Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

rothlesberger is so bad now. He had all day to throw, against a horrible defense, with top tier weapons, and still couldn't get it done. Countless inaccurate throws. The steelers are finished. They've always been overrated and the Patriots' little hoe, but now they're completely shot. 

The Ravens, Browns, and Bengals all have more talent in the pipeline at key positions. 

There's a big big chance they're 0-2-1 when we play them 2 weeks from now. They have to go into Fitzmagic's lair and face that team which is scorching. Then they have to play us. They don't have the same talent as the Bengals, we'll crush them. The Bengals are significantly better at every position on defense, and nothing the steelers have on offense worries me. 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Excuse me? The guy was 39/60, 452 passing yards and 3 TD's with 0 INT's and a rushing TD.

Go watch the game. Numbers aren't telling the whole story. He had ALL day to throw. The Chiefs don't have good DBs, and his receivers made great plays. Dude was off with so many balls.

The Browns game is a good indicator of what happens when a competent defense plays him.

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Go watch the game. Numbers aren't telling the whole story. He had ALL day to throw. The Chiefs don't have good DBs, and his receivers made great plays. Dude was off with so many balls.

The Browns game is a good indicator of what happens when a competent defense plays him.

The Chiefs rushed with 3 so many times which meant Big Ben had a lot of time to throw but very little windows. He had some overthrows but other than that he can't be blamed that much. As Joe had to last week, Big Ben had to come from behind trying to turn the game - he almost did that.

25 minutes ago, Danand said:

I really doubt us the next couple of games. We simply don't have the oline to matchup with the fronts they are facing. We need the defense to step up and act like they are not dependent on one single player.

I am btw not that pessimistic. We have seen all 3 units on the team work, we just need a more complete performance from especially the passing defence and the oline. Then I think we can be competitive with most teams.

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

The Chiefs rushed with 3 so many times which meant Big Ben had a lot of time to throw but very little windows. He had some overthrows but other than that he can't be blamed that much. As Joe had to last week, Big Ben had to come from behind trying to turn the game - he almost did that.

Yea, I didn't see that at all. Even in the highlights of the game, you see nothing but ATS for him and receivers comfortably open/making plays. 

Just now, wackywabbit said:

How long before we start blasting everyone for not paying Ryan Jensen?

I don't know about bashing, but it opens up some questions about the investments the team has made. This team is built defensively. That's where the draft picks and $ has gone. Yet there is 0 emphasis on playing time for high round defensive draft picks, and the defense has been prone to severe/costly lapses. No one is held accountable and excuses are always at the ready. 

19 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

How long before we start blasting everyone for not paying Ryan Jensen?

I think we should actually be more talking about how we've done literally nothing to replace Jensen after seeing what he provided this team last year. He got a ridiculous contract from the Bucs that'll net us back a 3rd round comp pick and I don't blame Ozzie for not matching that. I do, however, blame him for doing absolutely literally nothing to sure up the C position.

• Like 1