Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

6 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

as a proven NFL starter i trust him more to be a halfway decent backup at LG or C than some practice squad guys they are currently trotting out. 

At right guard. I wouldn't be opposed to shifting Yanda over to left guard to start Brown at right guard, that would definitely improve the line, but the team seems extremely hesitant to move Marshal anywhere. He's dominated anywhere but if the coaching staff won't do it then it doesn't matter.

22 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

if that compensation demand is all it takes for Collins Ozzie better is on the line with NY. can't offer a 2nd but maybe a 3rd and... Bowser?

We wouldn't - or at least shouldn't -  throw more big money at the safety position this offseason and he's about to be a FA, and we're not exactly in a 'one piece away' situation right now. I'm glad we didn't give up a high draft pick for a rental. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, berlin calling said:

they have the money to extend him next offseason though and it is going to be hard to find a better successor to Weddle in the draft.

The point is, though, why wouldn’t Collins want to test the open market to maximize his money? Especially considering there would be no such inkling of a loyalty discount, we would compete with everyone else and even if we offered the best deal, there’s no guarantee that he might not find other places more attractive. Thus such a trade would make no sense. Especially considering we have Weddle for one more season under contract and we have young safeties like Chuck Clark and Deshon Elliot that could easily replace Tony Jefferson if we cut him this offseason (which I see as likely).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think now would be the time to make the change to Jackson. Bye week followed by 2 weak defenses at home. We need something to spark us. We can protect Joe’s trade value

What trade value? You might as well tank this season to get us a higher draft pick and keep continuing to let Jackson sit and develop in practices.

49 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I think now would be the time to make the change to Jackson. Bye week followed by 2 weak defenses at home. We need something to spark us. We can protect Joe’s trade value

I think if we bench joe now, we destroy his trade value. Of course there is a risk playing him as he could get injured, but letting him finish the season and if he plays at the same rate as of now, it would make sense for another team to move a 3rd for him and give him a 2-3 year contract renewal.