Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

On 7.12.2019 at 5:58 AM, diamondbull424 said:

Random, but I was just thinking to myself what AJ Green could do for this offense if we signed him as a FA. Random pipe dream, I know. But it would be great. Perhaps Peko could help recruit him.

i wouldn't want to invest a lot in a guy who's body seemingly is giving in. not to take anything away from him skill-wise but he played 9 games over the last 2 seasons.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Moose85 said:

I was at the Bills vs Ravens game and noticed that NFL films was filming the Ravens the whole time and not even any of the Bills players. Does anyone know if they are planning a series like All or Nothing on Amazon Prime or HBO?

Looks like the Eagles are the ones who All or Nothing are following this year https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/lights-camera-eagles-amazon-prime-all-or-nothing-nfl-films-football-20191029.html

Maybe you just saw the NFL Films guys that film for the NFL's "Wired" series.  Or maybe there are extra crews for those that might end up in an episode of American's Game

• Like 1

I don't believe players get rusty by having a few weeks with less punishment. Getting a bye week and the possibility of having a week 17 where we can rest some starters is what we should strive for.

Now, we are 1 game ahead of New England. Does anyone know if we can clinch a 1. seed if we win the next two games, so we can rest starters week 17?

3 hours ago, Danand said:

So essentially a win against the Jets and Steelers would have us win a tie break? I know there is some interest in letting Lamar get some records, but I prefer to rest him in a final game then.

He should realistically set HIS record against the Jets. He’s only like 30 yards away from Vick now. So that’s probably 2-3 runs.

I still don’t like the prospect of sitting him for the entire last game. I think there’s some valuable information that can be gleaned. Even if it’s just 4 series or so. Though you’re probably right. Sitting him might be the way to go. Though the other side to that is how confident are we that RG3 can make it through an entire regular season game healthy?

6 hours ago, Danand said:

So essentially a win against the Jets and Steelers would have us win a tie break? I know there is some interest in letting Lamar get some records, but I prefer to rest him in a final game then.

In a super wild scenario, I think we could clinch this week, too. Hear me out folks!

Ravens SHOULD be able to clinch HFA IF:

1. Ravens win + NE loss + Chiefs loss

We own the tie breakers over NE and the Bills via H2H. The Texans and the best the Titans or anyone else can finish is 11-5 or 10-6