Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

In terms of things out of his control, this has been a disaster offseason for a young player like Justice Hill. The Dobbins addition, Covid stealing all of his Camp reps and likely the Preseason as well. He can't be too happy right now.

Hopefully the situation brings the dog out in him. He's still got a very high ceiling and a good shot to be our RB2 in a couple of years.

He helps himself a lot by being able to contribute through the return game.

4 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm more wondering how in the world an UDFA rookie is going to make the 53 this year. I guess numbers may dictate one of the undrafted TEs we brought in sticks, but who knows how much evaluation time they'll get.

Well I suppose the streak remains if there isn’t a season at all... so there’s always that possibility. Also less preseason games means there’s less of a chance for us to lose a preseason game and lose that streak as well. #lookingonthebrightside

9 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm more wondering how in the world an UDFA rookie is going to make the 53 this year. I guess numbers may dictate one of the undrafted TEs we brought in sticks, but who knows how much evaluation time they'll get.

Trying to find the direct quote, but there’s this:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/mailbag-predicting-the-under-the-radar-breakout-star

“The Ravens were very excited to get the pair of undrafted tight ends and Head Coach John Harbaugh flat-out said he expects one, or maybe even both, to be on the 53-man roster.”

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Very relieved tbh

Agreed, I've said it before but Judon is absolutely a guy I'm willing to overpay for one year on the tag, but don't want him clogging up our cap space in the future. He's a nice piece, but a long term deal will capture more of his decline than most first time FA. Hopefully he's motivated to step it up, have a great season, get a ring, and bring back a 2022 3rd round comp.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Top 10 Madden Ratings for our team-

FWIW I should also note that Michael Pierce is a 91 Overall for the Vikes. Don't know how that happened. Far better than Geno Atkins at 88 Overall.

Ec2R_vbXoAEwghZ?format=jpg&name=large

Justin Tucker... an 87....? WTF is this nonsense? Are kickers now lower in general?

I still don't see Judon as a great piece to resign. While I don't think we are in a bad cap situation going forward, I don't like the idea of forcing a contract on Judon which would prevent us from resigning Stanley, Lamar, Humphrey, Brown and Andrews in that order.

According to overthecap, the Ravens have 65 mill. in cap space available for 2021, and I assume a huge amount of that would go to Stanley and Lamar if we would extend him early. Humphrey by 2021 has a cap hit of 10 mill. which I doubt would be lowered by a new contract, but byt 2021 our biggest cap hits are Earl Thomas, Calais Campbell, Brandon Williams and Marcus Peters. Of those three veterans, Williams would be the most likely cap casualty as far as I can see.

By 2022, both Campbell and Williams are off the books, and we would essentially only have Lamar, Stanley, Humphrey, Earl and Peters on big contracts. That would leave some space for Andrews and Brown.

All things considered, I don't see other major contracts in our future unless a player really steps up unexpectedly

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Need to pay Stanley at all cost.

I think both Stanley and Brown are close to "at all cost". I am still really high on Brown and I think we would be wise to solidify our oline for years now we have the chance.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danand said:

According to overthecap, the Ravens have 65 mill. in cap space available for 2021, and I assume a huge amount of that would go to Stanley and Lamar if we would extend him early.

Typically you see big extensions with higher avg later on. Could we use this nice chunk of change to front load dead for these two? Setting us up better to compete and have more roster flexibility later on?