Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Vedvik waived again. Holy cow.

Honestly feel bad for the guy. All these front office/coaches are foolish. There’s no way a guy kicks for your team for a week and feels comfortable enough to make it happen in the middle of a football game in an alien environment. Vedvik might actually have a chance once a team commits to him for a bit of time.

... Or maybe he’s just terrible. But either way, feel like none of these staffs have a plan in place. They’re just flying by the seat of their pants here.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Honestly feel bad for the guy. All these front office/coaches are foolish. There’s no way a guy kicks for your team for a week and feels comfortable enough to make it happen in the middle of a football game in an alien environment. Vedvik might actually have a chance once a team commits to him for a bit of time.

... Or maybe he’s just terrible. But either way, feel like none of these staffs have a plan in place. They’re just flying by the seat of their pants here.

Really, I mean he was never supposed to be a Kicker full time. We all thought when he first showed up that his future would be at Punter and as an added bonus he could kick FGs in a pinch. It sucks everyone is dogging him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The fact that Hurst is already an afterthought among the fan base would be a much larger story if Mark Andrews wasn't such a stud and there wasn't so much other focus on the offense. He's looking like a major bust for a 1st round/1st pick selection that we passed over Derwin James for.

Obviously I’m sure by now you know it’s not Derwin James for Hurst straight up? But James + 5th = Andrews, Hurst, Young, Bozeman, Senat, Scott.

Throw in the fact that James wasn’t durable in college and is now out for the season, I’m completely fine with that trade. 

I think Andrews has shown a fringe All Pro/pro bowl skillset and a high level TE has become worth more than most All Pro safeties, if only because this is an offense driven league.

Throw in the rest of the collateral and that trade was a very good deal. The true decision in question is whether Hayden Hurst + Jaleel Scott = DJ Moore. Or if Hurst = Ridley. Those are the decisions that in retrospect I question most. Though having arguably the best, deepest TE groups in the league might be worth something more than the credit I give it. We’ll see if Hurst can string together some explosive showings this year to put our doubts to rest.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Aaron Colvin just got cut by Houston. He was really good as a slot corner with Jacksonville two years ago, so he might be a guy who fits as a Tavon replacement. But he was also bad last year and unspeakably bad last night. But with us also being down Jimmy at this point wonder if we take a look. 

He was teammates with Jefferson in college. I don't know if they want to drop anyone for him though. Maybe Alaka or Trawick.

33 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Ryan Jensen getting in a shoving match and drawing a 15 yard unnecessary roughness by his ex-teammate Gerald McCoy.

Some things never change.

Yup. But I’m glad we got rid of that guy. He just annoys me. I don’t think that’s playing tough and with a mean streak. I think he plays average center ball and just tries to get into the head of his opponent by playing dirty.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. But I’m glad we got rid of that guy. He just annoys me. I don’t think that’s playing tough and with a mean streak. I think he plays average center ball and just tries to get into the head of his opponent by playing dirty.

He calls it "Being the Mosquito". Doing something to annoy and agitate the opposition every down, every play, every second. That coupled with his play past the whistle mentality has quickly made him one of the most hated players in the league. Mike Wallace talked about it when he was here and said something like "We all like Ryan he's one of us, our friend, a Raven. He's a $*ck though". That kind of sums it up.

Edited by DreamKid

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Random thought after last night, but Cam Newton is the passer that everyone thinks Lamar Jackson is. Guy is legitimately not good at throwing footballs accurately.

To be honest, he’s looked better. After living in Carolina last year and watching more of their games than I’d like... he was a beast.

But last night, Cam looked Josh Allen bad. No touch on his passes whatsoever. The downward velocity on his throws seems new as well unless I just wasn’t paying attention to his throwing method before because it was getting to his targets. But yeah, he was terrible yesterday. He’s clearly not healthy and it looked like he was overcompensating with an adjust technique. 

6 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

To be honest, he’s looked better. After living in Carolina last year and watching more of their games than I’d like... he was a beast.

But last night, Cam looked Josh Allen bad. No touch on his passes whatsoever. The downward velocity on his throws seems new as well unless I just wasn’t paying attention to his throwing method before because it was getting to his targets. But yeah, he was terrible yesterday. He’s clearly not healthy and it looked like he was overcompensating with an adjust technique. 

Everything I watched of him last year (during his rib injury or was that the year before?) was the same. His mechanics are trash, his throws (especially to the right) are woefully bad, and his ball has a weird downward trajectory to it.