Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

14 minutes ago, Danand said:

But as Ken McKusick noted, a big reason we stack the box is to help the oline with extra blockers and chippers.

In the passing game, yes. However, it's very clearly hindering the running game. Also, you can still chip and have extra blockers in with 11 personnel and 3 WR sets with play action, etc. You don't need 3 fullbacks in the game to help out James Hurst, and if you do, you have a MASSIVE problem.

I've said this before, but I don't know if most Ravens fans appreciate enough how much better this team is a time management than the average NFL team.  It's just so frustrating watching other teams make the wrong decisions with neutral interest; I can't even imagine if it my team I was watching. Our coaching staff or whoever do it right 90%+ of the time, which is well above the norm. Biscotti or whoever made the right investment/assignment to have someone get this down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I've said this before, but I don't know if most Ravens fans appreciate enough how much better this team is a time management than the average NFL team.  It's just so frustrating watching other teams make the wrong decisions with neutral interest; I can't even imagine if it my team I was watching. Our coaching staff or whoever do it right 90%+ of the time, which is well above the norm. Biscotti or whoever made the right investment/assignment to have someone get this down.

We’ve got to give credit to Harbaugh, such a hire would be within his jurisdiction and he struggled with this as a rookie coach, but in recent memory he’s been REALLY good at it. We can’t give him flack for the bad outcomes unless we want to equally do the same for the good ones. And this was most definitely a good one.

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

Wow, took me ages to find us on the graph because I wasn't expecting, as good as this defense is, for a team to be that much of an outlier 

I'm used to Seattle and Jacksonville being that outlier, not us. But damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Also, everyone in NFL Gen acting like our defense is "alright" or not historically good is also hilarious.