Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

There's THREE, 3, OF US!!!! I think he is perfectly fine. We just need to find a nice complement to him (don't think Buck is it).

I draw the line at replacing Buck Allen. How dare you, sir. He is a fine individual.

Honestly if we're going to move forward, I think Collins could be a fine piece as either a primary tail back or a change of pace back, but we definitely need something more out of our passing game from the RB's. Buck Allen provided that in 2015 but ever since then we haven't really done much to get him mismatches over the middle with linebackers OR maybe he's just not able to separate from them.

Well, since we’re seemingly drawing lines in the sand, I’m leading the train for getting a premier RB option. No way will I ever settle for a RB that fumbles 1/70 touches. Then throw in his below average pass blocking and receiving ability (in terms of YAC and route running) and his lack of dominance as a runner and you’re left with a back that is a one trick pony that has just as much potential to benefit the team as the opposite.

I’d much rather keep Buck Allen over Collins as a “secondary option” in the event that we improve the OL. He’s going to get what the line blocks for, is reliable in the passing game, doesn’t typically turn the ball over, and is a a solid pass blocker. We can have a back go down and he can get us by for a few games, but we know he lacks the burst and playmaking gene to be a stud. I’d rather pair him with a stud than to settle for a pretender.

🤷🏽‍♀️🤷‍♂️

Remember PFF's Offensive Line grades are some of their most questionable, really hit and miss, with Center leading the charge imo. Still, just at face value for them to have scored that many pressures against Jensen is pretty interesting.

A major concern Raven fans had over resigning Jensen was the possibility of him being a flash in the pan, One (contract)Year (kind of)Wonder. I mean he wasn't an Elite or even Great player for us, but he was good solid center with a sturdy anchor, strong movement skills, and dog mentality. We all saw the contract he got as a massive overpay and sharp commentary on the demand for above average offensive lineman. 

TB-Buccaneers-Header.png

We’re only eight games in, but Ryan Jensen already looks like one of the worst free agent signings of the offseason. At the time he signed his four-year, $42 million deal, it was a head-scratcher and makes even less sense now. The former Ravens center was coming off a paltry career-high 71.4 overall grade and has been even worse in Tampa Bay. His 53.8 grade is one of the lowest at the position, and his 15 pressures allowed is already more than last season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2018-nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-teams-units-after-week-9

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah we straight up conned TB by letting him walk and taking that deal and now we're gonna get a sweet, sweet comp. pick in return.

I always go by the "Cell Phone Rule". Players gotta be good for two years before I give credit/want to pay them. Too many players can have one good year.

Just as with any other type of player, olines depend on the scheme they play in. Just like Zuttah went from serviceable to bad, Jensen could move from good to bad if they want him to do things he is not capable of. I still believe Jensen could have been a good resigning for us, at least to keep the olines consistency instead of the roster shuffle we had this year that didn't work.

35 minutes ago, Danand said:

I still believe Jensen could have been a good resigning for us, at least to keep the olines consistency instead of the roster shuffle we had this year that didn't work.

Yea, it's unfortunate we couldn't retain him. I was hoping he would go for a 1 year prove it kind of deal. I had no idea there was that kind of $ out there for him. We certainly downgraded from him to Skura. Oh well, hopefully the team takes the comp pick + the extra money and gets it done in the off season.