Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Man we really had some battles with Ben over the years. Hate the dude's guts which in a lot of ways made him the even more ideal villain/rival. Ravens/Steelers will be weird without him. 

I more despise him due to what he's been accused of on more than one occasion. So in reality, don't really care that he's out for the year. May sound cold but I really don't care to say it publicly, he's a piece of garbage. 

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Roethlisberger is done for the year so you can remove Pittsburgh from AFCN contention. It's basically us and the Browns (pending their inevitable implosion)

Don't be so sure. I mean, remember when they lost AB and everyone explained how that actually makes them a stronger club. Maybe this is a similar addition by subtraction situation. 

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Roethlisberger is done for the year so you can remove Pittsburgh from AFCN contention. It's basically us and the Browns (pending their inevitable implosion)

Not ready to go there. Given Ben's age I'm not positive their is going to be a big difference with Rudolph in there. Rudolph was a very good prospect and he's polished. He's already functional+. In fact I'm pretty sure I made a case for the Ravens to take him in the first*. The rest of that roster is good enough, especially on the lines, to keep that a competitive team.

*To be clear I was 100% draft Lamar, but at that point, I thought for sure that he would go top 10 and Rudolph would be our only QB option later in the first.

Search is fun:

On 4/24/2018 at 1:39 PM, wackywabbit said:

Hot-take: I can get behind Mason Rudolph, even at 16. He was definitely not what I expected when watching his video. I see a legit pro-style QB who happened to be playing in a spread offense. He looks better holding the ball, staying alive in the pocket, and delivering the ball after reading the defense than he does on the no-read, timing quick throws. All the tools are there: accuracy, arm strength, "functional" athleticism and size. It'd still much prefer Lamar Jackson, but if you wanted a more traditional offense, I can see how this guy could go much higher than people expect.

Glad I put the "I'm still loyal to Lamar" qualifier in there though :D

fully expect the Cro Magnonan to be back next season. Not in the best interest for the team but he always was a me-first guy.

Tomlin very clearly hung his fate on BR so the only question is, will the operation cut lose of both and reset or hang on for memories of what promised to be one of the dominating squads if the '10s. only to actually never bring a lombardy home which is very satisfying for a Ravens fan.

hope they hang on to Ben for the remainder of his contract, it'll be hilarious watching him having to take second fiddle to somebody else as he very clearly isn't a person to take this any good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/09/16/marquise-brown-is-the-unnamed-player-in-antonio-browns-rape-lawsuit/amp/

Hollywood was present for one of the accused sexual assaults. He is not accused of any wrong doing and will be questioned by the league. His interview is being viewed as him just providing details on the events of the evening. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

He's been a bit of a headcase so it would be a gamble but he's worth making a run at. Whether we're talking long term or short term, the road to a championship is gonna include going through Pat Mahomes (not to mention Brady for likely at least the next 2 years) and making a run at Jalen is the kind of move that maximizes our championship window during Lamar's rookie contract. I feel fairly confident our locker room and coaching staff can handle him and he's already spoken highly of Lamar in the past. If we're talking about giving up high draft capital for a corner like was being discussed with Fitzpatrick, my view is that we'd better be doing it for an All-Pro talent, and Ramsey is that. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

He's been a bit of a headcase so it would be a gamble but he's worth making a run at. Whether we're talking long term or short term, the road to a championship is gonna include going through Pat Mahomes (not to mention Brady for likely at least the next 2 years) and making a run at Jalen is the kind of move that maximizes our championship window during Lamar's rookie contract. I feel fairly confident our locker room and coaching staff can handle him and he's already spoken highly of Lamar in the past. If we're talking about giving up high draft capital for a corner like was being discussed with Fitzpatrick, my view is that we'd better be doing it for an All-Pro talent, and Ramsey is that. 

100% worth it. DeCosta has to see how easy of a decision this is. 

Nearly all of our Offensive core is on Rookie deals. I would gladly give both Ramsey and, when it's time, Marlon- max contracts.

Going forward, a CB core of Ramsey-Young-Humphrey.....my god.

I said it all along, Ngakue or Ramsey. And it looks like Ramsey is making himself available. Pull the trigger EDC.

4 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

100% worth it. DeCosta has to see how easy of a decision this is. 

Nearly all of our Offensive core is on Rookie deals. I would gladly give both Ramsey and, when it's time, Marlon- max contracts.

Going forward, a CB core of Ramsey-Young-Humphrey.....my god.

I said it all along, Ngakue or Ramsey. And it looks like Ramsey is making himself available. Pull the trigger EDC.

I'm beyond okay with dumping off a 1st and 3rd for this man. He's a generational talent. I want this to get done badly. 

• Like 1