Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

Ravens and Chiefs game should be held on SNF and anything other than that is criminal. We haven't hosted a Ravens/Steelers SNF game since the infamous Troy fumble hit on Flacco, if I recall correctly. Pretty weak if I do say so myself. Hopefully, one of the Browns games are on primetime TV. Never get tired of embarrassing them on a national spotlight.icon_lol.gif

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

This is a team sport. When you go on Instagram and and make the public privy to information that could harm the team before your own employer? That's a bad decision. Cheating on your wife, bad decision. Orgy with hookers during a pandemic, bad decision. 

See the trend? The team needs to sit him down and show him that it's not acceptable to withhold information detrimental to the team. Given the teams history with bad press, they try very hard to avoid it. 

He should be suspended. If he's not, I won't be upset but he shows an obvious trend with bad decision making. 

What if she had successfully shot him and injured him and in the hospital he posted that to social media that he’s been shot and is okay? Would you hold the same stance?

At it’s most simplistic level sure you can be frustrated as an employer for the lack of PR etiquette, but if common sense doesn’t get you there about not punishing this action, then the above hypothetical is literally Reductio Ad Absurdum. If we expand the scenario to an extreme version of itself... do you think the Ravens should still suspend him? If not, then he shouldn’t be logically suspended in this instances where he avoided physical harm.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Ravens and Chiefs game should be held on SNF and anything other than that is criminal. We haven't hosted a Ravens/Steelers SNF game since the infamous Troy fumble hit on Flacco, if I recall correctly. Pretty weak if I do say so myself. Hopefully, one of the Browns games are on primetime TV. Never get tired of embarrassing them on a national spotlight.icon_lol.gif

Tbqh I think we’ve played our best performances on the road anyway. Feels like the team thrived more on the road crowd creating the proper “us vs them” mentality and they got going earlier. Whereas at home, they seemed to even in games they dominated, started out a little slower than I’d like. Perhaps I’m just looking too far into nothing however.

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/07/report-ravens-are-exploring-whether-earl-thomas-violated-his-contract/

According to Jonas Shaffer and Jessica Anderson of the Baltimore Sun, the team is exploring whether Thomas violated his contract. A team official speaking to the Sun on condition of anonymity also said that at times in 2019 Ravens coaches believed Thomas strayed from the “team” concept, and that he struggled to grasp the defense, putting him at odds with teammates.

The more precise question would be whether Thomas did anything that would void the $10 million fully guaranteed salary Thomas is due to earn this year, allowing the team to cut Thomas without financial consequence. Releasing him after June 1 would trigger a $5 million cap charge this year and a $10 million charge next year, due to the $20 million signing bonus he received in 2019.

Not sure I buy that. The team has been adamant about building the best secondary in the league. Why burn a Safety near the top of the league at his position- with no replacement in house?

This isn't a defense that's easy for Safeties to walk into. Identifying a comparable replacement before the season would be impossible, and then the growing pains and weaker game of whoever does step in will hurt what was a top of the league unit. The coverage ability of Thomas trickles down to the rest of the defense with direct beneficiaries, namely Marcus Peters. 

When is the last time the Sun had any sort of scoop on anything 'Ravens' related? And why would a team official purposefully hurt the team by publicly airing that kind of information with reporters?

This is all seems like the ripple effects of the wave of a story Earl Thomas just threw at a starved for content NFL community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Not sure I buy that. The team has been adamant about building the best secondary in the league. Why burn a Safety near the top of the league at his position- with no replacement in house?

Because he's obviously a complete moron? You check his social media today? Zero self awareness. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

3 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Because he's obviously a complete moron? You check his social media today? Zero self awareness. 

Lack of self awareness on social media isn't something teams should hold highly when evaluating whether to move on from a player or not.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Lack of self awareness on social media isn't something teams should hold highly when evaluating whether to move on from a player or not.

It actually should. He's shown a propensity to be a horrible decision maker, this is further proof. If there's any shred of truth to this article. The teams looking for a way out. He's become a headache and has never really seemed to mesh with the team culture. If he comes and plays on Sundays, cool I'm all for the guy on the team but he doesn't seem to be a great teammate or employee. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

you comparing AB and ET for their social media antics is VERY much over the top. smh.

Be glad to have a guy like Thomas on this team even if he is not the world beater he once was.

Using someone as an example when someone says "social media doesn't matter when you're a pro bowler". Isn't over the top, I'm also not comparing. Simply stating a point to prove my point. As @coordinator0 has said. We're far down the rabbit hole here. We'll agree to disagree. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

15 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah had we drafted someone like Antoine Winfield or something than maybe I could buy it. Getting rid of less than ideal team fit and going after Jadeveon Clowney in an effort to improve the team chemistry... maybe. But we don’t have a top safety prospect in the fold.

Unless the team has more information at its disposal than just this. Such as if Thomas has had a few drunk driving incidents that were covered up or there was a domestic violence incident that somehow never got reported, but they found out about... or something else where they feel like ET is spiraling and they might need to get out with a quick exit strategy... than I see no reason not to keep him and allow his talent/hunger to prove Seattle wrong for letting him go be a motivation factor in achieving the teams aims.

Most wars were won with the aid of mercenaries that fought less for a cause and more for personal gain... I see no reason ET can’t be a mercenary that gets us over the top.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 3