Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

I know it doesn't really mean anything but it's kind of cool to have a player on the team again who non-Ravens fans are excited about. I have buddies who have been texting me about Lamar all week and there is legitimate national intrigue around the Ravens for the first time in a long time. Obviously all of that goes away if Lamar is a bust but the flipside of this is that we are gonna be really friggin fun if he's not. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I know it doesn't really mean anything but it's kind of cool to have a player on the team again who non-Ravens fans are excited about. I have buddies who have been texting me about Lamar all week and there is legitimate national intrigue around the Ravens for the first time in a long time. Obviously all of that goes away if Lamar is a bust but the flipside of this is that we are gonna be really friggin fun if he's not. 

Danes are a pretty grounded in general, and call it skeptical or just a love for basic football, but Lamar Jackson doesn't have near the same hype in Denmark. 

My greatest hope is, that he will be able to use his mobility to move in the pocket better than Flacco has. At worst we get the Blake Bortles version, just more athletic.

17 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Every so often on Reddit I post in random threads and people respond to me out of the blue about Lamar. It's weird but I agree it's exciting to finally have someone who outsiders are excited about. Haven't had that since....???

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Every so often on Reddit I post in random threads and people respond to me out of the blue about Lamar. It's weird but I agree it's exciting to finally have someone who outsiders are excited about. Haven't had that since....???

Ed Reed maybe?

Edited by M.10.E

34 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Ed Reed maybe?

Yeah, Ed Reed is probably the last guy we had who really got non-Ravens fans excited in a big way. You could argue Ray Lewis but he was far more polarizing whereas Ed was sort of universally adored and more fun to watch in a direct way.  

It'd be even bigger if Lamar works out given he's a QB - just look at how quickly Kansas City has turned into a center of the league universe because of Mahomes after being an afterthought even when they were good. Lamar has that superstar potential, both in terms of skillset and attitude, that could really be transformative for the franchise. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

20 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm actually going through a similar experience. My friends want to know my thoughts and if I'm excited. As a Ravens fan, I'm so conditioned to want to fly under the radar. I find I hate attention around the Ravens. Like it's bad luck or something lol.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Thoughts?

The Variance ranking isn't in anyway surprising. 

What jumps out is how we have the same pressure %, but our Pass Defense is so much better. Thank our CBs for that. 

Judon being a non factor and lacking an interior rush presence dragged our % hard. 

On 11/14/2018 at 4:14 PM, DreamKid said:

Yea, it's unfortunate we couldn't retain him. I was hoping he would go for a 1 year prove it kind of deal. I had no idea there was that kind of $ out there for him. We certainly downgraded from him to Skura. Oh well, hopefully the team takes the comp pick + the extra money and gets it done in the off season. 

Yeah, the comp pick will certainly come in handy this offseason with us having traded our 2nd round pick to move up for Lamar. Hopefully it’ll net us a 3rd round pick, but we do well with drafting in the 4th round so I won’t hate that either.

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Only names I would throw in the hat would be: Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders, Chris McAlister, Todd Heap, Ray Rice.

But I can also see counter arguments against most of those names as well.

For the Alex Collins discussion-

Top 5 Juke Rates Rating Among NFL Runningbacks

(Juke Rate – isolates a running back’s elusiveness and tackle-breaking power by charting the number of broken, missed, and otherwise avoided tackles, and then dividing by the total number of touches (carries + receptions).)

1. Marshawn Lynch- 45.7%

2. Alex Collins- 37.7%

3. Saquon Barkley- 36.8%

4. Nick Chubb- 36.4%

5. Royce Freeman- 36%

I'm a little troubled by Chris Moore's target share. 

Moore has 15 targets on the year, while Breshad Perriman has 10. Breshad has played in 4 games this year and Chris Moore 9. 

We've thrown the ball more than any other team......

You can make the argument quite easily that Moore is the second biggest game breaker we have on the team behind John Brown. He creates separation, makes the contested catch, is good after the catch, and has developed a nice rapport with Flacco.

He's developed a beautiful and lethal release from the Slot. That we've taken advantage of, maybe twice.

On a team that's starving for big plays, it's puzzling that he hasn't been put in more of a position to deliver them. I understand that he's behind 3 other players who have had their moments of success this year, but Post Bye that arrangement needs some consideration imo. Chris Moore's presence can effect a defense more than Crabtree's can at this point. He has the speed to take the top off of a Defense and could open up things for our Tight Ends even more. 

I believe Moore can be a breakout player for this team if given the opportunity. Let's hope he gets it.