Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

I had to hover over the link and look at the name in it to see who it was referring to because I was confused that why anyone would have talked about Pierce.  I was under the understanding that he hadn't been in the league for at least a couple of years

32 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

yeah i wasnt sure if it was the usual training camp hype but john brown is legit. it's only been 3 weeks but its crazy to see the difference in offense from the past few years just because of WRs.

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I have a feeling one week, probably next week, John Brown is going to put up a monster stat line. This dude is unreal. Huge steal

So my question to the both of you...

If he continues to be a beast, do we re-sign him or do you think he'll be too much money and want to leave since he's on his "Prove it" deal?

imo if he keeps his level of play and does not get seriously injured, ie misses significant time, you HAVE to offer him a 2, maybe 3 year deal with reasonable money.

Flacco and Brown have a great chemistry it seems and this team needs a deep threat with safe hands, so why not keep whats already good.
maybe try and add somebody who can succeed him in 2 or 3 years through draft (or maybe hope that is going to be Lasley?)

knowing the Ravens they'll of course let him walk and reset the WR corps once again while being unable to develop Lasley into anything.

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

imo if he keeps his level of play and does not get seriously injured, ie misses significant time, you HAVE to offer him a 2, maybe 3 year deal with reasonable money.

Flacco and Brown have a great chemistry it seems and this team needs a deep threat with safe hands, so why not keep whats already good.
maybe try and add somebody who can succeed him in 2 or 3 years through draft (or maybe hope that is going to be Lasley?)

knowing the Ravens they'll of course let him walk and reset the WR corps once again while being unable to develop Lasley into anything.

Yeah I don't think you can allow John Brown to walk if he puts up a good year. The statistics will be there, too. The WR's will be better, Flacco will be better, and the offense as a whole will be better. I don't see how we can just let something like that walk, especially given his age and (theoretical) production in the system.

Crabtree I see letting walk and same for Snead too. But John Brown is worth keeping if he keeps up this pace.

I think we should offer him a decent deal if he continues to produce, but it would need to be heavily incentive laden.

We can’t forget about his medical history and the way things ended for him in Arizona. I’m sure a team with much more money to offer him will be a willing to ignore the past problems and move forward with a sizable deal and Brown would be a fool not to partake if they do offer him crazy guarantees.