Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

Even if we blast them, the fans will still bring up last game because that's how embarrassing their fan base is. They cling on to small victories because that's the closest they've been to a Super Bowl victory in their sad existence. 

Don't care. I might risk a lil 2 week ban going into their board. We wont play for a few weeks if we win.

6 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I can't imagine the real estate you actually cover mass wise with that many posts in a football forum. Do you work? Or move your body? 

On to personal attacks, damn...

The butt frustration is strong with this one 😂 

5 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

How have things gone since you came spouting your mouth off in here 10 weeks ago. Remember? When you acted like y'all just won back2back SB's. It looks good on y'all. 

So sensitive 😂  I can almost hear you muttering with frustration as you type.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

On to personal attacks, damn...

The butt frustration is strong with this one 😂 

So sensitive 😂  I can almost hear you muttering with frustration as you type.

You know trying to convince yourself somebody is typing vociferously isn't healthy right? You personally attacked my city's education system last we talked. Now you're pouting about that. 

You're simply this afternoons entertainment. All I have to do is like one of your posts and you come out of your hole and cry. 

What is butt frustration? 

The isn't and has never been the clever rebuke some people think it is. It's passive aggressive, agenda driven, and overall valueless commentary. And that's why you never see this logic applied to any other draft selections across the league.

We knew where Lamar's stock was at, how he was valued by the 31 other clubs, and when to pull the trigger on him. That's why we get the reward. We played the board and won. 

The same people who projected and assigned the harshest limitations to Lamar as a Quarterback are acting like us not over drafting him is some sort of indictment on our FO. Nope. We secured the 5th year option and got him on the cheapest deal possible. No cleaner dub exists. Hayden Hurst being a Top 10 Tight End in this league and Mark Andrews a Top 5 Tight End is another shining criticism for them. Yup, clearly the joke is on us. We didn't overdraft our phenom QB high enough and the selection order of the best TE group in the last what? Decade of the NFL is kind of funny. Hardy Har Har. Slobs.

*Note: Sam is from PFF, and triggered because of all the Lamar detracting he's personally done.

I think it's probably safe to say that we didn't pick Lamar thinking he'd be the MVP of the whole damn league by Year 2, because it's simply dangerous to do that level of wishful thinking with any draft prospect. If they did, they wouldn't have left anything even remotely to chance and probably would have traded up to get Lamar even if they were reading the room/his stock the way they were, just to be safe, because you don't leave anything to chance on something like that. From what it sounds like, Lamar was 2nd or 3rd on our QB board, with Baker as our favorite prospect. But they clearly did like and believe in Lamar. And one thing Ozzie has always been super rigid about is not chasing prospects he likes and believing in his own intel/feel for where a player's stock is. The best example of this is probably 2008 where they wanted Flacco - and having decided not to trade up for Matt Ryan, basically KNEW they had to come out of that draft with Flacco - but traded down from 8 to 26 because Ozzie felt strongly that he could still get Joe at the end of the 1st. We were willing to wait in that situation even though we loved Flacco, and were probably gonna wait it all the way out except that Bisciott was losing his mind in the draft room and Ozzie traded up to get their guy basically to kill the suspense. 

So I agree that they 'lol they took Hurst first' thing is probably overblown. More than anything else I think it really just says more about how much they were in love with Hurst rather than a rebuke of Lamar. And he's a good player, albeit one who was a little overdrafted, so that footnote is always gonna stick. 

In any case, I think the whole Hayden Hurst thing matters a lot less than what we did once Lamar was in the building. Building the team around him was the real and bigger vote of confidence and arguably that means more considering it wasn't all conjecture at that point, we actually got to know Lamar for ourselves and decided to go all in. 

34 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

The isn't and has never been the clever rebuke some people think it is. It's passive aggressive, agenda driven, and overall valueless commentary. And that's why you never see this logic applied to any other draft selections across the league.

We knew where Lamar's stock was at, how he was valued by the 31 other clubs, and when to pull the trigger on him. That's why we get the reward. We played the board and won. 

The same people who projected and assigned the harshest limitations to Lamar as a Quarterback are acting like us not over drafting him is some sort of indictment on our FO. Nope. We secured the 5th year option and got him on the cheapest deal possible. No cleaner dub exists. Hayden Hurst being a Top 10 Tight End in this league and Mark Andrews a Top 5 Tight End is another shining criticism for them. Yup, clearly the joke is on us. We didn't overdraft our phenom QB high enough and the selection order of the best TE group in the last what? Decade of the NFL is kind of funny. Hardy Har Har. Slobs.

*Note: Sam is from PFF, and triggered because of all the Lamar detracting he's personally done.

I think the simplest way to say this is as follows. Clearly the Ravens didn't know (or likely more accurately) weren't certain that he could be THIS good or attain this level of his potential. They did, however, value him more highly than any of the other 32 teams. In that respect, there is no conclusion other than that they were 100% right about him.

• Like 1