Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

12 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Calvin Ridley a whopping 0/2 while Jones was 10/19 (lol).

Ryan/Jones is just like Ben/Brown. force feed your #1 target until somebody proves to be able to stop them.

must be getting pretty annoying to be #2 or #3 on those teams. or vice versa, easy money.

Also just shows how much a true #1 wide receiver is worth. Once a team fully commit a Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, OBJ etc., there will be a lot more room for other guys to make plays.

its will be the most satisfying thing watching Timmy Williams become a top notch pass rusher (fingers crossed) while all the 1st round picks the Steelers invested in that position are bums. well Watt may get there but Jarvis Jones is out of the league already and Z. Smith is better than his former team mate Bud Dupree.

9 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

its will be the most satisfying thing watching Timmy Williams become a top notch pass rusher (fingers crossed) while all the 1st round picks the Steelers invested in that position are bums. well Watt may get there but Jarvis Jones is out of the league already and Z. Smith is better than his former team mate Bud Dupree.

eh.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

well Dupree is a full time starter, ZSmith is not. still similar stats and i'd assume Smith will get a better contract elsewhere than Dupree after their rookie contracts run out.

whatever, point is Ravens didn't invest 3 1st round picks to find a starting caliber guy unlike the Steelers.

Each team has their weakness in drafting.

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I would have said TWill as well, but it means something to see him impressing his teammates so much. Interesting that Bowser got no votes. I wonder if that is because of the missed training camp time, or if TWill just looks better. 

I think it's a little bit of both. Remember Wink Martindale, Harbaugh, and everyone else was super high on Tyus Bowser going into the start of real practices. He had been the most productive defensive player in camp in terms of Sacks, Picks, and general plays made. Then he got injured as the real games started. Which gave Tim Williams enough extra snaps to cement the huge leap he's made.

Tyus played great when he came back, but Tim Williams is obviously the better pass rusher. Which is no knock on Tyus, Tim Williams is 2 years older and was considered an elite pass rusher coming out of college. The thought always was that he'd be an immediate contributor. 

Wink has made it pretty clear that Tim Williams is going to be getting priority pass rush snaps, and I think the players have all seen that in practice. They combine that with the preseason production from Tim and their answer is obvious. 

The guys at Player Profiler can't resist low hanging fruit. Tyus Bowser's closest physical and athletic comp is Khalil Mack. Which is super impressive, and certainly doesn't seem like an off base comp. Strip away their specialties, Khalil's brute strength/edge setting ability and Bowser's fluid agility/coverage ability, and you can see how they level out as athletes with special burst to go along with their physical attributes. What distracts you when looking at the data though, is the picture of Tyus on his profile..........

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tyus-bowser/

Tyus Bowser EDGE

Height6' 3"

Weight247 lbs

Arm Length33 1/4" (43rd)

Draft Pick2.15

CollegeHouston

Age23.3

Tyus-Bowser-ALT.png
  • Like 1

When did Raiders fans become so keen on talking down the Ravens as an organization and Joe Flacco? It seems they are either trying to make it some sort of fan rivalry or acting like the Ravens are declining and the Raiders is the new exciting up and coming bully in the AFC.

Have they always been like that, or did it start with that argument I had with that Oakland_56 guy, where I said I believe Flacco is a better quarterback than Derek Carr?

Or is there a historic rivalry that I am not aware of?