Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

31 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Crabtree has been garbage this year.

He's definitely been the worst of the 3, and probably hasn't earned the Target Share Flacco gives him. He's done more than I thought he would though....sans the drops, I knew the kid would bring those in numbers. 

Just now, DreamKid said:

He's definitely been the worst of the 3, and probably hasn't earned the Target Share Flacco gives him. He's done more than I thought he would though....sans the drops, I knew the kid would bring those in numbers. 

I would still say that if John Brown and Snead weren't producing like they are, we would be bringing more attention to just how useless/bad Crabtree has been.

2 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would still say that if John Brown and Snead weren't producing like they are, we would be bringing more attention to just how useless/bad Crabtree has been.

It really would be crazy to have a true #1 that just catches every target. I'm always thinking of far fetched trade scenarios where we steal Nuk from the Texans. :ph34r:

Oh well, we have some bad Pass Ds coming up on the schedule. We should see a nice jump in production. 

If this is the end - it was a hell of an era.

5086392.jpg

- The Flacco era Ravens have played in 15 Playoff Games. Making the Tourney 6 out of 10 Seasons.

- Winning 10 Playoff Games & Losing 5.

- All 5 Losses occurred on the Road.

- All 5 Losses were to Hall of Fame Quarterbacks- Tom Brady X2, Peyton Manning 1, Ben Roethlisberger X2.

- The AVG. Margin of Defeat in those Losses was 8 Points. (All were 9 Points or under with the exception of the 09' 17 Point loss to the Colts)

- All the teams who beat the Ravens were either the eventual Super Bowl Champions(2) or Super Bowl Runner Up(3).

- 7 of the 10 Playoff Wins were Road Victories, 2 were Home Victories, and 1 was a Neutral Victory(Super Bowl).

- The AVG. Margin of Victory in the Wins was 12 Points.

- The Ravens Played in 3 AFC Championships and Won 1 Super Bowl, Joe Flacco was named MVP. 

- Joe Flacco's 2012 Postseason is considered one of the Greatest of All Time- 73-of-126 (57.9 percent) passes for 1,140 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions.

- Joe Flacco's 2010s Playoff Stat Line:  196 Completions 327 Attempts 2,563 Yards 24 Touchdowns 4 Interceptions 104.6 Passer Rating

Joe Flacco's NFL Records

- First rookie quarterback to win two playoff games

- Most wins by a quarterback in first seven seasons: 72 (regular season only)

- Second-most combined regular and postseason wins in first three years as a quarterback: 36 (tied with Dan Marino)

- First quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons (Russell Wilson tied record)

- Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner)

- Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana)

- First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason

- Most consecutive Playoff Games with at least two passing touchdowns: 8

- Most consecutive Playoff Games with at least three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers)

- Most consecutive Road Playoff Games with at least 1 passing touchdown: 7 (tied with Donovan McNabb and Brett Favre)

- Most consecutive Road Playoff Games with at least 2 passing touchdowns: 5

- Fastest quarterback to record five touchdowns in a game: 16:03

- Most road playoff wins for a quarterback: 7 (tied with Eli Manning) 

john_kennedy_salute_1963.jpg

• Like 4

On 11/11/2018 at 1:24 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah man after watching Joe Flacco be a bottom 5 QB for the past 5 years I don't know if we'll ever see something better than that in my lifetime.

As crappy as he has been these last 5 years, he's still the best QB to ever have donned a Ravens uniform. And whatever happens from here, I'll forever be grateful for his time in Baltimore, culminating in a Super Bowl victory.

Honestly, I have never loved football more than in those first 5 years where each successive year we found a way to make the playoffs and build on top of what we had done the year before. I don't think it'll get any better than that in terms of football, at least in my lifetime.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

As crappy as he has been these last 5 years, he's still the best QB to ever have donned a Ravens uniform. And whatever happens from here, I'll forever be grateful for his time in Baltimore, culminating in a Super Bowl victory.

Honestly, I have never loved football more than in those first 5 years where each successive year we found a way to make the playoffs and build on top of what we had done the year before. I don't think it'll get any better than that in terms of football, at least in my lifetime.

I remember when Seahawks fans were like "We'll never see anyone better than Matt Hasselbeck in a Seahawks uniform" and then Russell Wilson came along.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I remember when Seahawks fans were like "We'll never see anyone better than Matt Hasselbeck in a Seahawks uniform" and then Russell Wilson came along.

Oh, my sentiment at the end there wasn't to say I don't think we'll ever see a better QB in terms of talent in our lifetime, cause given the last 5 years that bar isn't exactly insurmountable. I just meant in terms of an amazing team you loved to watch and were invested in 110% because of the cast of characters (Ray, Reed, Suggs, Webb, Boldin, Torrey, etc.), of which Joe was the leader of, I don't think it'll get better than those teams we fielded from 2008-2012.

10 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Oh, my sentiment at the end there wasn't to say I don't think we'll ever see a better QB in terms of talent in our lifetime, cause given the last 5 years that bar isn't exactly insurmountable. I just meant in terms of an amazing team you loved to watch and were invested in 110% because of the cast of characters (Ray, Reed, Suggs, Webb, Boldin, Torrey, etc.), of which Joe was the leader of, I don't think it'll get better than those teams we fielded from 2008-2012.

Don't justify yourself to him. When the final pieces of the Legion Of Boom face the ends of their career, as a Seahawks fan, he'll look back fondly.

One of the best parts of that run of ours was how we were the foil to the Patriots. We did it our way - with our guys. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Don't justify yourself to him. When the final pieces of the Legion Of Boom face the ends of their career, as a Seahawks fan, he'll look back fondly.

One of the best parts of that run of ours was how we were the foil to the Patriots. We did it our way - with our guys. 

You mean week 3 of this year? Yeah it was a great run for that defense but it'd be like looking back on the Legion of Boom and going "man I'm gonna really remember that team for Jeremy Lane". That's what it feels like looking back on the Ray Lewis and Ed Reed days and appreciating Joe Flacco.

But also I just thought he was specifically talking about the QB by itself. The teams we fielded from 2008 - 2012 were absolutely fun to watch, at least on defense and when we gave the ball to Ray Rice.

14 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You mean week 3 of this year? Yeah it was a great run for that defense but it'd be like looking back on the Legion of Boom and going "man I'm gonna really remember that team for Jeremy Lane". That's what it feels like looking back on the Ray Lewis and Ed Reed days and appreciating Joe Flacco.

You're just lucky the defense collapsed in that 2014 Playoff game against the Patriots. Otherwise, the Ravens would have cruised to the Super Bowl and crushed those little hoes on your Seahawks D. 

I can't imagine the kind of mental state that would have triggered. Count your blessings.