp. Doesn't mean crap until they do it in the regular season.

Edited by M.10.E

Just now, M.10.E said:

Perriman also did pretty well last year in minicamp. Doesn't mean crap until they do it in the regular season.

O I understand that, im saying if DJ Moore turns out to be the guy I thought he'd be, then the bitterness will not go away

I think Joe pissed off some teammates last year because there was a perception that he didn't care. You can't be by far the highest paid guy in the locker room and be perceived as the guy just there shooting the breeze. You have to look like the hardest working guy in the building and Joe didn't look the part. I think people, especially on the defensive side of the ball, became resentful of that. I don't care about the excuses of his supporting cast sucked or his system sucked. I am not talking about his circumstances. I am talking about his teammates perception of his effort. His teammates much like the fans, don't care that he was dealt a tough hand. They want to see that he is not going to be a victim of his circumstances. They need to know he wants to win and will move heaven and earth to do it, no matter the situation. I didn't see that from Joe Flacco last year. I think the team didn't see that from drive from Joe Flacco last year, hence why Lamar Jackson is here. I think the other players didn't see that from Flacco, hence Marlon Humphrey saying he wanted the Ravens to draft Baker Mayfield, hence the big as celebration from Humphrey and Jefferson when Jackson was drafted, and finally these comments from Weddle.

taken from RSR but i couldn't word it any better. all the hype on LJ from players within the organisation really make you think how many guys of "his team" see Flacco as the leader of the pack when all he did was maximize his earnings only to underperform badly in seasons afterwards. and maaaybe took the easy way out putting that on injuries suffered. nobody gets through a season healthy i suppose.

random rant. go LJ, please do not get hurt while excuting your coaches stoopid trick plays in the reg season.

20 hours ago, berlin calling said:

taken from RSR but i couldn't word it any better. all the hype on LJ from players within the organisation really make you think how many guys of "his team" see Flacco as the leader of the pack when all he did was maximize his earnings only to underperform badly in seasons afterwards. and maaaybe took the easy way out putting that on injuries suffered. nobody gets through a season healthy i suppose.

random rant. go LJ, please do not get hurt while excuting your coaches stoopid trick plays in the reg season.

Man that's a great quote. Couldn't have said it better myself. Dude's been fleecing the team for years and not giving a single crap. What was the quote from Weddle that's referenced there?

Are any of you guys that actually live in the Baltimore area going to sign up to check out training camp?

Starting at 11 am on Monday(June18), go to https://www.baltimoreravens.com/fans/training-camp/ . Looks like it's first come first served so don't get caught slipping!

"The Baltimore Ravens 2018 Training Camp, presented by Verizon, will feature 15 days of practice at the Under Armour Performance Center, and 1 free open practice held at M&T Bank Stadium on July 21st. For all practices at the Ravens Under Armour Performance Center, fans are able to claim FREE parking passes via Parking Panda on a first come first served basis.

Parking passes are good for 1 vehicle that is able to fit in a standard parking spot. With this pass, you are allowed to bring the number of guests that will safely & legally fit in your vehicle for the day you selected. You will receive an email from Parking Panda confirming your reservation."

If you were to go to a training camp, I imagine this would be the year to do so. It's a pivotal and exciting year for the club with many story lines to follow leading up to the season. Also this could be the final year for some Raven's legends like Flacco, Suggs, and maybe even Yanda should we add another ring. I couldn't care less about autographs or pictures but I know other people do so it could be a good/rare opportunity on that front. 

With Lamar Jackson in house I expect club enthusiasm/involvement to climb back to it's normally high levels. So I wouldn't play the waiting game on this one, also it would be nice to have the forum represented at TC like the old days. Have fun.

"Parking: Parking will take place at the Ravens Under Armour Performance Center (1 Winning Drive, Owings Mills, MD 21117). Please be aware that due to limited space at the Under Armour Performance Center, NorthWest Regional park will be used as an overflow lot for fans in attendance. Those who park at NorthWest Regional park will be transported to the Under Armour Performance Center on a shuttle provided by the Ravens. You will be directed to a spot upon entry and must depart the parking lot within 45 minutes after practice ends.

Date: Your parking pass will only be valid on the date you chose and were confirmed for. Parking passes will be scanned upon entry, and will only scan for the day they are valid.

Transferring your parking pass: In order to accommodate as many fans as possible at our facility, if you are unable to attend practice for any reason, you are able to transfer your parking pass to a friend or family member from your parking panda account. If you have any issues transferring your parking pass, please reach out to Parking Panda directly for assistance with the process (1-800-232-6415 or support@parkingpanda.com)

ADA Parking: Please contact us at TrainingCamp@ravens.nfl.net if handicap or special parking accommodations are necessary.

Entry/Guests: The parking pass is valid for one car to attend Training Camp on the date and time specified. Since parking will be very limited, you will be allowed one (1) vehicle for your group – no exceptions. The included parking pass must be presented upon entry, and will be scanned. All vehicles must fit in a standard parking space**.** As the principal invitee to camp, you must be present along with your guests. The number of guests is limited to the amount that can safely fit in your vehicle. Please have a valid photo ID ready when you and your guests check in.

Practice Length & Autographs: Practice typically runs for 3 hours, but is subject to change. Autographs will be available at the end of practice for children AGES 6-14 ONLY. Each child is allowed to bring one (1) item to be signed. Due to post-practice workouts, treatments and meetings for players, please note that we cannot guarantee who and how many players will be available to sign.

Accommodations: Covered bleacher seating will be available on the practice field perimeter and will serve as the primary viewing point for practice. The Ravens will provide free water to all guests.

Fan Zone: Training camp will also feature a Fan Zone which will include, food truck(s) where concessions will be available for purchase, interactive games, the Ravens Team Store and free giveaways.

Restrooms: Restrooms will be available throughout the grounds for fans to utilize.

Photo/Video: Taking pictures and/or video is not allowed during practice. Video and photos can only be taken before and after practice.

Cell Phones: Unless there is an emergency, cell phones cannot be used during practice. Please “silence” your phones during practice.

*Practice Date/Time: Due to unforeseen events, including, but not limited to inclement weather, football-related matters or any unexpected occurrence, practice can be cancelled or moved inside to the field house. Before coming to camp, please call 410-261-RAVE (7283) and press 4 for the most updated practice information. If practice is cancelled or moved into the field house due to any of the above scenarios, there are no make-up dates."

On 6/15/2018 at 1:50 PM, berlin calling said:

In my Opinion players like Jefferson need to be more concerned about there own play. He was a straight up embarrassment last season, all the while being paid top safety money. Hes lucky if he will still be on the team next year. As to flaccos effort, that entire narrative goes out the window when you think he came back early from a herniated disk to play, when he could have easily sat on IR and got that pay check. He also got his clock wrung on a cheap shot trying to get the first down in a meaningful game. Anyway who questions flacco desire and effort in the game is an idiot in my opinion 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paraven said:

In my Opinion players like Jefferson need to be more concerned about there own play. He was a straight up embarrassment last season, all the while being paid top safety money. Hes lucky if he will still be on the team next year. As to flaccos effort, that entire narrative goes out the window when you think he came back early from a herniated disk to play, when he could have easily sat on IR and got that pay check. He also got his clock wrung on a cheap shot trying to get the first down in a meaningful game. Anyway who questions flacco desire and effort in the game is an idiot in my opinion 

I agree, but even though it seems he is in greater shape this year. He looks thinner, and if he was getting just a little bit complacent, then its not a bad thing to get a different kind of motivation.

On 13/06/2018 at 3:37 PM, paraven said:

If the Ravens had just stuck at #22, they could have had both Moore and Jackson. Two exciting, dynamic playmakers to build an offense around for the next decade. Not to be, unfortunately. I can't understand how they played it so disappointingly safe with Hurst, but then shot for the skies with Jackson less than an hour later.

22 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

If the Ravens had just stuck at #22, they could have had both Moore and Jackson. Two exciting, dynamic playmakers to build an offense around for the next decade. Not to be, unfortunately. I can't understand how they played it so disappointingly safe with Hurst, but then shot for the skies with Jackson less than an hour later.

regret.

9 hours ago, Mancunian Raven said:

By all accounts Hurst is equally dominating in camp. What’s said and what’s performed are two different things.

Whats more, while I really like DJ Moore, I’d easily have stayed at 16 for Derwin James than go Moore at 22. We’re talking pro bowl talent vs all pro talent. No brainer.