Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

@sp6488 @BaltimoreTerp Penn St losing last night was huge...Terps win 3/5 to end the season and we may be looking at a 2 seed?!? I am still very much a Turgeon hater but this year feels kind of different, no?

Cowan makes it all feel different for me. Haven't felt as confident watching a Terp in clutch moments since Greivis. 

That said, I think if we can't pull together a deep run this year then it just is never gonna happen under Turgeon. 

• Like 1

Kinda jealous of some of these teams getting new uniforms. Feels like we could use a refresh. The fact that we use the black tops so much despite it not technically being one of our primaries, and the fact that we in general seem to mix and match so much throughout the season makes it feel like we don't really have strong defaults to fall back on. Would love to see a revamp where our primary home jersey becomes a black top with white or purple pants, for example. 

I'm not saying it's why we lost, but I'm not NOT saying I'm starting to feel a little superstitious about the fact that we ball out in our big home games all season long wearing black jerseys and then come playoff time we're not allowed to wear those and have to go with some lame purple top/white pants combo and come out flat... 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

8 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Kinda jealous of some of these teams getting new uniforms. Feels like we could use a refresh. The fact that we use the black tops so much despite it not technically being one of our primaries, and the fact that we in general seem to mix and match so much throughout the season makes it feel like we don't really have strong defaults to fall back on. Would love to see a revamp where our primary home jersey becomes a black top with white or purple pants, for example. 

I'm not saying it's why we lost, but I'm not NOT saying I'm starting to feel a little superstitious about the fact that we ball out in our big home games all season long wearing black jerseys and then come playoff time we're not allowed to wear those and have to go with some lame purple top/white pants combo and come out flat... 

It seems like I am the minority, but I like the all purple jersey we used when we beat the Titans last year and Rams this year.

On 2020-02-19 at 10:26 AM, Danand said:

I use the time to look at games. It is much easier to actually watch players and what happens when you are not "concerned" with the outcome and has your emotions going as it is during the season.

I like the proces to get a better and objective view of teams needs and which players are actually good or replaceable. It is only 3 games, but the difference with Jimmy Smith on the field is very noticeable. On the other hand, I rarely see Judon winning one on one matchups as a pass rusher, and I think I have to try and spot him more and especially his sacks from this year as they might be a result of scheme rather than him winning against tackles. Against the Patriots he was completely shut down by both tackles. We got pressure on Brady with blitzes and playing aggressive in coverage.

While he might be our best pass rusher, I think we should extend the better guy even though he is older. 

Im really not a fan of bringing Judon back at elite money. Don't overpay for a guy who isn't a true game Wrecker. I'd like to see if we can land Clowney. He puts on pressure and is an elite edge setter. He's a game Wrecker in every sense of the word. He really fits out D to a T. 

6 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Im really not a fan of bringing Judon back at elite money. Don't overpay for a guy who isn't a true game Wrecker. I'd like to see if we can land Clowney. He puts on pressure and is an elite edge setter. He's a game Wrecker in every sense of the word. He really fits out D to a T. 

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Say we let Judon walk and miss on Clowney in free agency... what's the backup plan?

What's contained in the new CBA could be quite interesting. If they eliminate the ability to roll cap over, franchising Judon almost becomes close to a no-brainer in my book. The opportunity cost of those dollars would decline substantially.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:02 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Cowan makes it all feel different for me. Haven't felt as confident watching a Terp in clutch moments since Greivis. 

That said, I think if we can't pull together a deep run this year then it just is never gonna happen under Turgeon. 

I would add that Stix Smith has really come into his own as a dominant force. He's not quite the brawler that Bruno was down low, but his ability to stroke the trey takes his game to a whole different level.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 4:58 PM, coordinator0 said:

Say we let Judon walk and miss on Clowney in free agency... what's the backup plan?

Panic.

I wouldn't risk it. I want to fully pursue Clowney, but I'm going to tag Judon and deal with potentially moving/rescinding Judon after we get another player signed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

Panic.

I wouldn't risk it. I want to fully pursue Clowney, but I'm going to tag Judon and deal with potentially moving/rescinding Judon after we get another player signed.

Agreed. Have to have at least Judon as a guaranteed backup plan...tag him, go after Clowney or Fowler and see what’s what 

On 2020-02-20 at 4:58 PM, coordinator0 said:

Dante Fowler Jr 

Heck, even Suggs to plug the area. 

Theres others but I don't think giving elite money to Judon is smart. We have Lamar's contract coming up and he's probably going to bring in 40mil per. I'd like to patch the area unless we're getting a stud like Clowney. Build through draft. 

I haven't lost hope for Bowser. He's really come on. Ferguson also had very bright spots this year. Some low lights too. He looks promising. Hopefully he can continue to grow as an LB. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Panic.

Yeah, I think it's a no brainer that Judon is tagged. What happens after that is anyone's guess. Would love a 2nd and 4th from NYJ.. 

12 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

So if the Ravens draft a receiver at any point in this draft - which i think we all expect them to do - that's gonna be it for Jaleel Scott unless he has an all-time great camp/preseason, huh? 

It's too early to tell, as the draft and injuries will decide a lot, but yea all the guys at the bottom of our position groups where we are bound to inject talent are going to be in for a fight. 

Jaleel had one of the bigger turnarounds we've seen from a player recently. After that disastrous Rookie showing he really was a beast for us last camp and during the preseason. You don't see that too often, usually they'll just flame out when they're that bad early. It's hard to see him doing enough to fully breakthrough, but I hope he continues his trajectory regardless.

Was honestly a little surprised that EDC kept him on the roster throughout the 2019 season. He cut other guys to accommodate moves that surprised me. Shows he valued Scott.

• Like 2