Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Two 1sts? No. A 1st and a 2nd? Steep, but I'm cool. A 1st and a 3rd? Sounds fair. A 1st and a 4th? Robbery. A 1st and a player? Depends, but likely fine.

Ramsey just fits the team so perfectly right now. I really hope we land him. Not only would we be adding an Elite talent, but I think you'd see an energy added to the defense that would be palpable. If this goes through the fans are going to lose their minds. His debut game at M&T against the Browns and their WRs will be massive lol.

I think Seattle will offer the two 1sts. Their secondary is terrible and Metcalf is the only good player they've drafted in years so it's not like they're treating their picks like gold like we are.

I agree with you though our swag on defense would be insane. Ramsey is the dawg that would completely put us over the top.

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 1

Can't forget how physical Ramsey is either, another reason he's perfect for us. Him, Marlon, and Tavon would be the most imposing CB trio maybe to ever play, or at least in the last 30 years(Some DBs were legit killers in the old old days of the game). With his length too, you just know he's going to be popping balls up in the air consistently- and we have Earl Thomas back there to capitalize. Then you have guys like DeShon Elliot and Chuck Clark lurking, waiting for their shot. It's hard to not get excited at the prospect of this all coming together.

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Love Billick, but this man is easily the greatest coach in the history of this franchise. And I think when it's all said and done, should go down as probably one of the top 5 greatest coaches in the history of the sport. Truly a remarkable career and unparalleled willingness to adapt to the continuously evolving landscape of the NFL.

Yeah, if Lamar can do what I believe he’s capable of doing and win 2 SBs in his career, that would give Harbs 3 and I’d have to think there’s a very short list of coaches that have achieved that.

12 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

I think Seattle will offer the two 1sts. Their secondary is terrible and Metcalf is the only good player they've drafted in years so it's not like they're treating their picks like gold like we are.

Aren't Seattle still an almost exclusively Cover 3 defense?

If so, considering that a large part of Ramsey reportedly being upset with the coaching staff is because they put him in too much zone coverage, I can't imagine he'd be all that happy in Seattle, and 2 first's for a near on 2 year rental is an awfully steep price to pay

Jets and Trumaine Johnson seem to be in a bit of turmoil. I haven't followed his career very closely but know he's a good corner. Has his play dipped a lot since the big deal? 

Is he worth a or 6th round flyer? Even with the big contract. Sort of like a short term fix? If anyone is more familiar with him, please feel free to fill me in. 

18 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Jets and Trumaine Johnson seem to be in a bit of turmoil. I haven't followed his career very closely but know he's a good corner. Has his play dipped a lot since the big deal? 

Is he worth a or 6th round flyer? Even with the big contract. Sort of like a short term fix? If anyone is more familiar with him, please feel free to fill me in. 

If you're paying a guy 70 million dollars to sit on the bench, chances are he sucks, a lot.

Edited by M.10.E

Skip brought up some very good points that I hadn’t considered entirely. While Ramsey is a beast and would elevate our defense, some of what he has done such as mention firing the defensive staff (to the media) and generally venting everything outside of the organization makes this more and more of a no-go to me.

I’m still in with a 1st, but beyond that I’m thinking a 4th/5th conditional. 

Ramsey has not been an accountable player, just a talented one. This isn’t the case of a potentially misunderstood personality IMO. The comments after draft day about the Cowboys, the comments about firing his coaches, the multiple fights with WRs leading to ejections. All of these things have shown a pattern. And I don’t think it’ll get any better once he gets paid.

Maybe it’s better to sneak a trade in for Yannick while the attention is on Ramsey.

On the topic of trades, if we do get past the next couple of weeks still looking like contenders, then I wonder if any consideration will be given to trading for a wide receiver. We may end up in a position where it seems like Boykin is still trying to find his feet in the NFL a bit and it may be asking too much of him to accelerate his development in his rookie year to coinicide with what we want to be a real playoff run. 

Two guys that stick out to me as potential trade targets are Emmanuel Sanders and AJ Green, both of whom are in their contract years and are playing on bad teams that may be willing to punt the season and play their young guys if they keep losing. In Green's case it may be trickier given he's in the division but if the Bengals are sitting at something like 0-4 or 1-5 and we make a good offer, they may just go for it. We could give our offense a big boost by bringing in a player like that midseason and get ourselves ready to compete in January, while still holding a spot for a more developed Boykin to step into a leading role in the offense next year if he develops. Worth considering.  

7 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

On the topic of trades, if we do get past the next couple of weeks still looking like contenders, then I wonder if any consideration will be given to trading for a wide receiver. We may end up in a position where it seems like Boykin is still trying to find his feet in the NFL a bit and it may be asking too much of him to accelerate his development in his rookie year to coinicide with what we want to be a real playoff run. 

Two guys that stick out to me as potential trade targets are Emmanuel Sanders and AJ Green, both of whom are in their contract years and are playing on bad teams that may be willing to punt the season and play their young guys if they keep losing. In Green's case it may be trickier given he's in the division but if the Bengals are sitting at something like 0-4 or 1-5 and we make a good offer, they may just go for it. We could give our offense a big boost by bringing in a player like that midseason and get ourselves ready to compete in January, while still holding a spot for a more developed Boykin to step into a leading role in the offense next year if he develops. Worth considering.  

I'm hard pressed to believe that the Bengals would trade AJ Green within the division. Especially to us. Would I want that? Heck yeah. Sanders is a good option too. The next few weeks will be telling, that's for sure. 

12 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Anyone else mildy surprised/kind of happy for the early success Z'darius Smith is having in Green Bay? Would be nice to see at least one former Raven not completely drop off the face of the earth after parlaying their time in Baltimore into a big contract elsewhere.

I live in Wisconsin and actively root against the Packers, so not really? Selfish but *shrugs*

Edited by M.10.E

2 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

To secure him from within the division it would probably require a 1st round pick. Would be a steep price to pay. But I do have an affinity for hungry veterans, if the team were convinced that he could be that then I would be down for it for sure.

He’s 31 years old and hasn’t had any significant career postseason success. But I still would have to imagine some other team would offer the same package if we were. Perhaps the Seahawks would be a better destination.