Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

What could have been. 

He was nowhere near what he was but would've been fun to watch him in purple. 

Better hypothetical would be if somehow he were born some 10 years later and could’ve gotten drafted by the Ravens. Could you imagine CJ2k with LJ8 on a football field? They thought that basic read option with Vince Young was difficult to stop... just imagine if it was a better QB with way more speed added into the equation. 😳😳😳😳

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Better hypothetical would be if somehow he were born some 10 years later and could’ve gotten drafted by the Ravens. Could you imagine CJ2k with LJ8 on a football field? They thought that basic read option with Vince Young was difficult to stop... just imagine if it was a better QB with way more speed added into the equation. 😳😳😳😳

One word. 

Deadly. 

• Like 1

Some random thoughts after our draft:

1) We might be the most stable franchise in the NFL top to bottom. (Steelers and Seahawks are the only other two that could challenge).

2) Lamar MVP - Last year going all-in on Lamar doesn't get enough credit. I realize the coaches and organization were well recognized but last year was another level of anything I've seen before. I can't think of any other teams changing their offense and players so dramatically to work with the 32nd pick of the draft whose future was still unclear. It's interesting to think about what could have happened with Lamar's career had he gone to another team. There's a very high likelihood other teams would have not put him in a position to succeed and bailed on him early.

3) EDC - He has been as good as advertised (or better) and we are so lucky he turned down the myriad offers over the years to stick with us. A lot of credit goes to Bisciotti who likely has been paying him a full GM salary for years. It makes such a difference with drafting and free agency to have someone making decisions who has full job security like this while other GMs might make decisions based on keeping their jobs for another year or two.

4) Ronnie Stanley - I would be hard pressed to pay Stanley 'market' after the Laremy Tunsil deal. I think Lamar makes the o-line look better than they are and we would be better off having 5 above average guys than paying $22m to our LT and having weak spots elsewhere. Especially with injury history I could see us going the franchise tag route with him and drafting a replacement.

5) Antonio Brown - I think there's a decent chance we sign him on a one year cheap deal with no guarantees. Our organization is strong enough to hold him in check but also strong enough to cut the cord at the first sign of trouble. He has been incredibly humbled and would be coming to a place with the league MVP at qb so he wouldn't be the star of the show like in Oakland. He also seems to like Lamar plus the Hollywood connection. Given covid and the shortened off-season he is likely to pick up the offense and contribute faster than almost any other off the street player (looking at his time in NE as an example). Also there would be so many bigger news topics that Antonio Brown coming back would almost seem like a minor thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jpeter15 said:

3) EDC - He has been as good as advertised (or better) and we are so lucky he turned down the myriad offers over the years to stick with us. A lot of credit goes to Bisciotti who likely has been paying him a full GM salary for years. It makes such a difference with drafting and free agency to have someone making decisions who has full job security like this while other GMs might make decisions based on keeping their jobs for another year or two.

Pretty much has to be the case considering DeCosta can afford to live next door to Harbaugh xD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jpeter15 said:

5) Antonio Brown - I think there's a decent chance we sign him on a one year cheap deal with no guarantees. Our organization is strong enough to hold him in check but also strong enough to cut the cord at the first sign of trouble. He has been incredibly humbled and would be coming to a place with the league MVP at qb so he wouldn't be the star of the show like in Oakland. He also seems to like Lamar plus the Hollywood connection. Given covid and the shortened off-season he is likely to pick up the offense and contribute faster than almost any other off the street player (looking at his time in NE as an example). Also there would be so many bigger news topics that Antonio Brown coming back would almost seem like a minor thing.

I feel this isn’t the most likely scenario. The Brown situation is likely being help up by all of his court cases... which will all likely be on hold for some time as the courts will have to open back up and then I’m sure everything will be backlogged. So by the time his situation gets settled we might be well into the season at that point and trying to incorporate a player on a shortened season that’s not in chemistry with the QB. I’m not sure it would make for the optimal move.

8 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Sort of makes me think of a more athletic Jihad Ward in that he's a bit of a tweener. Could see Wink using him more effectively and unlocking some of the raw potential, but does he give us anything we don't already have?