Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

If we can make the money work I'd definitely be interested in a trade for Davis. He's a good #2, would give us a good alternative/competition for Boykin on the outside, and he's a great blocker as well.

Not sure that the Titans would trade with us though given they're looking at making a run a the AFC and don't want to strengthen us. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

If we can make the money work I'd definitely be interested in a trade for Davis. He's a good #2, would give us a good alternative/competition for Boykin on the outside, and he's a great blocker as well.

Not sure that the Titans would trade with us though given they're looking at making a run a the AFC and don't want to strengthen us. 

For reference, he has $825K base salary this season with a roster bonus of "$3,192,921 roster bonus due 5th day of training camp." Currently marked as July 2, but who knows what that will mean for this year given possible delays. Have to think he would be less expensive before that date and more expensive after from a compensation perspective.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/corey-davis-21746/

https://overthecap.com/contract-triggers-calendar/

Schedule is being released on Thursday. Obviously a lot of uncertainty around whether they end up following this schedule because of COVID, but with nothing else going on sports-wise still something to look forwards to. Going to guess we get a pretty full primetime slate given Lamar's popularity. Predictions for me on primetime games:

Sunday Night Football: vs. KC, vs. DAL, @PIT 

Monday Night Football: @ PHI

Thursday Night Football: vs. TEN 

Season opener: vs. JAX

Week 17: @ CIN 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Schedule is being released on Thursday. Obviously a lot of uncertainty around whether they end up following this schedule because of COVID, but with nothing else going on sports-wise still something to look forwards to. Going to guess we get a pretty full primetime slate given Lamar's popularity. Predictions for me on primetime games:

Sunday Night Football: vs. KC, vs. DAL, @PIT 

Monday Night Football: @ PHI

Thursday Night Football: vs. TEN 

Season opener: vs. JAX

Week 17: @ CIN 

I'm pretty sure we're guaranteed to open week 1 on the road. IIRC someone said that Sunday the Orioles are scheduled to play at home. Who knows with the virus but I'd assume if the NFL is opening on time that MLB would be back in the swing of things. Not sure if they'd hold to the original schedule though.

Edit: Also, we all know any and all Ravens/Steelers Sunday night games are IN Pittsburgh, haha. It's ridiculous at this point the split on that...it's like 7 or 8 in PIT vs like 1 or 2 in BAL under Harbaugh smh

Edited by Ray Reed

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We're still in the running for Clowney apparently.

This is probably just Clowney’s team trying to create smoke considering we just resigned Pernell McPhee and before that signed DJ Fluker. We were projected to have a little over $8m after we signed our draft picks. I would imagine McPhee and Fluker will take up a decent bit of that remaining money. If not for those two I would think it could still be very much possible. Considering he said he wants to contend for a ring and the past two years he has made roughly $8m and $13m.

So while say the Browns have vastly more money to offer right now (IIRC), we could offer him a greater chance at a ring as well as the ability for him to rebound his free agency stock and get paid. We can point to our successful track record in getting guys paid extending all the way back from guys like Bart Scott to Paul Kruger to Zadarius Smith, etc. There’s already likely some familiarity with Fluker as well.

Though I suppose there’s nothing stopping the team from trading Judon for a 2021 pick. Perhaps a team that wanted to add a pass rusher through the draft was unable to and would be willing to part with a 2021 2nd day selection. With that in place we could sign Clowney to a deal using the Judon tag money. I won’t get my hopes up over it, but if we land Clowney... that would seal this offseason as probably the greatest offseason that I can remember.

• Like 1

Well, guess we'll just have to see the report. Not worried about the football aspect of this at this point. If it's as bad as the Rice situation, I hope and expect the team to stand to their sentiments and fires him. If it's not on that level, then we'll just have to see.