Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

don't think that may had an impact on Flaccos TD / INT percentage? i am critical of Flacco myself and call him out for poor technique and lazy decision making but it's been a common theme to call out the Ravens for not giving him any help whatsoever on this very forum.

whatever man. both will be out of the league soon. go ask Redskin fans how Smith is doing in WAS.

To everybodys huge surprise, Orlando Brown has looked good in the past 3 games and more than held his own. There was a point, that Brown also received less help than Hurst did when he manned the position, which further looks like the coaching staff made a bad decision there.

If Brown can keep it up we might be able to strengthen the oline by moving Hurst back to LG - then we only have to figure out what to do at center.

In other news, it seems Dixon needs to be reinstated by the league again. If he has gotten in to some kind of trouble again, I can not see any reason why we just don't cut him and be done with him.

43 minutes ago, Danand said:

To everybodys huge surprise, Orlando Brown has looked good in the past 3 games and more than held his own. There was a point, that Brown also received less help than Hurst did when he manned the position, which further looks like the coaching staff made a bad decision there.

If Brown can keep it up we might be able to strengthen the oline by moving Hurst back to LG - then we only have to figure out what to do at center.

In other news, it seems Dixon needs to be reinstated by the league again. If he has gotten in to some kind of trouble again, I can not see any reason why we just don't cut him and be done with him.

In what seems like a no-brainer decision, I'm sure Harbaugh will find a way to move Hurst back to RT and then like rotate him and Zeus in. Seems like the Harbaugh thing to do.

Otherwise, just like we helped out Zeus at RT with Yanda and TE's, we can try to have Yanda/Hurst help Skura in the middle. Regardless, if that's our OL moving forward (which it damn well should be!), then yeah all we have to replace is C and then Yanda in a couple of years (kill me).

8 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

anybody know what Ricard did do get a total of 9 snaps (not counting ST). seems like he is the newest member to Harbaughs dog house?

He wasn't even active a couple weeks ago. The running games woes are beyond Ricard's help, so the team must feel he's of less use now.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I hope this is just lip service to keep other teams on their toes. Cause, I hate the idea. It's a disservice to both QBs and the Offense. Going full gimmick like that would be a good stamp on Harbaugh's possibly final season with the club. 

Some will certainly interpret this as a desperation move

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I hope this is just lip service to keep other teams on their toes. Cause, I hate the idea. It's a disservice to both QBs and the Offense. Going full gimmick like that would be a good stamp on Harbaugh's possibly final season with the club. 

That is a horrible idea.

13 hours ago, drd23 said:

That is a horrible idea.

I disagree. Maybe not so much a whole series, but I'd love to see him utilized in much the same way the Saints use Taysom Hill, where he will be in there for 2-3 plays at a time to keep the defense on their toes. Jackson's one play stints where he comes in and gets a yard do virtually nothing for our offense as is, he can only help the offense by seeing the field more, given his role.

10 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I disagree. Maybe not so much a whole series, but I'd love to see him utilized in much the same way the Saints use Taysom Hill, where he will be in there for 2-3 plays at a time to keep the defense on their toes. Jackson's one play stints where he comes in and gets a yard do virtually nothing for our offense as is, he can only help the offense by seeing the field more, given his role.

Jackson's averaging 5 ypc.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Jackson's averaging 5 ypc.

On average, yes. My point he's coming in for boom or bust plays at the moment. We see multiple instances where he'll gain MAYBE a yard, but then break off one long run for 15-20 yards or two runs for 10 yards in a game to boost his overall average. Giving him consecutive plays to build a rhythm and gain positive yardage can only help, imo.

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

We did that this last game.

On the 1st and 4th Offensive drives, Lamar had 2 consecutive plays. Each time that second consecutive play resulted in a loss of yards.

- A fumble between he and Gus Edwards that was his fault

- An RPO Fake/Designed Run on the 4 yard line- that was one of the game's worst plays

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

We did that this last game.

On the 1st and 4th Offensive drives, Lamar had 2 consecutive plays. Each time that second consecutive play resulted in a loss of yards.

- A fumble between he and Gus Edwards that was his fault

- An RPO Fake/Designed Run on the 4 yard line- that was one of the game's worst plays

Heh, did not realize that. I guess my only reply to that is, experience can only help? xD

• Like 1