drd23

Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

On 8/2/2018 at 2:18 AM, DreamKid said:

I would think deep threat receivers would lead this list consistently due to the type of throws going their way.  I realize QB accuracy/ability is a major component, but I'm still very surprised to see Aiken on the list.

Player Nickname Update: 

Hayden "H2O" Hurst- His game is easy, fluid, and adaptable. He hits the double H with his initials. He's also old as S%$t!

Perfect nickname for Hayden, this Thor stuff is lame. 

Patrick "Pitbull" Ricard- Savage, ruthless, and capable. Blame the owner not the breed, cause we only roll killers at the FB position. 

Ricard will be our HB's best friend on lead blocks and our QB's best friend on that same stupid pass play we run every time we're in the redzone. Not to mention his versatility and loyalty in being a 3 phase player. Not everyone is built for that, but he is. 

Zach "The End" Sieler- Ozzie's last ever draft selection, the end of an era. When he hits the QB, it's all over. Prototype 34 Defensive End.

This nickname is perfect because it has a built in counter to uninspired rival fan hackery. When they inevitably go "Yea he's 'The End' alright heh heh, 'The Rear End'". Then our uninspired hacky fans can go "and he just S%&t all over you ha ha!".

I like searching out information and news on the team by date/upload time on various engines. It often yields some interesting nuggets that otherwise would slip through the cracks. This is an example of some of the other stuff you can find though, and one of the creepier ones I've seen. This dude is whacked out of his skull. He not only claims to hear god's voice, but also calls John Harbaugh his friend and speaks to his special access to the team allowed by John. He tells a story about pulling Suggs aside in 2015 to tell him what God asked him to personally relay....

I don't believe the man is lying. I think he was given special access to the team and I'm not comfortable with it. Players and coaches bonding over a shared set of beliefs is one thing. Allowing a mentally ill man who unequivocally states a connection to an imaginary figure that grants him special abilities and fulfills real world tasks and actions as a result, is another entirely. 

Creep.

This is hilarious. Dummy doesn't understand the game. Bortles will never own a ring. Ever. So good luck being saddled that bum. Hell even Rodgers and Brees only have one, same as Flacco. That defense collapsed like some hoes against the Patriots, and they'll be lucky to make the playoffs from now on with Watson and Luck up and running. Then again, ramsey does seem pretty knowledgeable on sucking. He should worry about straightening out public opinion on himself, before he twists in all kinds of knots using his mouth on others. We'll see when it counts. 

yep, he can run his mouth because he backs it up with his play. nothing wrong with being cocky if you are among the best at your position. who cares what he thinks about Flacco or any QB elsewhere. 

lol Alex Lewis actually replied to Ken McKusick on twitter. Must be bored. You don't often see the players do this. 

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

This is hilarious.

What i found hilarious is that he was suspended by the Jags for attacking the media over what he thought was unfair criticism (which wasn't criticism at all) and then he does this

11 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why are you so upset about Jalen Ramsey being right?

Because Big Ben is more than decent. He's, in my opinion top 3 in the league behind Venom Brady and Rodgers. Brees would 4th for those who wanted to know. And we all know he isn't correct about Joe Flacco. Because well, he just isn't. 

But its good to see some trash talk. I thought that was a lost art in today's baby society.

17 hours ago, berlin calling said:

why your team s*cks 2018 Ravens edition

always good for a laugh. love these. 

Personally I think the series jumped the shark a few years ago.  I used to love Magary, but he's changed for the worse IMO (just not fun to read anymore).

Solid article on Brandon Carr from Hensley. Even if he isn't starting, he's still a super valuable player for the team.