Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's not fair that the 49ers get this kind of interior pass rush and we're stuck with nothing

Yup. I wanted to either trade up for Bosa or take Buckner there. To be fair, I wasn’t on the Humphrey bandwagon though either. So fair is fair. And Stanley was young so the potential was there at least. Though he doesn’t seem like he’s going to get any better. 

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't know who that Browns' win meant more to. Their fan base or @wackywabbit. Darnold looked like trash. When Joe's time is up I'm so glad we don't have to deal with that BS. We already have LJ8 in house. 

I don't have a problem with Darnold. I think he's a good prospect. I just have a problem with how the media doesn't bat an eye when he goes an entire game with only 1-2 productive drives. And yet Jackson gets his viability at a QB questioned on every incompletion, even when he was moving the ball regularly in the preseason. Nothing changed yesterday.

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Nothing changed yesterday.

I think it did. You won't have to work as hard to get your point across in places like NFL General. Especially if the media takes it easy on Darnold. If that had been Jackson last night, the talk today would be "When is he converting to WR?".

58 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I think it did. You won't have to work as hard to get your point across in places like NFL General. Especially if the media takes it easy on Darnold. If that had been Jackson last night, the talk today would be "When is he converting to WR?".

A dude in NFL Gen literally blamed Tyrod for putting the Browns in position to win both the Pittsburgh and New Orleans games BUT NOT SCORING TOUCHDOWNS in those drives, and assuming that if Mayfield was playing he would've scored touchdowns and not settled for those FG's.

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Preseason: look at all this CB depth!

Now: that's the Ravens CB situation I'm used to.

It's still not even bad, tbh. We have both starters + our slot guy + a rotational guy still available.

We don't ever use more than 3 CB's to begin with. Now, if one of those guys goes down, we're screwed. But Averett shouldn't be out more than one game and Jimmy is coming back soon so I don't think it's something to be too concerned with. 

and let's not forget Anthony Levine can definitely play some slot CB for us as well.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's still not even bad, tbh. We have both starters + our slot guy + a rotational guy still available.

We don't ever use more than 3 CB's to begin with. Now, if one of those guys goes down, we're screwed. But Averett shouldn't be out more than one game and Jimmy is coming back soon so I don't think it's something to be too concerned with. 

and let's not forget Anthony Levine can definitely play some slot CB for us as well.

That's where I'm at. We don't see any real 4 CB sets, and rotation at that position is generally pretty non-existent. They get some snaps off when different sets are used and Tavon can play outside. The Ravens are fine for the moment.