Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think we should actually be more talking about how we've done literally nothing to replace Jensen after seeing what he provided this team last year. He got a ridiculous contract from the Bucs that'll net us back a 3rd round comp pick and I don't blame Ozzie for not matching that. I do, however, blame him for doing absolutely literally nothing to sure up the C position.

I am in this camp as well. While I liked to have kept Jensen, I acknowledge that there is a limit to what we should have paid him.

In the overall view however, we decided to pay a NT top money, a often injured CB, an older safety and a FA strong safety and another FA cornerback. On the opposite side of the ball we haven't prioritized the oline besides the Stanley pick. We have let Osemele, Wagner and Jensen go. If our defense constantly played up to its potential and what those guys are paid, we would have a better chance of winning.

Instead we once again have our patchwork offense play to a similar level as our defense. That doesn't add up.

30 minutes ago, Danand said:

I am in this camp as well. While I liked to have kept Jensen, I acknowledge that there is a limit to what we should have paid him.

In the overall view however, we decided to pay a NT top money, a often injured CB, an older safety and a FA strong safety and another FA cornerback. On the opposite side of the ball we haven't prioritized the oline besides the Stanley pick. We have let Osemele, Wagner and Jensen go. If our defense constantly played up to its potential and what those guys are paid, we would have a better chance of winning.

Instead we once again have our patchwork offense play to a similar level as our defense. That doesn't add up.

Agreed 100%. With how much money we spend on defense we shouldn't allow Andy Dalton to beat us.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

So to recap:

So Suggs blames the coaches (essentially) and Harbaugh blames the players.

If Suggs is to be believed, it points to bad coaching decisions (giving the helmet to Peanut), but no indicator of a larger problem since it appears to have been resolved by giving the helmet to Weddle at half.

If Harbaugh is to be believed, it means we have really bad players on defense who can't cover Tyler Boyd or beat the Bengals' makeshift OL.

I wonder who's telling the truth here?!

When I played, as a complete amateur in Denmark where the guys I played with was electricians, engineers, college students, construction workers etc. who did this in their spare time and we practiced 2-3 times a week for a couple of ours, we had several on both defense and offense who could call plays and line up people.

The thing that our communication would have broken down just because Mosley didn't have the green dot should both point towards coaches and players. None should be excempt from blame and honestly its just a bad excuse. If a team allows itself to be so dependent on a non-QB, thats a huge flaw and honestly amateurish

22 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The issue here is figuring out who exactly we mean by "they" lol coaches, players, etc.

Both. More so the coaches because I feel we have enough talent where we should be A LOT better than we are right now.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Legendary coach tomlin lol

I'm here for it! While its a stretch, I won't be mad if both Brown and Bell are chillin' watching the game with us on TV. icon_lol.gif

Can we get away from the bad feeling provided sincerely by the Bengals last Thursday?

1. I am happy we don’t have to travel to Denver to play the Broncos. The Broncos are stupid good playing home in December.

2. Apparently our offense has to carry this team to a greater degree than I anticipated (unless the defense bounces back), if our offense has to carry this team, we have to get the ball out FAST. What the Broncos can do up front, we can’t defend that – and oline shuffling is an option, but not an option which will help a lot. Hurry up offense and getting the ball out fast will be key I think. Also, the tight end options should have a field day, so Mark Andrews and Maxx Williams should play from the slot a lot.

3. Alex Collins have to be more involved in the passing game. What he did with his catches was far more productive than what Allen did. Get Alex Collins in space, please.

4. Defense has to show up, and Martindale has to acknowledge that Kenny Youngs speed is more important than Onwuasor or McClellans experience. In general, get speed on the field or Phillip Lindsey and Emanuel Sanders will enjoy this game

5. Broncos oline was supposed to be a weakness. Judon talked a lot in pre season about a lot of sacks, Bowser was praised, we were told about this crazy pass rush with shifts and stunts. Get off to a good start and get Keenum rattled and let Broncos play from behind. If it is the other way around, Von Miller is going to rape too much.

8 hours ago, Danand said:

Can we get away from the bad feeling provided sincerely by the Bengals last Thursday?

1. I am happy we don’t have to travel to Denver to play the Broncos. The Broncos are stupid good playing home in December.

2. Apparently our offense has to carry this team to a greater degree than I anticipated (unless the defense bounces back), if our offense has to carry this team, we have to get the ball out FAST. What the Broncos can do up front, we can’t defend that – and oline shuffling is an option, but not an option which will help a lot. Hurry up offense and getting the ball out fast will be key I think. Also, the tight end options should have a field day, so Mark Andrews and Maxx Williams should play from the slot a lot.

3. Alex Collins have to be more involved in the passing game. What he did with his catches was far more productive than what Allen did. Get Alex Collins in space, please.

4. Defense has to show up, and Martindale has to acknowledge that Kenny Youngs speed is more important than Onwuasor or McClellans experience. In general, get speed on the field or Phillip Lindsey and Emanuel Sanders will enjoy this game

5. Broncos oline was supposed to be a weakness. Judon talked a lot in pre season about a lot of sacks, Bowser was praised, we were told about this crazy pass rush with shifts and stunts. Get off to a good start and get Keenum rattled and let Broncos play from behind. If it is the other way around, Von Miller is going to rape too much.

1. Agreed, we should win this game at home.

2. Our offense needs to be more creative (not the Lamar Jackson fake sweeps way). Our routes are just bland and don't get players open.

3. There is no reason why Buck should have the same amount of touches as Collins.

4/5. I think Judon has hit his ceilings and should mainly play on first down. Bring in Timmy for 2nd/3rds. Need to have Boyle bump Von almost every passing play.

Edited by M.10.E